1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Forum changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyro Shepherd

Pyro Shepherd
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

85% Of changes are good. 15% of changes,I dont really agree with. I think the forums are getting better. We should have sort of a member watchlist. Like, Jimmy said screw off to Bobby. so lets monitor him. Oh no,Jimmy said f*** you to Bobby. Lets give him maybe a half day mute. He got un-muted,and was friendlier. Get my idea?

#881 Pyro Shepherd, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

in what parallel universe do people who get muted come back more friendly?

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Pyro Shepherd

Pyro Shepherd
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

example. it was an example.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

It all depends on whether or not the person actually learns their lesson. For some it is effective, others... not so much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

What if I tell you can have the biggest signature than on any other forum I remember?

6. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

For those who can't learn their lesson, ban is an option.

I'm actually favourably impressed by the tolerance of the Staff despite the pretty low maturity level of the userbase. On most other forums I can think of some offenders would have received a permanent ban by now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I’m not trying to start an argument, but are they really? With my understanding, profile posts and such have been removed due to immaturity and bad decisions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I think both of these are because the community has been, really immature. I wouldn't be surprised that that's why GD got shut down

9. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

General discussion was a mess that needed to be removed from the forums. If you wanted to talk about something completely unrelated, even tangentially, to the game, then all of Facebook, Reddit, any every other social media site is wide open for use.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about everything that was ever posted in that thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

It was still a good thread. If there was ever something I wanted to talk about, and it wasn't enough for a thread, the General Discussion was always there. Facebook and Reddit were the last things that were ever on my mind whenever I used it.

11. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

85 + 25 = 110 but that's just me being me.
    Any sort of tag is bad, a staff pick would cause elitism, a 5 year tag means nothing, etc. The current system is fine, simple but keeps the forum doing what it needs to; bug reports, mods, and help, not social media and flaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

On most forums you don't need to agree with the staff, but you should be respectful in how you present your disagreement. If a forum punishes members for respectfully presenting an opinion, then maybe that forum isn't worth being a part of to begin with. The key here though is respect. Insults and flaming are never a good idea. Instead it is better to use logic and reasoning.

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Okay now I don't do this often but I'm impressed that someone with 2 forum posts has this much common sense, hat tips off to you sir.

• Agree Agree x 12
  14. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

This thread has been rendered pointless by people arguing over things that dont effect anyone anymore. This thread should be locked, and anyone still is arguing about the changes should just learn to live with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You are given an opportunity to discuss the changes, but if you don't need it, then it's better to keep it locked permanently.

#894 Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice