WIP Beta released FFB mod

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Brother_Dave, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

This mod lets you increase Side Accel Feedback to 350% instead of the vanilla max of 20%.

Why i do this?

Im constantly doing this 'mod' on my BeamNG setup so i might aswell release it as a mod so that others can try it out.
    I feel that the FFB is lacking the tight feeling that many other sims have, especially when the wheel is centered.

What value i use?

Depends on how i feel that day, id say between 150-350% but usually around 250%. I just used 350% and i can feel the rumble strips really well on Hirochi for example.

What are my current wheel and settings?

Logitech G920

Strength 700-1000, currently 720
    Smoothing 0 (YES zero, thanks to the side accel forces centering the wheel when standing still i assume)
    Side Accel Forces 250%
    Reduce while parked ON but can be used OFF on many more setups than before

Power steering enabled on all vehicles (it really works great with these settings)

In Controls ive made these changes to the pedal assignments, these give IMO a much more realistic behaviour, reduce the overall twithiness ive experienced when going drifting for example

Throttle pedal curve value 3
    Brake pedal curve value 2.7
    Clutch pedal curve value 0.3

How to install?

Check the attached images.
    Drag and drop the UI folder from the attached FFB_mod.zip zipfile to your C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.24 folder.

Now you should be able to increase the Side Accel Feedback to 350%, check the attached mages.

What if BeamNG is updated?

This is working on 0.24.1. As long as the Options file isnt updated this mod works.If it doesnt work anymore then delete the UI folder in your C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\BeamNG.drive\0.24 folder , no need to clear cache.

Attached Files:

#1 Brother_Dave, Dec 20, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Updated to 0.24.1 just to make sure :rolleyes:

3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

This vid is made while using this mod, a very much increased control. Detailed and delicious noise from the road even down the big straight.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlackMetal

BlackMetal
    Expand Collapse

good idea although I can't recommend it. tried your ffb settings and it's way too clunky and ffb spikes are everywhere. BUT this VVV feels quite nice tbh. not too artificial and not too strong.

Attached Files:

• untitled.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Dont ask me how i can have smoothing at 0, its a fairly new wheel and i dont have any weird settings or caps i know of in Logitech G Hub but i guess it can differ from wheel to wheel, and quite alot at that :)
    What wheel are you using?

6. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

also, looked like you need an extra gear ;)

7. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

lool yeah that poor rev limiter working hard :rolleyes:
    --- Post updated ---
    I shouldve made clear that in testing different strengths all the time :)
    I tried yours and i like it, although i increased strength to 800 and side forces to 100%. I do also use Full type instead of the default Fast. I can see youre using a non linear steering curve, how come?

8. BlackMetal

BlackMetal
    Expand Collapse

So the middle is a little bit more sensitive (I'm mainly drifting) and yeah, same wheel for now just a little bit of mods here and there. I like my ffb to be informative and smooth if I experience any clonking I just lower the force even if it's really low I can't have that because it's breaking the whole immersion and it's pissing me off

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice