First Car & Insurance Questions?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by on3cherryshake, Mar 15, 2017.

1. on3cherryshake

on3cherryshake
    Expand Collapse

First, thanks for the reply :) Next, you seem very opinionated based on the looks of cars. Many people love the LX Platform 300, including Jeremy Clarkson. I'm not really looking at those, so don't worry, I guess. Very expensive. I respect everyone's opinion though!

I've done plenty of research on the LH cars. Chrysler LHS/Concorde/300M, Dodge Intrepid. Reliability is questionable, some say the cars are the most dependable they have, and some say that you'll be $10k under if you buy a used one. The engine reliability is 50/50 on the internet. I do have some personal connections to similar cars though. I mentioned my grandparents owned a 300M for several years, and they say the only problem they ever had was with the chrome-on-aluminum wheels they had. My parents own a T&C, with the 4.0L V6 (that's the 3.5's big brother.) We have put plenty of miles on it and it has given us zero trouble so far. But I want to hear what people here have to say, and hear some advice! And you guys have come through, so thank you to all who have contributed to the topic :D

I'm starting to also like the 2004+ Ford Taurus / Mercury Sable. Specifically with the Duratec. I've read they make good first cars. Love the powertrain and looks of them both. Just no Vulcan, please... And after some looking around, I do like the S40!! Looks good, reliable, 0-60 in under 8 seconds with a 4-cyl. I will most likely start looking at that too.

Once again, thank you all so far for contributing!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice