Forza Horizon 4

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by welshtoast, Jun 10, 2018.

?

Do you like it?

1. Hyped AF!

70 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. It looks good.

42 vote(s)
    34.7%
  3. It's looks okay.

9 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Meh.

5 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. Looks Terrible.

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. I only own a PlayStation.

10 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. I hate Forza.

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thenevsova36

thenevsova36
    Expand Collapse

Licensed Skodas are older games (Colin McRae Rally 1, Rally Championship 2000, Rally Championship Extreme, Playstation WRC games, World Racing 2, Sega Rally, Tommi Mäkinen Rally, V-Rally).

Modern games have some problems with company license, that's why they are not in. Only with fake names (My Summer Car, ArmA series, Driving Simulator, ETS2, ...)

Without that problem I think that they could be in plenty of games, Skoda rally cars are one of the best and known all over the world I think.

(Fabia R5 is in the recent WRC series because they have complete WRC and WRC2 championship license.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So, time for stupid in-universe speculation and theories.

I'm trying to figure out who the Horizon player characters are.

I started with the assumption that the player character is the same person through the first three titles in the franchise. Starts out as a super-talented driver at Horizon Colorado i.e. Horizon 1, is probably employed by the festival in some capacity by the time of Horizon Riviera i.e. Horizon 2, and is the boss (though with mainly token authority or a fairly somewhat hands-off leadership style) by the time of Horizon Australia i.e. Horizon 3 (my likely-never-to-be-confirmed theory is that Horizon Riviera's inclusion of street races in official championships caused a massive public outcry, resulting in a sudden and probably enforced leadership shakeup within the Horizon Festival, during which the player character was hastily promoted all the way to the top just for looking like they weren't technically involved in the making of that decision). Furthermore, early in Horizon 3, the player character is referred to as "an old Horizon hand", which further implies that they may be the same PC from 1 and 2. The PC is portrayed as a male in 1 and probably 2, but can be male or female in 3, so it's possible that the player models in the first two were placeholders, much like the PC from NFS Most Wanted/Carbon whose face is never seen unpixelated in game.

The problem with all of this is that, in FH2, I seem to remember that Ben tells you, after you win the first championship, that he was the last one who won their first championship, which implies you aren't already a superstar coming into Horizon Riviera... unless Horizon Colorado doesn't actually count due to being one big championship composed of many disparate single exhibitions. This could almost imply that Ben is the PC from Horizon 1, though the PC from Horizon 2 and 3 may still be the same person, however there are still issues with this as Ben doesn't exactly sound American, and even if he traveled to attend Horizon Colorado, he starter car in that game is a Volkswagen Corrado VR6, which seems like a very appropriate choice for a car enthusiast from Colorado, but maybe not so much for someone on a fly-then-drive vacation (of course, if it was him, he probably did buy his car in Colorado, so who knows), and I do vaguely seem to remember that it's a USDM model, so it's unlikely that he brought it with him.

However, the PC from 4 is not the same as from the previous three titles, despite having the same (and lackluster) selection of player models as in Horizon 3. It's explicitly stated that the old boss from Australia isn't attending Horizon UK.

Into this situation comes Rebecca (which I probably misspelled), and old champion. She can't be the PC from Horizon 3, since they're not attending the new festival, and so is unlikely to be the PC from 1 and 2 either (as I'm going to assume that, unless the PC is the same person through the first three titles, then the PCs and thus champions from 1 and 2 are canonically male). Now, in Horizon 1, I seem to recall that Darius Flynt is the defending champion coming into the game, so, assuming a new festival site is established every two years, the last time Rebecca could have won was in 2008, wherever that was... but she really doesn't look that old to me.

So, who are the player characters of Forza Horizon, and who is Rebecca really? A PC from Horizon 1 or 2 by retcon? A walking piece of negative continuity? A child prodigy? Proof that there are other Horizon festivals that never get portrayed?
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly, the lack of motorways is annoying too from my perspective. Like I said before in another thread, I can't recommend it for moral reasons, but I have played Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3, and ability to do the same type of racing online is still one of the main things I judge modern racing games on. Unfortunately, many fall short. Some use a lobby system and/or physics engine which is not conducive to impromptu battles, others (like Forza Horizon games) just have a single, fairly short freeway section which is not fully loopable because it converts back to a surface street at one or both ends. All Horizons have been like that to one degree or another; 2's had the lanes separated better than 1's and was probably longer, but was still completely non-loopable, 3's was longer and had a roundabout at one end to double its effective maximum section length (if you can include a roundabout as part of the freeway's raceable length) but was corrupted by many at-grade intersections, 4's once again has a roundabout at only one end and also appears to be shorter (though may also be missing the at-grade intersections).

The lack of good pass racing roads is pretty much SOP at this point. Back in Horizon 3, it's not that there weren't any paved technical roads, it's just that there were so few of them, and they were of such poor quality, that they might as well have not been there except from the perspective of "drift zones". The people who ran mountain pass races ended up having to string multiple roads together, sometimes in loops, in order to get interesting battle routes. Forza Horizon 2 may have been marginally better in theory but the result was still the same as far as combining the roads went. FH4 looks a little better, but pass racers will likely have to fall back on combining roads once again. There hasn't been a really good paved technical road in the franchise since Red Rock in Horizon 1, and even that was a little short, maybe a little wide, maybe not quite technical enough.

Now watch them go to Japan for Horizon 5 and still manage to mess both of these things up.

I guess that's Horizon for you. A little slice of everything, but not enough of anything to really enjoy.

Also, I think a possible sign that someone may be a cringey clickbaiter is when they abandon a game the instant its successor comes out, even if the old one is still fully functional and active.

#142 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Forza Horizon 4 is crashing at the Loading Screen!

4. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

If they actually do Japan for Horizon 5, that is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

tbh Forza going to Japan will be a f*ck up for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Dubai would be better! :)

7. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I prefer they do America again (and a more interesting area of the country).

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Dubai is wonderful for Forza

9. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

While I am not the biggest fan of Forza, there are 3 types that fit Horizon:
    -Somewhere in Europe
    -Somewhere in North America
    -South Africa

Could be controversial with the human rights in that country tho. Walk around as a woman without a headscarf and get gang raped and exexuted afterwards..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Europa would be also cool..Like Rom..Or Belgian...

11. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Afghanistan was like that as well thanks to the Taliban. Doubt Forza would do that country either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. EnjoyMyHItsYT

EnjoyMyHItsYT
    Expand Collapse

Can i also get likes or imformatives? :D

13. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

Countries with Sharia law in general..

14. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

I also doubt they'll do certain African countries, considering that it's kinda barren. Also because of adding the poverty areas might provoke some people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. veyasan.ragulan

veyasan.ragulan
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone just watching AR12's "Let's Play" on Horizon 4 before the full game releases?

16. QUANTUM0

QUANTUM0
    Expand Collapse

Yep me. I’m also watching a load of other youtubers play it

17. welshtoast

welshtoast
    Expand Collapse

Not really related to FH4 but I just restarted FH3. At the point of reaching Surfers Paradise it gave me my Forzathon rewards.

Previous (Left) - After (Right)
    Level 3 - Level 65
    53.000 - 3.167.000
    3 Cars - 37 Cars
    0 Wheelspins - Dozens of Wheelspins

After Wheelspins:
    3.167.000 - 6.330.000
    37 Cars - 58 Cars

#157 welshtoast, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

Meh. The geography might be okay, but FH1 and FH3 has similar settings as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

they removed the 13 ram runner

not buying

20. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

just updating my Xbox now to play the game.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice