Foreign Vehicles Question(s)

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by FluffyOreoCX, Sep 17, 2016.

1. FluffyOreoCX

FluffyOreoCX
    Expand Collapse

So, I've seen plenty of foreign vehicles on the interwebs and video games, but something confuses me. Why do most (if not all) of those vehicles have only 1 reverse light, while vehicles in america (and maybe other places) have 2? Are there certain requirements to where vehicles in America have to have 2? And what's the function of the light that replaces the 2nd reverse light?

2. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

I think possibly reflectors or more brake lights.. but I'm pretty sure there's not a requirement to have 2 in other countrys, if there's one in US...

3. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

The light that replaces the 2nd reverse light is the rear fog lamp. I suggest you refer to this website for more information.
    http://dastern.torque.net/Rearfogs/Rearfogs.html

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Most countries legally require a rear foglight, america is one of the few that dont.

5. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

The reason for this is that some countries (mainly Europe and Britain, possibly Japan as well) require a rear fog lamp to be installed.

Traditionally, cars either had an external fog light (usually just one), or have one/a pair built into the tail lamps (for instance, the Rover SD1)

More recently though, in an effort to cut manufacturing costs, one of the reverse lights is replaced with a fog lamp (while both reverse and fog lamps are mandated, only one of each is required). Higher end cars may use the traditional methods though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice