1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Oct 12, 2015.

1. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

i think it would be better to have the forums up, changing them live can give you a better reaction and also does not produce a bazzilion "where are the forums" posts on steam to give nadeox1 a little break

2. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Unless you're being sarcastic, that's pretty contradictory to your signature.

3. DirtGamer301

DirtGamer301
    Expand Collapse

Nope, or I did it wrong. It seems to only upload the first image.

Contructive critismus ftw...

4. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

I just want to say that you shouldn't feel too bad about it (or overwhelmed). We all still love you tdev! <3 Oh and this theme is alot better than the default. Actually it's quite nice. Needs improvement nevertheless.

List of stuff and stuff, improvement/fixing bla bla et cetera
    1. Dev blog pls
    2. Better Smiley's needed
    3. Online thing is distracting
    4. Better setup (I mean when u click on the fourms and the dev blog and the fourms sections page)
    5. Love the high resolution profile photos <3
    6. Color scheme isn't nice
    7. I will clean up this posts grammar and spelling l8ter in the morning/afternoon

#64 NaxNir, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

yes, i will ask our 20 people web management team to work weeks on the testing environment :|
    I think most of the forum things are back working by now.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Its not a the biggest problem ever I can go without a 100% perfect theme just fine as long as the issues get fixed in time I really have no problem with it. I also know it will be worth it in the end for the far better software base. So its not worth taking it down or anything.

Anything wrong is quite small and its definitely useable

7. phipck

phipck
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate how long it takes to rework and update forums, so credit to you guys (or singular person) who has worked hard to update the forum. Personally I found the stark difference in layout quite jarring initially, of course this is just change and Im sure i will get use to where features are. But I am more likely to continue struggling a little with the open space feel to the pages, maybe its because i have dyslexia and the flow of a page is quite important to avoid loosing where my eyes are at. But i find the threads to be too spaced out, I initially thought my daughter had zoomed in on Chrome again and went to put the zoom back to 100% but that isnt the case, I look forward to the finalised version and will be interested to see what its like.

8. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I hope you guys realize that just because the new appearance isn't favorable, the staff will revert it back. This is a company, they don't have time to listen to people complain about smileys.

I do like it now, it looks more recent and you can now have full sized images uploaded locally.

9. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I've been known to participate in "Dev worship", but so far I'm not really liking the new forums. Everything's a mess and the main page has a horrid layout.

Opinion subject to change though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. juju

juju
    Expand Collapse

I don't get why people hate it that much, I find it perfectly fine, I like change.

And people should seriously stop being rude, this doesn't help.

#70 juju, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

comm screens picures small

too small

make them big pls.
    I won't bitch on the new forum setup not being usable because it is plainy a matter of not being used to and seeing something new. We'll get over it.

12. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

Now a permanent floating bar across the top of the screen?

Are you trying to suck?

13. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

When we first found out about the forums we had to get used to it. It won't be long and we will be used to this setup too.

14. softguy456

softguy456
    Expand Collapse

i kinda liked the Dev blog thing on the home page but it looks more modern

• Like Like x 1
  15. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

When we were first forced to get the government-mandated thought monitoring implants, we had to get used to it. It won't be long and we will be used to having them temporarily black us out and use our bodies for unknown purposes too.

• Like Like x 2
  16. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

well that escalated quickly

17. Tom999

Tom999
    Expand Collapse

It's like facebook, ikea and youtube, had a threesome and this is what popped out.

The dumbing down of wording in the settings on my profile reminds my of when you changed "Alpha" to "chrominess" I had to check if chrominess was actually a real word because I never heard anyone use it before and if I did hear someone use it I would have slapped them. According to spellcheck it isn't a real word so I just... whatever...

This compared to the old forum, the one we know and love, just seems a bit hollow cold and comes across like a government website, without the charm.

Changes to the game, cool, changes to the forum, meh.

• Like Like x 1
  18. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

I loved the old version better, as everything was much neater and practically everything was much neater itself, whereas the new version is all over the place.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Volvo

Volvo
    Expand Collapse

People can never accept changes. It will take a while to get used to.

• Like Like x 2
  20. axistookmyname

axistookmyname
    Expand Collapse

(After this update) Now this is what I call 2015! Only thing is, attachments seem to be a little bit small :p

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice