1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Game is Broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Ty2525, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

The game runs great (80+ fps) but the game engine is all sorts of F***ed...
    The speedometer and the main menu in game and any other apps runs like not good. Like I could drive around for an hr and the speedometer would still read 0, sometimes it works, like if I only have 1 car it is only off by a few seconds. But if I have 2 oh no the game freaks out and nothing works. Other than the car select or anything like that, its only the apps that seem to be affected. I got the message about the repository thing other than that nothing has changed. the game version is like 11.0.0.514 or something a long those lines, its not the newest but if I wanted to update the game 6 times a day then I would...Anyway I cleared the cache deleted epic games folder that somehow managed to sneak its way into the beamng drive folder and restarted my computer that has been running for like 3 days straight with no improvements.
    I added a video to describe my problem, sorry for it lagging, the bit rate was too high and I didn't relies it till I was uploading the video. I had to get some network stuff figured out for 2 of my networks so I didn't want to have to restart and waste time. Also sorry for it starting on my desktop the game won't let me use Alt+f9 in game to start the recording. However it does show my problem very well; at first the truck does what it does and everything is good, however it didn't last. After spawning the 2nd you can see how everything (except game) starts lagging..including video, my apologies...Anyway as you can see in the top left corner evga precision shows fps, the game itself isn't lagging as such the video and speedometer make it look. Any advice is helpful. Except telling me to buy a new cpu..for one I already ordered one on amazon and 2, as you can clearly see in the left corner the game is not lagging, not pretty at 43fps but it works.

Attached Files:

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If disabling mods and clean reinstall is not helping, then some data needs to be gathered, that is why I keep recommending this https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php logging with that makes it quite easy to see what is going on.

UI lags usually because of the CPU, I know you didn't want to hear this, but it can very well be that there is something else causing load on CPU that there should not be or from some reason CPU is throttling. Is ingame fps counter (ctrl-f) in agreement with EVGA tool? Fraps is nice as it updates faster, so if you get unstable fps where fps drops down and gets up fast, you can notice that.

Your video goes to less than 5fps, game should not really bring your CPU down so that it affects video recording, if there would be thermal throttling, then that could fit to symptoms, but it is quite useless to guess without data.

Latest game version is 11.0.4 and that has been since December 20th, it is not updating too often really and it would remove some problem possibilities to have a latest version, as you need to do clean reinstall anyway you should get newest version automatically.

Hopefully issue can be solved so you can enjoy BeamNG!

4. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

I can check the video again I didn't see 5fps, I assume its when I first go into the game, as the game requires significantly more power than the desktop. I can go get fraps real quick to try again. This is a new thing and though my cpu does thermal throttle due to a defect in its ability to transfer heat in the correct manner I do very much believe my cpu is not causing the issue, though it doesn't help for sure. About the trees I assumed thats the way the new grid map was but it could be that I did some map editing though I thought I did that on an older version before I updated it but who knows. I am getting a new cpu, its at the post office as we speak, sadly my motherboard for said cpu will not be here till Wednesday because amazon lied about when it would be in stock, I ordered it a week ago...I will try to reinstall it, I really didn't want to but its only like 10gb so it won't take long. For the fps drops as I said its the video's bitrate that caused the video lag however I can try to fix that and show you guys again on a copy of the game and I generally don't have drops unless windows tries to help by doing a virus scan or whatever it does. My new cpu will be complete overkill for most of what I do and is multiple times better than my current cpu, so it will be very clear weather its the games fault or my cpu's fault. I was not trying to prevent you guys from telling me its my cpu, I wanted to make sure you guys took everything into account, when you talk about lag in beamng drive the first thing you think of is the cpu.

#4 Ty2525, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Your game had more FPS according to your FPS counter, however my fraps shows video FPS too and as your video recording did slow down, video got recorded as 5fps or even less, so on video only frame here and there got captured while you probably had much more fps on game.

Probably it will get better with new mobo and CPU if reinstalling is not helping.

To me that does appear like what thermal throttling could cause, but it is always hard to guess without numbers.

6. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Yes the cpu is a problem but at the moment I don't think its the problem. The reason why I used evga precision to show fps was to make sure you guys understood the lag wasn't the normal lag you experience in beamng drive say if your cpu isn't up to the task but more of something with the games engine is going slow. I didn't think it through but I had that video record on the same hard drive with windows and beamng drive so at the 4k bit rate at 1080p the drive was going far from ham. I put beamng drive on a seperate drive and will record video on another drive that isn't used by windows. The version 2 of the video will use fraps and will have a lower bitrate to improve the frame rate in both beamng drive and the video. At the moment I have a clean version of beamng drive so I will get fraps and see if the issue persists.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, clearly not normal, you had fps good at the beginning, UI was fine as well as video's FPS, but soon it started to slow down, I could see UI getting laggy first, then video started to lag.

Once there was a bug which caused UI to lag, but it was fixed, same kind of UI lag tends to happen for me if I put too many vehicles in, however that usually brings my FPS down and that is interesting part in your case, how FPS stays still normal if CPU would bog down, that part is bit of mystery. Hopefully there is easy solution.

8. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Yes I was going to add another video because the problem is still here but fraps locks at 30fps when I start recording even though it records at 60fps and even after I went through all of the settings it still lagged. I have no idea why the videos lagging I used to be able to record at 4k and a high bitrate but at this point I have no idea. I dropped the video quiality down to 720p and very low bitrate and its lagging more. I will just try 4k again and see if it works.

9. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I believe fraps only locks to 30fps if you use fraps to record video, you could use NVIDIA tool you used before to record video, but have fraps running if you wish to record what fraps show.

I'm using OBS Studio to record videos, but that is mainly because I have intel cpu, so I can use quick sync to get only 5fps drop during recording.

Do you use nvenc ? I think that is doing some of the processing on gpu and is provide only small fps hit, like quick sync, maybe that is default in Nvidia recording software?

10. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

Rebuild your pc

11. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

I use shadow play, it seems to work the best and with the current hardware it was the best choice, I will buy another drive and record video on it for now on. I got m y cpu today but the motherboard wont be here till Wednesday so I will have to wait till then to test it out.
    --- Post updated ---
    There it is, rebuild my pc. I thought I have seen everything. What do you think rebuilding my pc is going to do? I am replacing the cpu so why bring it up? One day the game works the next day it runs like crap, weather or not its my hardware I don't think rebuilding it is going to change anything, why I bought a new cpu, so I could fix the problem.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Did you get issue solved?

13. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Sadly the company sent the wrong mobo that doesn't support the cpu I am getting, instead of just getting a supporting mb I am just getting a new cpu after I return mine.

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Bummer, hopefully it turns out better at the end!

15. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

Tell me about it, took me 3 days to figure it out and my computer was down for that time.

16. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

maybe theres something wrong with the CPU

17. Ty2525

Ty2525
    Expand Collapse

I do cpu intensive tasks everyday, usually all day and night. I don't think my cpu would only show issues in one program. The computer has been running for the last week straight, no crashes and no error logs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice