1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Force Feedback

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Schnoesel, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

So i got this problem that my Wheel is permanently turning left and right out of the slightest movement when the car is standing still ... i recently did a clean reinstall of the game and before that i had an option that stopped the wheel from doing that .. it disabled forcefeedback when the vehicle was standing ... but now i cant find that option anymore ... and the wiki doesnt say anything about it either ... did you take it out of the game ...or what happend to it ?

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What's your wheel model?
    That's probably a configuration issue.

Please check this page:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Steering_wheel_setup
    In particular the bottom part, it does mention that issue with some wheel models, and includes possible solutions.

3. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

yeah like i said i already red this and sadly there is no solution for me ... and i had it fixed before i reinstalled the game
    the feedback just says the wheel ok go left now and the the wheel turns like 2 inches to the left and the to the right again and so on ... and there was an option that particulaary said " disables the force feedback at low speeds" but i cant find it anymore ....

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Knowing the wheel model would help, they all different in terms of FFB.

Is this the option you are looking for?

It controls how strong the FFB is below a certain speed (so also when still)

5. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

so i got the G29 and i put the forcfeed back i bit higher ... but there is an other option ...
    upload_2018-10-13_13-54-18.png

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.
    What other option are you referring to?

Also, if you put the slider higher, the FFB will be stronger.
    If you want to disable (or lower) the FFB at lower speeds, you need to make the 'Strenght (low speed)' lower.

7. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

hmmm ... okay i have to apologize xD .. yes it is this option thank you very much and have a nice day :)

8. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

okay so since the new Update .. these Options are gone and the same issue is present again ... do you have any suggestions what i can do ?

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is check box to lower FFB at low speed, then keep strength enough low, like under 220, maybe 180-200 at max, smoothing something like 100-150.

If you have strength at 500 your wheel might not be able to give anything else than maximum force that it can.

Also have update rate something like 400hz or auto, also new update should work with fast updates now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice