1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

I was actually going to say : the Groups are broken but i just said it in the wrong way , Again , brilliant job !

2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

fixed attachments/thumbnails. The too small/too big ones are a matter of rebuilding them, which takes time
    test1.png test2.png

UPDATE: ok, improved file attachments, its a big clickable block now :|

UPDATE2: improved zip icon and made it click-able as a whole:

test3.png

UPDATE3: animated GIFs seem to work well for avatars and alike now. Please reupload your avatar to get the animation working again:

android_dance.gif giphy.gif

#242 tdev, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering what forum this is reminding me and just realized that the Assetto Corsa forums use the same layout. It just uses the different style or something that isn't avaible anymore in here but imo it looks better (in AC forums). I think that the new BNG forums could at least have a nice image where the BeamNG logo is like they have in the AC forums.

This is what I mean;

4. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Great work on the look of the forum! Have you guys been up all night? *passes another ☕️

I left a suggestion before I went to bed last night about the green bar, and when I woke up it had actually happened! Weather it was my suggestion that prompted the change I may never know, but I like it regardless. If it was always going to turn out like that then I guess I must be a mind reader.

All the links in my signature are now working too! Nice :)

The bigger thumbnails will be good, but I haven't encountered any yet to truly see what they are like. I still have a lot of noobing about to do before I'm familiar with most of the forum.

Are there any cool features/swag this forum has compared to the old one?

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

@machine yes, we saw that earlier, the styling is still temporary, we are thinking about adding a similar header image...

@jammin2222 There are lots of tiny new things. The big new features are disabled until the base works well. Also fixed the spacing of your signature up

• Like Like x 2
  6. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Will we be able to upload pics from our own computer later on? That's one thing that I really liked about the old forum. And, (this is just my personal opinion), the orange bar at the top might look better in blue. I've always associated the BeamNG forums with the color blue...
    Other than those two minor quibbles, I'm beginning to like the updated forum better than the old one ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

that is already possible? Or what do you mean?

8. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I think you already can. Just click upload a file and once its uploaded you can pick thumbnail or full size and it gets inserted into your post.

9. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

@tdev
    What about changing like to thanks? Will it happen or not? Also thanks for changing the blinking online icon, to not blinking <3 Also change messages to posts (under the BeamNG badge and join date).

#249 NaxNir, Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Oops. I didn't see the upload a file button. In the old forum, it was in the same place as the upload picture button; there was an option to do it from URL, or from your computer. Hehe, sorry about that. :oops:

11. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

Are groups going to comeback?

12. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

most likely i would think, it was a big thing in the old forums and it will most likely come back ;)

13. direct_UA

direct_UA
    Expand Collapse

Not bad look, but I suggest thanks instead of likes, and get "old forum" style, because it looks too modern for me, and some other things, that I can't show up because of my computer exploded.
    P.S. I don't like changes :p

#253 direct_UA, Oct 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

i think the dates of threads should be more noticeable and likes dont really pop out like they should but overall good design. Still very confusing to get around but so was the fourm the first time i joined.

Although i dont like having a section of "notable members" with likes and post count that will eventually turn into more of a leaderboard i think its good to be able to see how many likes and posts each person has.

• Like Like x 2
  15. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Disagree, but probably because I have to most likes (of a non-dev) :p

#255 NaxNir, Oct 13, 2015
  16. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

What? I dont understand what "but probably i have to most likes" means, do you mean you have the most likes of a member so far? if so my statement is true about it turning into a leaderboard and people bragging about how many likes they have received.

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Would flipping the "quote | reply" button so it sits above the text rather than bellow (at least on mobile) be possible? As it interferes with the text selection.

Otherwise i think the forum looks great now, its alot cleaner and easier to use too :D

Attached Files:

• Screenshot_2015-10-13-13-54-00.png
  18. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

It was a joke :|

19. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

I can never really tell these days...

• Like Like x 2
  20. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice