1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Oct 12, 2015.

1. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Working on a reliant big file upload for the repo. You can resume uploads and it should have no problems with unsteady wifi connections

uploader.png

• Like Like x 9
  2. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

I know this is kind of a old post, but I found out what it's purpose is:

3. yeticub

yeticub
    Expand Collapse

this forum is bad I dislike it I cant even download anything :mad: and another thing I miss is I miss the fun I miss the beamng look this looks very non beamng like.

#403 yeticub, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
  4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

So you spam with emoticons...? What's the issue you're getting with downloading?

5. tyleridlett

tyleridlett
    Expand Collapse

why is it every time I click on the zip folders for beta, it says error and wont let me download? such as stig driver and a few maps.

6. weaselnut34

weaselnut34
    Expand Collapse

I can't download vehicles, maps, mods ect. please fix this. It might just be me but I don't know what to do. please help, please.

7. weaselnut34

weaselnut34
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem, every time I click on the attached file it takes me to an error page. it says that it can't find the requested page.

8. Tom999

Tom999
    Expand Collapse

Well, the layout is looking better, lists are far better than cluttered boxes. There's still some things I haven't tried yet like downloading or uploading large files, So I can't comment on that aspect. The speed and functionality is better, no question. I'm sure there are still many aspects that you want to tweak and optimize and I will refrain as many others should from making any more critical comments until that work is completed.

Thanks to Tdev for listening to the concerns of users ( even if they were more like complaining and less like constructive criticism ) and doing your best to rectify and change the new forum to be more of an appealing place to visit and use.

Having said that, if it is at all possible to return the content thumbnails back to what the actual content is in the thread and not the user that started the thread or created the content, Visually that would be basically the only thing that needs to be rectified now.

It looks better, works better on mobile devices and just takes time getting used to, sorry if my previous post was a little "left field". Thanks for taking the time to address concerns and doing what is needed to keep the Beam forum current and up to date.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

I like that there is a page that highlights our mods and works, nice touch!

10. SPIDERS_

SPIDERS_
    Expand Collapse

As long as devblog returns soon i'll be happy

11. PainyTOXA

PainyTOXA
    Expand Collapse

Guys, please, make the top menu static or make it two times thinner by removing search field and replacing it with user info.
    I personally dont like top menus 'cause I've got not a 30" QHD monitor, but 15.6 notebook, and all those toolbars are fogging the view.

And, of course, I'm waiting for Blogs to come back.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

Preferences -> Style Options -> Uncheck "Enable Sticky Navigation". Why do so few people check their settings?

• Like Like x 3
  13. Feinstein

Feinstein
    Expand Collapse

Quick question: What were the security risks of the old forum? I am active on the World of Speed forum, which uses VBulletin and I'd want to bring those risks up, so the management knows about it.
    I am already getting used to the new forum; one nice thing about it is that it blends with Windows 10 almost perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Roger

Roger
    Expand Collapse

Brilliantly new forum there, Devs :) Kudos

15. RageShade1

RageShade1
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I'm really not liking the new style, its much more difficult to locate mods I liked before, reminds me of windows 8s metro interface, I think the old style was much easier to use

16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Is there an option to avoid displaying avatars entirely? Could it be added?

17. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I just tried uploading a big update for my Generic City map but it seems the 800 MB limit for .zip files hasn't been reinstated yet. Any idea when this will be sorted out? My file is 620 MB and will likely get bigger in future updates as I add more models to the map. It just says the file is too big, but doesn't say what the limit actually is. :(

18. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

Seems like noone else has adressed this problem before, but when I go on the "Community Screenshots", many times there are huge white blank spaces below the uploaded pictures as shown here:

19. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

@BBQ, link?

Also, Wiki back working: http://wiki.beamng.com

The authentication bridge seems to work well, please test if you have some time :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. tjschel

tjschel
    Expand Collapse

Yay!, the Wiki! But it still has all of the outdated information on it. When will the Wiki itself be updated?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice