freeway for next update ? :p

2. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Or ACTUAL street names.

3. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

The freeway/business district/apartments area will wait until last, actually. The next update will probably focus more on Viaduct Town.

Well, the streets do have names, they're just exclusively seen in the AI path files/debug. Street signs or mailboxes with the names on them could be added, but we'll have to get larger details out of the way first.

In any case, it'll be some time. Right now I'm just making rounds of my various unfinished/half-finished/finished-but-not-very-good projects (Pembroke) and with Garfield Heights having just gotten an update, it falls a bit low on the totem pole. I'll likely resume work on it before the year's out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

5. Diggit_nz

Diggit_nz
    Expand Collapse

I don't know about you but I think Halloween decorations are a waste of time. I really like your map so far and I think you should work on the map by concentrating on the important stuff. I don't know though, it's your map :)

6. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, A. the decorations are only going to come after some more important things are tackled, most especially expanding the map far more than presently. And, B. They won't be overbearing. This is more 'two weeks before Halloween' than 'night of Halloween,' so it'll be more pumpkins and the odd orange light strand than strobes, fog machines, faux cobwebs, tombstones, skeletons, etc. There's something to be said for a theme map, but that is not this one.

But there may be a jack-o-lantern or two.

7. Vinh

Vinh
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

May i suggest a scrap yard with wrecked cars as props?

8. DankMemeBunny

DankMemeBunny
    Expand Collapse

The land of GRID
    screenshot_00502.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

For Christmas, I think you should make a separate GH map that's snow-covered, and most houses should have Christmas lights up, and everything else Christmas-y.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I'd be lying if I were to say that this hadn't crossed my mind. Christmas is the other big holiday that shows itself off quite a bit in the 'burbs as decorations are concerned, I just chose Halloween as it's a little more communal a holiday, has that fun element of foreboding, and the pretty autumn palette is more photogenic. That, and I didn't have to make snow.

Altogether, I'm not sure if I'll ever do this, but either way, I'll need to wrap the original map up first.

11. CrashyJames

CrashyJames
    Expand Collapse

Funny how the houses have garages, but no driveways lol

12. Aylmaoo

Aylmaoo
    Expand Collapse

He still has a lot left to do, he adds driveways every now and then when he has time.

13. CrashyJames

CrashyJames
    Expand Collapse

I know

14. Regenworm

Regenworm
    Expand Collapse

Any progress?

15. JayPlaysBeamNG

JayPlaysBeamNG
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps after this we could have a winter version with snow and christmas lights

16. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

No...

Well, kind of. I haven't touched the map in some time, but the last—and only post-update—thing I did was try to add a detail map to the streets to give it more granularity. And it does a good job up close, but it also makes the streets green from a distance. So... I'll have to work on that.

Right now, I'm cooking up a whopper update for the Crash Junctions scenario pack, but I'll probably return to this in whole or in part following that.

See above. And please search before posting or requesting. This was addressed just five posts above yours.

17. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

Seeing a lot of people wanting a Snowy Garfield Heights, i tried making it for private use. If there is no problem with that.

18. The_Tekkit_101 2

The_Tekkit_101 2
    Expand Collapse

After somewhere in November, when I hear Garfield, I think of this:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Ibby

Ibby
    Expand Collapse

is there any chance i could use the houses of your map for my map. ill credit u:)

20. domguns47

domguns47
    Expand Collapse

please update this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice