1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

FPS question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Cwazywazy, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Okay, so first off here are my CPU and GPU:
    AMD A8-3850 overclocked to 5.4GHz (Water cooled of course)
    EVGA GTX 650TI superclocked (overclocked of course)

So, when I press J I get about 30-40 more FPS (the fps isn't bad at all most of the time, usually 50+ fps on med settings and full res) and my gpu shows normally like 50% load. Meaning my CPU is the bottleneck, right? But why is it that increasing my CPU speed from 4.2 to 5.4 show almost no difference? Is it because I'm overclocking it higher with the multiplier and not the bus speed? (Bus speed seems to max at 115mhz, stock is 100. stock multiplier is 29, I have it set at 47)

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to try later when I'm on my computer. I opened up the GPU usage graph and drove around in the d15 around the grid map.

3. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

Try to overclock your RAM clockspeeds, going from 1333 to 1866mhz gave me about 20% more fps back in RoR.
    It might help in BeamNG too.

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that'd help as it is 1600 stock. (Overclocked to about 1800)

5. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Your CPU just isn't that great. It is a fantastic budget CPU but it's not one that's going to get you mad FPS on a physics simulation. No amount of OCing is going to change that.

6. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

So, yeah, I kinda realized that because my GPU is maxing at 60% usage that I could set the video settings higher. I didn't think my computer was capable at running Drive at maximum settings.. (Didn't even lose any FPS!!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice