Cancelled Gavril D-15 6.1 Tonne DeathMachine Addon Pack

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by DrowsySam, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Well I deleted the whole thing. I didn't merge the files, I totally deleted the default pickup file. And then pasted the new one. Soooo if that's not what I was supposed to do, than I no longer have the Gavril D-15...

EDIT- Yup. God danget. Someone help XD
    All the D-15 orientations are like this now. Including the mods like the True-Offroader and Trophy Truck... I hate myself.
    GAWD DANGIT.JPG

#21 Nickorator, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

no all you do is when you extract the files with WinRAR target the Pickup file in the BeamNG Vehicle folder and it will add the new files in there and also copy over the original files so you do not have to make a backup...its as easy as that and then you can go destroy some stuff for fun :D

3. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Come on people it's not hard :p

The reason that happened is cause you deleted it :eek: You need to merge the folders, because I didn't include the textures with it.

Step 1:
    Tut.PNG

Step 2:
    Copy.PNG

4. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

EXACTLY what I did after 2 minutes of considerable swearing at the game files and then I figured it out haha

5. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Thanks lol. But umm... I use Windows 7. So it's not just that simple to merge the files. It's really dumb. And also, I need a new D-15 file... lol How can I reset my game? I can easily get all my mods back on. I just really need a new D-15. Sorry if I'm getting a bit off topic D:

6. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Isn't it just the same on windows 7? :confused: But just run the updater and it will download any missing files :cool:

7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Windows 7 is easy its all a matter of knowing where the files are :)

8. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

Victory!!!!
    baibai golfcart.JPG
    Thanks Drowsy. I just ran the installer again and got a new game. But all my mods were still there 0.o idk what happened but it saved a lot of time and now it works!! I totally destroyed this golf cart. Thanks Sam! I can see myself using this car a ton

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

A moment of silence for the now departed Golf Cart...RIP...may it Rest in Pieces!

10. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Wooo awesome stuff! :D And yeah the uninstaller doesn't delete your mods which is quite handy, enjoy the mod! :cool:

11. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

that thing is a total beast...I mean it went from the back end of the Covet Limo I have to the wall a good 40 feet away or how ever long it was I mean it tore it apart like a freight train going through cheese...

12. SleepyPickup

SleepyPickup
    Expand Collapse

If you haven't T-boned a vehicle with it, especially another DeathMachine truck....I highly suggest it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isS5MQ9NRns

- - - Updated - - -

I seriously can't stop having fun with this thing. It destroys whatever you come in contact with..

There's a Bolide in this picture:

See it now?

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It will do, the covet limo hasnt got a proper beam setup in the middle so actually wont take much more force to crush than the regular covet as the centre structure is near identical just with a few beams being incredibly long.

14. Marmanvii

Marmanvii
    Expand Collapse

Don´t know why but when I crash at 10 km/h the car destroys almost completely, and the handling is very weird

15. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Probably because the thing weighs 6 tons. Suspension is gonna be weird when you turn, with all of that weight being sent over.

16. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

The only complaint with this...6 Tonne car killer is that the suspension is WEIRD...it needs to be firmed up and rock solid when your at speed going around a corner...it needs to be flat not rolling over...that needs to be looked at okay..

17. NickJ9899

NickJ9899
    Expand Collapse

I followed these instructions but the only problem is that the bumper isn't showing up? It spawns without a bumper and when I ctrl+w and select the killer bumper it still is just blank pretty much. It also spawns without wheels but the show up when I respawn which is fine.

Attached Files:

• 2013-11-04 18_34_15-BeamNG.drive.png
  18. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

did you copy all the files into that folder and say replace to all of them?

19. NickJ9899

NickJ9899
    Expand Collapse

SUCCESS!!!
    Haha thanks man. Apparently last time I had clicked Move and Keep instead of Replace.

Attached Files:

• 2013-11-04 18_47_25-BeamNG.drive.png
  20. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Well it does weigh 6.1 Tonnes. So the suspension is under a LOT of strain. It's pretty much impossible to get it any better without a complete rebuild.
    I built it myself first, but it wasn't stuff enough. So I got SleepyPickup to do it because he knows more about suspension and stuff.

Also, the problem is mostly with the wheels, wheels in BeamNG are pretty useless, they don't support much weight, and you can't make them big without them breaking easily.

I don't think you copied them all right.. Probably not the .dae file for sure. The skin isn't showing up either so you must have done something wrong or missed something while installing. :p

EDIT: Nevermind you fixed it! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice