1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Free Camera will not retain user adjusted FOV angle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by B3_Burner, Aug 7, 2020.

1. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

After the new v0.20 update the default FOV angle for the free camera has gone from 65° to 60° (zoomed in by 5° more).
    Edit:
    This is incorrect. Default "Free Camera" when hitting the reset button (Number Pad 5), is still FOV= 65°.
    But when switching out of free cam, to another cam, and back into free cam, it will snap to FOV= 60°, regardless of what FOV angle I had set it to (wanted it at).

Lets say I press Shift + C to enter free camera, and want to tighten my zoom from FOV= 65° to FOV= 45°. I typically like to use that FOV angle all session long-- unless I'm going for a cinematic camera view.

Then if after making my FOV angle adjustment, if I change camera views-- and then come back into free camera-- my FOV angle snaps back to an FOV of 60°, and doesn't retain my previous adjustment.

Before the update, it would retain my FOV change, through a single session, if I changed camera views and then came back in.

I believe the only thing that reverted the free camera FOV angle back to the default FOV= 65°, was turning off the game, switching cars, switching maps... usually anything that interrupted or exited the session.

I have disabled mods, cleared cache, verified game integrity, opened the game in Safe Mode; and it still happens. If this is a bug, is there a way you can fix it please? Thank you.

Note:
    Snap back to default FOV angle after an "in-session reset" has normally ONLY been an issue, with:
    Key #3 hood camera &
    Key #5 relative camera. [only after pressing Insert, Home or R, after a collision to reset].

Key #1 orbit &
    Key #2 driver-- [has always kept the user changes and saved them-- via the settings in the left hand column menu via-- "Esc / Options / Camera / Orbit... Driver" ].

Key #4 external
    Key #6 chase, and
    Key #7 view down-- [has always had its own frozen settings that you could never change... and that's still the case, so normal, no changes, no concerns there].

NEW ADDITION:
    I have now decided to throw caution to the wind, and just uninstall and reinstall the whole game on Steam all over again. I will let you know if I see any improvements whatsoever.

#1 B3_Burner, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

In follow up to my above amendments -- noted in red & blue text above -- I can confirm that I still have the same FOV snap back issue with the Free Camera to FOV= 60°.
    Even after:
    1. Utilizing Safe Mode
    2. Uninstalling the whole game off of Steam, and reinstalling it fresh.

Note my error correction at the top of my first post. The snap back error goes to FOV= 60°, but the reset value [Number Pad, key #5] still defaults to FOV= 65°, as it always has, since before this latest update. What I said in my initial post was wrong.

I can also confirm that I was not able to replicate this problem when going in, out, and back into any other camera view, except the Free Camera (Shift + C). What 'Sebas-Kitty' experienced with the interior (driver) camera (as he mentioned in his own thread), I could not replicate, so apparently that's a situation unique to him.

#2 B3_Burner, Aug 8, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  3. seanzilla

seanzilla
    Expand Collapse

Its affected me too and still havent nailed it down either...

4. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I have since learned to just get used to it, and I just instinctually move my FOV back down to 45° where I like it. One small note, if I didn't point it out up above already:
    If you start from scratch, the detached camera FOV default is 65°. Only if you change it and then go back to it later does it default to 60°. I don't know why the 5° difference, but that's what I've noticed thus far. Maybe they'll fix this in v0.21, but we shall see.

5. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

I’ve just come back after a few months, and I too am finding this to be an issue, adjusting my FOV at all in any view just restores it to my default 69.3 degrees

6. B3_Burner

B3_Burner
    Expand Collapse

69.3. Such an odd, non-round number that is! Okay, so despite our numbers being different, I see I'm not the only one. Thanks for your reply

7. Mr_StickShift

Mr_StickShift
    Expand Collapse

It's just due to the size of screen I use and the resolution, I like to have quite a wide angle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice