1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

forum bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Ewanc, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

For a long time, I’ve had a problem with the scroll wheel support on the forums. I spin the wheel and it initially moves one line at a time; rapid continued spinning results in slow stuttering responses, but eventually smooths out to normal.

My second problem is Grammarly support. I’m not able to see the red underline corrections for this plugin while posting on this forum. If I see a mistake, I can still right click and the correction options pop up, but I end up having to copy and paste everything into Word first to make sure it’s OK.

Finally; (I just experienced it) my cursor intermittently pops back to the beginning of my post while I'm typing. This is another long time bug Ive had happen repeatedly.

All of my problems are happening in the Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 64bit browser, and I haven’t tested with any others. I visit other forums and websites and havent experienced these bugs anywhere eles. Any tricks or suggestions would be great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

same version as you. got none of your problem

Can you try again with all module/extensions disabled.

Maybe you change some settings on Windows?

3. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

I figured out what was wrong with the mouse wheel; There's an extra scrollbar hanging out to the left of the actual one, just on the inside of the page's frame.

forumbug_mousewheel.jpg

The inside one doesn't do anything but is the initial focus of the mouse wheel. If I press the middle mouse button it resets the focus back to the outside bar and allows me to scroll the page like normal. I've just gotten so used to the glitch that I do this as a reflex.

I just installed and setup Chrome for testing, and it appears to have none of those problems. Firefox has gone downhill overall with the new version, so I'm probably just going to switch browsers.

4. Ewanc

Ewanc
    Expand Collapse

After reinstalling Firefox fresh; the second (bad) scrollbar disappeared and I haven't experienced the cursor bug anymore. My browser was probably hacked badly or just remnants form the old version. I had transferred everything to Chrome earlier, so it just transferred it back when i reinstalled (Hopefully none of the stuff that was messing me up)

Grammarly still isn't showing up; the squiggly lines in your post are from MS Word; Grammarly's corrections show up as fat solid red lines with rounded ends. If I mouse-over everything the spelling errors pop-up, so i guess thats better than nothing. I have MS Word too, so I could just use it's (not so good) spellcheck instead.

#4 Ewanc, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that there is proof reading built in to FF or something like that, which makes those red lines appear.

It is related to this somehow:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/language-tools/

I think that FF changed plugin system lately so that plugins wrote to old system will no longer work or something not so bright as that. I think that FF has gone downhill since version 4 or something like that, but there are Cyberfox and Waterfox which try to fix most of the bad doings, however every update seems to break functionality if that functionality is made possible by plugins and customizations, so it is seldom that I feel like updating, as long as it works somehow, I don't try to fix it or change it and with that I seem to get longest periods of trouble free computing.

6. lyndon123

lyndon123
    Expand Collapse

look ar this vid:

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice