1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Fresh install lacks features

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bs89, Jan 26, 2021.

1. bs89

bs89
    Expand Collapse

Hello all. BeamNG is a wonderful world ... I'm hooked. Unfortunately, parallel game installations on my computer and my friend's computer have yielded different game features.

I did a clean install as detailed here but still I have no Bluebuck, no Italy, no traffic AI, nor several other features, despite being a recent install of the current version! My menu does not have an option for traffic density either. It is as if an old version is being installed. What could be causing different results?

2. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

Where did you purchase and download the game from? Sounds like you might not have the latest version.

3. bs89

bs89
    Expand Collapse

Steam. Identically sourced for me & my friend's install
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh my. I may have figured it out. Looks like Steam had BeamNG set to a Beta version by default. It is currently downloading an update!

https://wiki.beamng.com/Updating_the_game

Steam also randomly sets gamepad controller joystick deadzones ... very odd.

4. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

Right click on the game in your Library, go to Properties, then Betas tab, and make sure you have "None" selected in the dropdown, then go to Updates tab, and make sure that you have "Always keep this game updated".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bs89

bs89
    Expand Collapse

Correct - thank you. Now the installations match!

The Downhill Rally scenario is different now however. Also, Canyon Jump is missing; it has been mentioned on BeamNG reddit from 3 years ago. How can I get it back? It is not listed under the repo / mods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice