Released Fijiti - [Update 2] - Even more FPS, day/night cycle, updated for latest BeamNG

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by thingshappen, Aug 29, 2013.

1. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Re: Fijiti

I didn't have that many issues to be fair. I have a pretty high end PC though. Only issue I came across was probably what you're talking about. It kept saying it had lost the GPU but I pinned it down to using standby then waking the PC up after sleep and working on the map. If you properly shut down the PC it doesn't occur.

2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

good to know

just have to reset pc then

also my basic pc specs:

Intel i5 3570k @4.0Ghz

16gb of drr3 1600mhz Gskill rijaw Ram [4gb x4]

Nvidia GTX 770 2GB with ACX

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

3. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, you shouldn't have any problems with that. Does it run my map without issue? It has tons of foliage.

4. Spjs95german

Spjs95german
    Expand Collapse

Awesome map! Only some performance issues. But great fun anyway ;)

5. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

Looks like a great map, but my underclocked (due to age and heat issues) GTX260 really struggles. It's definitely performance hungry!

Luckily got a GTX770 on the way next week so will have a good go then. :)

6. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

I could try and sort out the performance issues at some point, there's a few things I could do that would help. I don't really have the time at the moment to sort anything just yet though.

7. Spjs95german

Spjs95german
    Expand Collapse

Yeah would be great. Don´t hurry, we got time ;)

8. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

What he said ^ :D Although for me hopefully it won't be an issue by the end of next week!

9. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Any chance you could point out the areas where you get the worst performance? I have a few ideas, but I'm not entirely sure.

10. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

For me it's right from the spawn point. When I drive down the road a bit towards the fuel station on the left hand bend it's OK. Soon as I go around that bend it gets very bad. I haven't managed to get any further than that so far. :(

11. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Ah right, that's a pretty big problem then considering that's not even a densely forested area or anything, apart from down in the valley at the top of that hill. You do have a pretty old card though, but I'll see what I can do at some point. Your new card will be able to handle it just fine.

If you go right towards the sea from the spawn point and follow the dirt track to the right of the small building on the beach when does your performance decrease?

12. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Right, in regards to FPS, I may be able to do something about it this week so hopefully you should have a better running map if I can do what I think I can do about it.

13. bowserchomp

bowserchomp
    Expand Collapse

This map has some wicked lag spikes. Sometimes, it freezes for 10-20 seconds.

Also, the roads need to be flatter/smoother.

14. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy
    Expand Collapse

LOVE this map! The lag can get intense in some parts, but overall absolutely love it. Really like how the main road has a lot of bumps on it, without being too harsh. On some paths the tree cover can get in the way a bit much, not sure if that's intended or not. There are also a few floating rocks I saw on the rocky paths.

Can't wait to see the new revisions of this map!

15. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I can do anything about the lag spikes unfortunately. It's just the amount of models I used mixed in with some slow loading time in the engine, possibly a bug. I wanted to smooth the roads down, but I ultimately decided against it, as it made it pretty fun to drive down. It's a load smoother than it was though.

I tried to get rid of the floating rocks as much as I could, any chance you could take pictures of some? The tree cover getting in the way is fully intentional, makes it more interesting to drive on. Thanks for the download!

16. Galimatia

Galimatia
    Expand Collapse

Now that is a big and well done map ! Had tons of fun driving around it, both onroad and offroad. Quite large map with a lot of paths, really entertaining. Beautiful for a map of this size.

I wish it there was more technical offroad trails; I had trouble with one only, there was a steep bank next to a river. I'm driving with a special offroad version of the D15 with friction coeff up to 3, that might be why I find it simple.

Keep up the good work !

17. thingshappen

thingshappen
    Expand Collapse

Re: Fijiti - [Update 1] - More FPS, smoother roads, 9MB

Ok, I've done an update to address some issues:

• FPS should have increased on slower machines, as I've removed some old files that I was using during development and forgot to take out when I was done.
    • I've smoothed the roads out as they were incredibly bumpy before (but fun to drive on). Off road tracks are still the same.
    • Decreased the file size down from 100MB to 9MB, as it's now using resources from Dry Rock Island. I used my map renamer to do this (shameless plug)
    • Added some decals to road openings and cracks to some areas of the map.

Hopefully this should work loads better than it has done previously, especially on slower machines.

Thanks! Sorry about the lack of technical offroad trails though, I tried to make it possible to complete with the default vehicles.

#37 thingshappen, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  18. Rizor.org

Rizor.org
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for upload! This looks awesome! :D

19. Colonel_Potter

Colonel_Potter
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for this map. It's fun going through the offroad trails with the Gavril offroad or the rock crawler you can get here on the forums. I really enjoyed it. Have tried a few maps, didn't care for them, so deleted them. I am keeping this one. Again, thanks for the work you put into this. It's very enjoyable to play. Oh yeah, also love the size of this map.

Also, I never really had too much of an issue performance wise. Only the first couple of seconds, when I spawned in the buildings, had a bit of lag. After that, the map ran smooth, as smooth as the stock maps. I don't have an uber gaming system. AMD FX-6100 and a nVidia 560SE, with 16GB RAM.

20. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Looks great! How did you get the hills and high areas, and mountains? Did you make those yourself or have it made through the editor? ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice