Solved flexmesh not found, yet everything checks out

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by fufsgfen, Jul 23, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have mesh called 53_turbo_body1 in Blender, that is copy paste of the name.

I export it like I have done many parts today, dae file is in right folder, I have copy pasted mesh name to flexmesh section, but game claims no mesh with such name is found.

In dae file there is this:
    <library_geometries>
    <geometry id="_3_turbo_body1-mesh" name="53_turbo_body1">

In jbeam I have this:
    ["53_turbo_body1",

dae file is in same folder with other dae, which has 53_turbo_body0 which does work.

I thought that nothing exports anymore, but other objects from same file export just fine and also work.

I have attempted to rename object many times, also clicking plus sign and renaming sub-object or whatever that is called, but no, nothing helps.

All I wanted was to change UV map so I get working windows, but no, refuses to work.

not_working is dae file and other is huge mess of Blender file, I don't know if anyone can get body mesh exported or dae load up in game.

#1 fufsgfen, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

remove the "Cube" mesh in your dae.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I exlored .dae file and found out there is this kind of name "_3_turbo_body1" and using that in jbeam makes it work, but why name gets truncated like that?

@burilkovdeni there should be no cube mesh in exported dae, I have exported only selection and that should be 53_turbo_body1, however 5 becomes "_" in dae file for no apparent reason.

Or do you mean that remove Cube mesh from Blender file in Blender? Is that some sort of bug causing this change in name inside .dae?

4. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

yes it can cause bugs. because once I exported a dae with the "Cube" mesh and beamng rendered it over my mesh even though I did not reference it anywhere in the jbeams.

Also never use numbers as the first character, it will not render in beam at all. I know this because when I was making a ZAZ 1102 model, I named my body "1102_body" and was confused why did not show up?
    When I renamed to "zaz_1102_body" it suddenly showed up!!
    20180722234254_1.jpg unchanged
    20180722234420_1.jpg renamed with letter in front of number

The dae attached below should show up.

Attached Files:

#4 burilkovdeni, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Aha, so because of the number being first character, it exports that underscore, or something, this is really crazy, work of a madman! :D

Thx, I know now small bit more.

Now it would be sometimes even fun to build something, but when more time goes to fight against these undocumented 'features' in tools, boy, frustration levels go really high.

Anyway, as always, steaming trough obstacles has finally brought some results (I mean, why go around obstacle, when you can go trough?):
    upload_2018-7-23_6-51-52.png

That was easy, only about 3 hours or so to get windows done, which should be 5 minutes at maximum and they wonder why I never get anything done :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

@fufsgfen would you like me to remove your dae?

Thanks.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice