1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

First Impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LJFHutch, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Die Anna

Die Anna
    Expand Collapse

STABLE and runing over 27 fps with all set on max DX9 1360*768 on old G-force 9800GT ;)

Reflection on car body sometimes look like it was a swiming pool in the pickup trunk.

The pickup front wheels act like the suspension with damaged silentblock on balance lever... wheels are "jumping" moving back-forward when teaking hard turn...

And the last. After crash deformed/damaged body parts keeping vibration same as in RoR.

But in fact best car physic ever made! (since carmagedon II)
    Can't wait to the end of the weekend to buy alpha.

Sorry 4 my english ;)

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

thanks for the bug reports, we are working on those issues :)

3. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Great game guys! Definitely worth the money plus the extra donation. :) I will be playing this all night long.

4. scorp200

scorp200
    Expand Collapse

seems like i can't turn on the AI, whenever I try to it just reverts back to player.

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

bug, we broke it shortly before the release. We will fix it in the next days :)

6. l.neidlinger

l.neidlinger
    Expand Collapse

Very cool. Been playing it for about an hour now and so far I'm liking it. Do seem to have a bit of a performance issue though. It could be my slightly...different hardware though. I have to run everything on normal settings at 1280x800 to be playable (~20FPS) with 2x 6 core AMD Opterons, 8GB ram and 2x 9800GT's in SLI. Does Drive support SLI?

7. scorp200

scorp200
    Expand Collapse

ah damn, and here i was planning to do a car chase. fix it as soon as possible! :p

8. 018361

Expand Collapse

Money well spent is what I have to say. It isn't perfect, but keeping in mind that it is in Alpha I would say that when it is completed it would be well worth the money and then some. My only troubles with it are that my Xbox 360 controller doesn't seem to want to play nice with the game and that the audio could really use a major improvement. It has far exceeded my expectation and I have to give many compliments to the creators. Good Job!:)

9. scorp200

scorp200
    Expand Collapse

so I was abusing the car...
    also for some reason after going back to main menu and switching maps, when i spawn a van it came with this texture.

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
    • 3.jpg
  10. DanTheMighty

DanTheMighty
    Expand Collapse

I really love the game, very much fun to play. cant wait till its done :D

11. Austin

Austin
    Expand Collapse

Best 15 dollars I've ever spent.

12. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

It's incredible, I loved it. :D But I need to upgrade my PC as soon as possible.

13. captmcneil

captmcneil
    Expand Collapse

First Impressions: good. Money well spent indeed, even with "a little extra".

Pro's:
    1. Loading times and user interface is pretty nice.
    2. Driving physics seems spot on, kudos to you guys. I will try to test it with my Logitech G25 as soon as I can.
    3. I like the improvements on wheel damage/behaviour in contrast to RoR. I like how you can now actually break rims, and the wheels don't just move through anything. And that wheels can come off at all.

Con's
    1. Cars seem a little too stiff, or the passenger compartments at least. There should be more roof buckling at 40mph upwards.
    2. I don't like the doors popping up if the frame bends. Didn't like that in RoR either, it's not realistic.
    3. Sound appears buggy, but I understand that is work in progress and not top priority.

Keep it going!

#73 captmcneil, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  14. JeepWagoneer

JeepWagoneer
    Expand Collapse

lowered box.png Lowered box truck anyone? lol

15. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

It was awesome.

Runs stable at 130 fps on max settings for me. I've got an almost identical computer as Gabe's.

16. DryFrog

DryFrog
    Expand Collapse

Time for the PC upgrade I have been putting off for years now. Really nice to drive with the Momo (works straight out of the box) I've wiped out quite a few cars already being over-enthusiastic on the gas pedal, then that feeling of "oh no, not going to make this next corner". Rocks and trees looming closer as you slide outta control toward them. Time to hit "slo-mo" and enjoy the end of your ride. Fantastic work guys I'm loving this thing, even with a little lag for now.

17. johandahl

johandahl
    Expand Collapse

My first impression is... a total disaster. After rebooting the computer it loads into "automatic repair-mode" and become unable to fix itself. I can pretty much say I'm fucked... :S

Johan - Sweden

18. captmcneil

captmcneil
    Expand Collapse

Why would you reboot your computer for BeamNG, and what is an "Automatic Repair Mode"?

19. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a user error.

20. ninjaman999

ninjaman999
    Expand Collapse

Rocking the Alpha on a GTX 690 and 2600k at 4.4
    2560x1440 with everything to normal + Vsync + Default Post FX and no AA
    It was running pretty badly Xo
    But the gameplay potential is immense <33333333333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice