1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Well if that bother you so much, go sleeping.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

Because you might identify as a swiffer wet jet or something.

I think some of the changes are ok, but the group deletion is kind of unnecessary. You could make getting a group harder to get by having to request one and get it approved then after 30 days if the group is not very active it gets deleted.

I have seen people following LOTS of people hoping they will get followed back so this "feature" could be removed.

I like the rest of the changes though. Glad to see you working on reworking the forums.

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

No, it bothers me that people treat my team like shit and thinking they are correct in doing so.

4. SwagMaster11

SwagMaster11
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure there is a lot of kids here, this game is a vehicle simulator/physics simulator. This isn't GTA V.

5. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

We are deleting empty, unused groups right now only.

6. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This forum has it so only 13+ yr old people can create an account

7. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

The only change I think is bad is the loss of our long signatures. They don't hurt anyone who doesn't want to see them, and they are a fun thing to have for the people who did like them. I can get used to using the user info tab for all the quotes I've collected, but it wouldn't be as good.

8. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Haven't treated your team like shit from what I can see.
    Seems like you're pretty tired that it.

9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

good that you remind, me forgot, will at to first post

10. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

the info tab feels way funner to me. idk. i just put some retarded ascii in there that took me like 30-50 mins that probably wouldve got squished in my signature. oh, and you can put images. the info box is honestly way better and underrated.

11. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

(sorry if I'm sounding like a teachers pet)

They did still put next to 6 years in this whole game, everyone should be happy that the game is still going on.

With all the hate, justified or not, its still slowing down the development, and as he said, somebody already quit the dev team. Who knows who will quit next.

Your words still have meanings people...

12. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

ah ok. Have you considered removing the "Follow" feature where you can follow other members? I have seen other people follow TONS of people just hoping to get their number of followers up.

Good work so far your right on whats going on! People on this thread alone are demonstrating it. GL

13. Iro

Iro
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

ill be honest, tdev has overreacted a bit
    >couldve left us with at least like
    >locked community screens
    but i mean seriously, its annoying that people are attacking tdev. but meh, i guess im just too nice.
    #respecttdevs

14. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that why listing your gender was optional, though?

Now I'm sort of worried I'll get called out for saying 'he' instead of 'she' when talking about someone, so I'll be vague and refer to everyone as 'they.'

15. Kcool_Turbo

Kcool_Turbo
    Expand Collapse

This may sound like a small thing and may just be a problem on my side, but I find that the search bar is a bit convoluted to use and only works sometimes or not completely. Other than that I think these changes will bring the forums up to scratch and hopefully encourage more people to engage in them.

16. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

I mean, I want to know what exactly you're planning to do about this

your reaction level is already "delete everything and never speak of it again"

you can't keep that up without a team of 24/7 moderators from north korea

is the goal to be club penguin, or whatever

making a 16+ age requirement for the forum just seems pointless if you can't let inter-member strife work itself out like it usually does in free and open environments who have not been trained to rely on moderators to fix their badfeels

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

It is very understandable. i see the things that are posted in this forum sometimes and the shit your team has to go through unbelievable.
    Honestly its sad because i feel like you guys arent being told enough that you are doing one hell of an amazing job.
    Like it or not, always having to read and deal with negative shit will take a toll on you.
    I love the work your team put into this game, and i hope you guys can keep this up for as long as you can.
    Changes arent always a bad thing and hopefully these changes will help things a bit.
    Keep up the great work! :D

18. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

There is still the competition of likes, which it seems was the main reason.

Look at the post that he quoted before the lock. When one person starts, everyone follows, so it would be better to simply stop it at the start.

(not blaming anyone)

19. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Good to see we are out of the darkness, bad to see the "poking the bear" still here.
    Maybe getting rid of harassment. But fixing a toxic community is like fixing a flat with duct tape, it will always leak and end up flat again, and so a community, maybe you can clear the toxic people, but someone else will turn toxic and so on.
    On that same topic, why do it in new year? Maybe to quiet down the noise knowing traffic is down? Doing things quietly causes drama. I feel like if you went straight ahead and created a thread saying all the things that where going to happen we like it or not would have caused a ton less drama than doign things quietly. Maybe if you created this thread before doing anything would have been less panic inducing than things happening like they did.

Internet is not a nice place. Kids think they are behind a bulletproof glass, they come and act like idiots all around, taking out the shit they cant do in real life in the internet, since they believe its not comming back to them. Thus acting in a toxic manner.

Also, on the other side, i heard a moderator quitted the job?
    Would it be too rude to ask what happened?

20. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

I'm quite surprised, you used the word "shit" more than my grandfather has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice