Funny moments!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Nickorator, Feb 24, 2014.

1. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

A lego brick, nah you don't know the half of it.
    Move to the UK, you have to deal with these babies:
    2vchyay.jpg
    Those things fucking murder your feet.

2. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

was shooting down the highway at around 50mph and didnt realize how close the turnoff was. slammed on the brakes while jerking the wheel to the right. almost ran directly into this big, shiny F350... if you looked up terror in the dictionary you would find my and the drivers face. thank god i was in car with a low center of mass

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Had one of my brightest moments ever yesterday morning. Got in car to drive the 35 miles to uni as I do every monday morning (tuesday and friday too). Found the car seemed to be rather sluggish until the odd random occasion when driving at speed (when it eventually gets there, on my wristwatch stopwatch function I recorded 24 seconds to get to 60mph from 30) at which point it literally felt like the brakes had been on and had suddenly been released and the car would return to normal, it would stay that way for awhile before randomly switching back. I eventually decyphered about 10 miles out from uni that the problem starts whenever I brake heavily. Get out of the car at uni, touch the rear brake drums and they feel to be the same temperature as the cars bodywork, normal. Go to put hand near the front disk, about 2 feet away from the wheel could feel the heat radiating from it, touched the hubcap and it was warm. Normal people would figure at this point that touching the brake disk itself would be a bad idea, appears I am not a normal person and I found myself standing at the sink in the bar toilets running my hand under the cold tap for a few minutes.

4. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

I had been mowing in 110°F weather. I accidentally bumped the height adjustment knob causing the mower to lower a lot. So naturally I shut it off and go over to adjust the height of the front wheel. I couldn't get good enough leverage so I grabbed the opposite side of the mower. I grasped(and I mean like grasped really hard) my entire hand around the muffler. Needless to say I was running my hand under cold water for 40 minutes. It was bad.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

One time I was backing up the truck with the jet ski trailer hitched on the back. I rammed the back of the trailer into a mud bank that I though the trailer would go up. Turns out the back of the trailer hit the bank before the wheels.:rolleyes: No damage done though.

6. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

When I got my first bike at age 4, even with training wheels, I managed to fall off of a curb and skin the ENTIRE BOTTOM OF MY LEG. It took me FIVE minutes of riding to do this.

For reference that I am not a wuss, I now enjoy bike riding, and I can ride no-handed without a problem (my personal record was twice around my hilly-ish neighborhood, which is about 1-1.5 miles). Also, for some reason, that experience did not stop me from riding that bike as soon as the skin was healed.

7. NkosiKarbul

NkosiKarbul
    Expand Collapse

I can do same distance sitting backwards on my handlebars, pedaling backwards, arms crossed on my chest. XD
    To come to the Funny moments, when you fail in that position, because you steer to much with ur arse or obviously dont see a bump you ride over, you will instantly have the bike flip over the front as all your weight is on the handlebars. Got me quite some backwards somersaults on the ground that way. :p
    But hey you dont learn if you dont fall.
    Also i could ride that distance without pedaling once or touch the ground, by pumping a kind of slalom line, but you would need a bmx for that and if you overdo it you will get thrown off like on a highside crash. -.-
    If you want to learn more tricks you can do on mtb too, look for oldschool bmx tricks like surfing, sitting on handlebars or ... allways forget the name... this on handlebars.
    clearlever.jpg
    Looks way harder than it is and if you fall from bike you will most likely do a front somersault, unless you are clumsy enough to eat the ground. :p

Edit: well ok i just see the guy in the pic uses his biceps to keep his legs and body up, if you lock your ellbows in the hip all you need is balance, not much force.
    Edit2: Once i rebuild an old bmx by switching the backwheel and pedals(crank) backwards, do have the chainwheel on the other side and the bike accelerating backwards while you pedal backwards.
    Then i did ride fakie(backwards) while sitting down pedaling over the local supermarket parkinlot, people got their minds blown. XD
    While really all you have to learn is to steer the handlebars mirrored to your normal reflexes, steer the bike like a forklift and you can ride fakie.

#107 NkosiKarbul, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  8. Doyle524

Doyle524
    Expand Collapse

I'm a bit of a speed demon on the roads, even though I have a 4-cyl '99 Camry. I've gotten it up over 95 on the highway, but I LOVE flying down unfamiliar back roads. So I was cruising around, 35 miles or so from home with nothing to do, doing a good 75 or so out in the boonies, nobody else around or anything. The roads are hilly and curvy, so I'm having a ton of fun. I come over a hill, and right in front of me is this paving crew, apparently inspecting the newly paved road I'm driving on. They're doing about 5 mph, so I have little time to react. I slam on the brakes, lock all 4 wheels up, and turn towards the left-hand ditch. The car spins like I want it to, and somehow I keep it mostly on the road. Burning rubber fills the air, so I get out and check the tires. All 4 are up, so I get back in, back up from the edge of the road, and go about my way. As I pass the road crew, they're all laughing and giving me a thumbs up. So that was fun.

Not really stupid, but late one night (like 1 am) me and my buddies were bored, so I took them out to a huge parking lot (at a large church) and showed them how I snow drift (unfortunately I have to use the handbrake since my car is a FWD 4-cyl). I drifted through the entire lot, including the narrow access roads connecting the various lots. My buddies were afraid for their lives at a few points, but I was in control and knew what i was doing. I burned off some serious rubber, but it was super fun.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Went into one of the group study rooms at the library with some mates at uni as you do, we were intending to work on our group project, that did not happen....

Someone before us had left "call shauna for a bj" written on the whiteboard. We decided to put one of my mates phone numbers next to it.

This was on monday, spoke to the same mate today and we had a bit of a catchup asking each other whats happened recently etc. He tried to tell me a funny story about how he got a really weird phone call on monday evening from someone looking for a girl named shauna....

10. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if I posted this here before, but anyway:

After my mom crashed her minivan into a Santa Fe (Crappy brakes + heavy minivan + crappy tires = boom boom) so we were looking for a new car and we were inside a Nissan dealership. I got into a Maxima and when I saw that it had a push-start button. I just had to press it. Apparently when they take cars into the showroom they leave the keys in the cupholder. I don't think anyone noticed, other than my parents.

Years ago when I was like 7 the police brought one of those trailers that tells you how fast you're going because there's a steep hill next to my house and everyone goes too fast down it. We all decided to see how fast we could go on our bikes. I think the record was like 21 or 31 MPH but after that my idiot brother (Like 6 at the time) went into a bunch of sand on the side of the road from winter and skidded his face on the pavement. He went to the emergency room in an ambulance. He got a concussion and messed up his lip area pretty bad.

11. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

There used to be a sign fitted in my town which did the same thing, police got rid of it because it had the exact opposite effect from what they wanted. Rather than people going "oh no I am doing 31 in a 30 zone", people used to see what the highest score they could get was... Someone was caught at 85mph... I may disregard speed limits myself, but this is a road which regularly has people walking in and out of town including school kids and it has a junction where people aren't going to expect traffic to be coming at 85 mph so they will probably see you in the distance and pull out, I wouldn't do it and thats saying something...

12. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well, when I was 5 (oh, the times), I had a rainbow spray painted bike with plastic 12" rims and foam tires, and I had a driveway with about 30 degree slope. Mkay. So, I took off, maybe going about 15 mph, maybe, and I locked the rear brake up to get into a quasi-slide. Well, a millisecond later, I remembered, "This has foam tires on it, you idiot. Have fun!", and then I blinked. Then, I open my eyes and my head was throbbing. A knot the size of an egg was on the right side of my head. Even now my skull is raised a little there. On other words, yesterday I was at Starbucks, (I know I am blond, don't tell me), and I ordered a Grande Java Chip Frappuccino, and when the barista handed it to me, the whipped cream was poking out of the top, lid halfway on, and no chocolate syrup drizzle. So I ask, "Where's the drizzle?" And she looks at me like, bernard-pitbull.jpg and she puts it on, a little, and then I grab a straw and get in the car and drive off with my dad, but then I also remember" The lid's on halfway, you idiot!" in the middle of a speed bump. $4.75 wasted on something I needed.

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Well, I was going to do the alien surgery on Surgeon Simulator 2013, this was the result:
    r4knH0y.jpg

14. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Hot diggity damn. Didn't even make it past the code.

15. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of bikes, me and this dude that lives up the hill play this game with our bikes where someone. Well. I gotta lay out the scene here: My house is on a corner. The basement if my house has a garage door, and a little driveway that connects to the road. This road is a normal, not busy, flat, neighborhood road. So we play this game, where someone gets going pretty fast down the road, and one person sits in the driveway, and pulls out in front of you like they didn't see you, and the person going down the road has to try and not hit the person that just pulled out in front of them. It's really a tire and brake killer but whatever. So I got pretty going pretty fast down the road, and when I'm about 20 feet away from the driveway, he starts to roll out. I put on my brakes, but not very hard, just enough to slow down enough so that if he decides to pull out, I can go behind him. So he goes out, but he just stops right there, across my side of the road, ruining my plan. Once I see this I asses the situation: I could either swerve and try and go in front of his bike, but I might not have enough room, and it'd be bad for both of us if I hit the front of his bike. Or I could try to hop the curb into the grass, but I may just hit it, not go over it and fall. So I decide to just fully apply my front brake, and put my rear brake on as much as I can without skidding. My front disk squealed, but it couldn't bring me to a stop. I rammed into his rear wheel at about 5 mph. I saw the spokes flex. No one fell, but my poor tires :(.

#115 Potato, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  16. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Consider this thread is primarily collosal fails, lets throw one in from the Turkish government. Their as you may have seen on the news have decided to block twitter.com, their method of doing so? Remove it from the national DNS. Those that know what DNS is can immediately see why this is such a fail, yeah twitter.com may no longer work when typed into a web browser but the IP address that twitter.com corresponds to (I'm recording 199.16.156.230 here) still works 100% perfectly and those who have quite logically overridden their DNS with a 3rd party service such as googles (available on 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are entirely unaffected. Congratulations turkey.

Those that don't know what DNS is. Best analogy I can think of is a phone and its contacts list. Every phone has a phone number, every computer on the internet has an IP address. If I want to call John Smith I know that I can call his number which might be 01480123456 (anyone wondering, that number is actually for a pub about 10 miles north of here, I just threw 123456 onto the end of my usual telephone area code and never really thought about the fact that it is a valid number still :p Might well be a dude called john smith there, I have no idea :p). Normally though I would open the contacts on my phone and just tap John Smith and it will check what the phone number for John Smith is and ring 01480123456 for me. A web browser on a computer doesnt actually know how to handle "twitter.com" and uses a system called DNS as a contacts list to convert twitter.com into an IP address that it can understand, your modem/router when it comes from whichever service provider usually has an IP address for their own DNS preprogrammed (yeah, bizarrely in order for us to "phone" twitter.com we have to "phone" the DNS first with a known number, its a setup that works at least) but you can over-ride this number yourself or simply type the IP address into the web browser directly to bypass the entire system. All turkey have done is remove twitter.com from the countries phonebooks, congratulations.

So if you want another analogy that can kinda turn into a funny moment. You might have a friend called kevin, go upto kevin, nick his phone, delete the contact for his mum, return the phone and then start making fun of him because he can't call his mum anymore. He can, he can just type her phone number in directly instead, you have entirely failed and so has the turkish government.

- - - Updated - - -

If I am somewhat depressed at any time I find that to go for a drive is a reasonable coping mechanism. On wednesday I was friend zoned by someone I care about a lot, on Thursday I decided it was long drive time. Got home, mum started stressing out about where I'd been (apparently at 19 I absolutely cannot leave the house without her knowing where I'll be or something), she was not amused by my answer:
    "Just sold thirty seven pounds of crystal method to the owner of a reputable fast food chain for a million dollars "
    Was not impressed...

17. Doyle524

Doyle524
    Expand Collapse

She woulda got at least 2 mil out of the dude. Lol

I agree though, driving is probably my favorite thing to do when I'm a bit down. Good choice. Sucks about getting friendzoned, I been there too.

Also a huge LOL at Turkey. What a technologically impaired government!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Really wasnt that good a choice in the end, got stuck behind a tractor for 1 part of it along roads where overtaking just isnt worth the risk as perfectly demonstrated by the second thing along my route which made it a bad choice, the pile of flowers and other stuff left in memory of a man who had a fatal accident on the 13th.
    I think everyone gets friendzoned at some point during their lives, you win some, you lose some.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-26713450

This is the farm next to ours. If we want to walk to the nearest town we have to cross it, sure enough my brother walked home from town the other day and when he got back claimed to have been chased by a pheasant.
    Apparently birds are terrorists now.

20. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Seems like what needed to be done... Don't see the problem :3

Dude, I can't even get past kidney transplant. and it took me nearly 5 months before I finally completed the heart transplant XD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice