1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

First Impressions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LJFHutch, Aug 4, 2013.

1. theteedizyes

theteedizyes
    Expand Collapse

Simply amazing.

2. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

I'll be the one to ask...how did you get a crawler in game? xD unless you converted it yourself?

3. S54B32

S54B32
    Expand Collapse

He got a pre-realesed Developers version. Hence why Mythbuster's Caddy was aslo released the day the Alpha of BeamNG came out to the public.

4. Rulzzz

Rulzzz
    Expand Collapse

It has been amazing, a couple of crashes trying to go back to the main menu, the camera is odd while going on reverse, the automatic transmission in RoR where the brake is separated from reverse is better than having reverse and brake on automatic, maybe we could have an option to separate them.

And lastly an UI other than de debug screen to show what gear are we in.

5. gimmic

gimmic
    Expand Collapse

Aye, sometimes you get caught up on an object and have to repeatedly ctrl+r over and over to 'work' yourself off the object. Something like an F Key (F5 etc) to reload to map starting position would be nice.

As it is sometimes I get stuck in a situation (the ocean) where I can't reasonably get back out.

Unlike many, I understand this is an alpha and eagerly look forward to future updates. :)
    I am very excited for multiplayer or even single player destruction derby races.

Have you all applied for Steam Greenlight?

6. Squareknotz

Squareknotz
    Expand Collapse

Playable on lowest settings with my 128mb v-ram graphics card, fps drops in the forests. Great game :D Moves as good as it looks!

Pros :
    Excellent crash and driving physics
    BEAUTIFUL environments
    The range of customizable parts
    Great cars and props!

Things to improve :
    Interface, its good but could be much better (tidy it up)
    Driving physics (could be improved for keyboard)
    The dashboard (I feel the dashboard shld come back)
    Mouse to rotate viewing angles.

Really really good for a techdemo / alpha ;)

7. scorp200

scorp200
    Expand Collapse

grand marshal around the random track :D

#107 scorp200, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  8. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Very impressed with the Alpha version so far you are doing a great job guy's :D

9. freemantsinq

freemantsinq
    Expand Collapse

I love the crash physics. I have spent several hours just slamming in to everything. Some things that I've noticed right off the bat. First, I've noticed what appears to be a bug. It doesn't appear to always trigger the bug, but it seems that when I go freecam (I think it was f8) and drive around a bit and then go back to the third-person camera (f7, I think) the car respawns pointed slightly nose high (floating) and almost always to the left. Resetting the camera (right thumbstick click) gives me a view of the left side of the vehicle and the vehicle will drive as if it's pointed forward when it is in the attitude I previously described.
    The third person camera needs constant resetting to keep it centered which is a distraction.
    Granted, I'm no expert on physics, but there appears to be very little friction between the tires and whatever they are in contact with. In the pickup, I can get it up to 20, brake check, and slide for several car lengths to a stop. Slow turns cause lots of sliding. Because of this, some of the cars just don't feel manageable. Road surfaces all feel the same: slippery.
    Just a small detail, but it seems the steering wheels turn a lot just to turn the wheel slightly.
    I haven't had any luck getting the AI to work. I can get a second car loaded with AI controlled checked. Go between them. Set the AI attitude, but I must be doing something wrong because the other car just sits there.
    That's about all I have for now. I love the car equipment customizing option. That is just a lot of fun to mess with. I look forward to lots of additions by the mod community that is bound to develop here.
    Thank you for releasing the alpha and the techdemo. It has been a great pleasure playing with it.

10. Voxi-Lybra

Voxi-Lybra
    Expand Collapse

How to do slow motion?
    EDIT:Found it!
    And how to spawn another vehicle without deleting the old one,for example i spawn a ramp and then when i spawn the ibishu,the ramp disappears!What to do?

#110 Voxi-Lybra, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  11. jacke0247

jacke0247
    Expand Collapse

I love it, great job guys.

The only problem i have is the camera movement, it?s SO BAD

12. 363110

Expand Collapse

Agreed - It's missing 2 things.
    -The option to Invert Camera Controls
    -The Angle at which it 'follows' the vehicle is bad. You can't see where you're going.
    Maybe moving the mount and left clicking once to lock that angle would be helpful.

13. Doubledrat

Doubledrat
    Expand Collapse

firstly, you're going to need an action replay feature. if the crashes are the star, you can't expect people to know ahead of time which ones will be impressive. secondly, and sorry to pour water on things, but how much fun is a game going to be if the slightest impact destroys your car? I know it'll be realistic, but will it be fun? just saying. oh, and the parking brake - normally in games, that's only one while the key is held down. having it be a toggle is probably a) not so good and b) not what players will expect

#113 Doubledrat, Aug 4, 2013
  14. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

Slow download, awesome game.
    Problem: PAINFUL to add a wheel. I can't even do it.

#114 ast5515, Aug 4, 2013
  15. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

So, The game is great, here are some pros and cons that I have found so far.

Pros:
    I love the way you can remove parts of the car such as the sway bar and coil-overs and see how it performs!

Handling and Physics work amazingly

LOVE the slow motion mode. Could use a label/text telling you how slow it is as your pushing the shortcut buttons. (percentage?)

Interesting wind sound as you are flying through the air xD

Cons:
    I have run into a mesh stretching issue. I was driving, got a wheel torn off and a piece decided to stretch. Im pretty sure it was not the tire itself though.

When switching through transmission types, It would be nice to have a small text popup telling you which mode you're in.

Needs a way to flip a car that is stuck on the hood

Couple issues with tires disappearing in sand, and getting caught in the rocks on the test map

16. Dannuborgir

Dannuborgir
    Expand Collapse

Oh thanks!

17. PanterA

PanterA
    Expand Collapse

Love it !!!

Here's a small crash I did this afternoon in the alpha. Love the slow-motion!!

[MEDIA=youtube]http://youtu.be/pE_tySwmTSk[/MEDIA]

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All

18. CarFanatic

CarFanatic
    Expand Collapse

You have no idea how gutted I am right now... My laptop died so I have nothing to play BeamNG on :( And I've been waiting so patiently for the demo... Looks excellent though.

19. Mumia76

Mumia76
    Expand Collapse

My first impressions are

1. I can't tell which gear the vehicle is in, it's only visible in one of the debug menus.
    2. I can't tell what is the current transmission mode. I couldn't find that information even in the debug menus. There is some sort of automatic, but the car just got stuck in reverse and I couldn't get it to go forward anymore.
    3. After resetting the car, the simulation froze, nothing moves, like it's paused. Even if I quit the demo, and go back to the title screen and go back it was still paused. (only happened once)
    4. The speed of the simulation is erratic, sometimes it slows down, sometimes it speeds up (this seems unrelated to the actual fps)
    5. The car revs up in neutral like the engine has absolutely no inertia whatsoever, and/or drivetrain/flywheel attached to it.

From the above errors 1,2, and 5 is very easy to fix, and 3. can be chalked up to alpha status. But I'm very worried about number 4. Sometimes it really slows down and I only have one basic vehicle in the techdemo map. I wanted to pay for the alpha, but this thing really got me confused. I won't put my money up until there is a fix for this issue.

20. Alastair

Alastair
    Expand Collapse

Very nice, but quite laggy. (Even on minimum settings) I might go in to the terrain editor and start removing vegetation just so I can drive around properly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice