WIP Beta released Garfield Heights 0.741

A custom suburban map.

1. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Any PilotRedSun-like video gets liked by me.

He is working in it, i think.

2. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Dont rush an artist

3. domguns47

domguns47
    Expand Collapse

im not its just that this map is soooo good

4. Hazzacraft2240

Hazzacraft2240
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait till this map is updated again! Already flawless even in its early stages!

5. flexbodys r #1

flexbodys r #1
    Expand Collapse

I would just love to say that I LOVE this map even though it isn't even complete! Perfect for police pursuits, intersection crashes, and roleplaying school bus routes! :D Some constructive criticisms I have is, 1.It looks a bit too clean, too peaceful. It'd be nice to see a ghetto suburb that has boarded up buildings, axle breaking potholes, gutter/sidewalk debris and maybe bone shaking abandoned railroad crossings (should you choose to add train tracks) that you might jump if driving too fast. 2.Keeping in mind that this map is perfect for police pursuits, it'd be amazing if there were a dramatic speed trap zone, like a billboard or object to hide your patrol vehicle and a couple of speed limit signs that go from 35-45mph to a (school zone?) 15-25mph. Or have an emergency u-turn spot for the highway patrol near the town's freeway exit. I can't wait to see how this map grows and improves! :D

6. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Good ideas. But i think the map is a bit to small for train tracks.

7. Nikogames

Nikogames
    Expand Collapse

Very well made map, can't wait for an update but great job on it!

8. flexbodys r #1

flexbodys r #1
    Expand Collapse

Very true, but even if it is too small for functionality. A simple line of rusted rails, ties and maybe a railcar or two with severe tree or grass overgrowth, would still look amazing! (In my opinion, abandoned railroads and crossings can make any map look great.) And even if there wasn't any room for said line, even just so much as a road with something like this would add character and history.

9. BlehBlah

BlehBlah
    Expand Collapse

I think there should be some old and modern areas, like in the modern area you could put a off the ground train track, and business and industrial and high-rise buildings, in the old area you could have a windy, hilly road, city park, suburban area and schools. Also, I think the map should be a small bit bigger. Also, you should put some historical mansions in the old area. BTW the windy road was an idea to copy a road called 21 Curves, also known as Death something (I forgot) in Charlottesville, VA. Also include a collage that looks kind of like UNCW (University of North Carolina Wilmington) in the old area. There should also be a getto 80's-90's area with things like old, about to fall apart apartments, and lots of convenience stores. Ask me if you want me to name more ideas (joke).

10. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

This map is only gonna be a suburban area, highrise wouldnt fit. The idea of a new and old part are good but i think that he somewhere said he was going to do something like that.

11. OrangePotato

OrangePotato
    Expand Collapse

When will the next update be? This map is one of the best maps in the game

12. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

When it's ready.

13. jarnomodderkolk

jarnomodderkolk
    Expand Collapse

The map crashes for me after loading, what could the problem be? tried to reinstal but that did not work either. i dont think it is my computer, its pretty beefy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Clearing cache is always good to try.

However what is your default car? If it has Dual Clutch Transmission, it could cause some problems when loading a map.

15. jarnomodderkolk

jarnomodderkolk
    Expand Collapse

for some reason my game doesnt spawn a default car, i spawn in freecam (on all maps). i will try clearing cash and check my default car
    --- Post updated ---
    i installed it again and not it works! i suppose it was another mod that was conflicting with it. thanks for the help anyway

16. universetwisters

universetwisters
    Expand Collapse

I hope the OP is still working on this because I sent him a message about some assets I made for an old project that could fit perfectly in this map such as this house

Attached Files:

• technical.jpg
    #196 universetwisters, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it crashes my game since the update too

18. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

works fine for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

They're sending out a hotfix sometime 'today' (could also be in a day or two), to fix the map spawning bug, that includes my map's update/current repo versions, and many other maps, crashing the spawn.lua (check your console).
    This is as-per the devs.
    Also, @Occam's Razer , do check your house's porch textures, the concrete isn't coming through since the update (at-least on my map it's not, I'll see to fixing that myself).

20. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

To get this map to run now I have to put the Lighting Quality on "Lowest", prior to the update it was on "Normal"

Ugh fml

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice