1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Gavril D-15: Floating Halfshaft Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Toron Beldevar, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

(At least, I think it's the halfshaft.:confused: The messed up part in-game and the labeled part in the .DAE looked about the same.)

It's pretty self-explanatory, right? The only evidence I have to give are in these two poorly-taken images:

screenshot_00015.png screenshot_00016.png

... I'll just explain it, anyway. The halfshaft is at (1) 0 0 0 rotation when I spawn. When I turn my car to the right, the rotation for the car is, let's say, 0 (-1) 79 0 (I'm not sure exactly where the numbers go in left-to-right rotation as I rarely use the M-E), and it moves to 32 65 0.95, but the halfshaft only moves in that general direction, so it goes through all the parts as the car is turning while staying in it's initial position relative to spawning, as if the truck was never driven, but is instead following me wherever I go because it is a part of me.

Edit: This only appears in the Experimental (0.3.6.9) version of BeamNG.drive, as stated by Roadside_Racoon.

#1 Toron Beldevar, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Looks like the mesh isn't getting assigned to the node/beam structure for whatever reason. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce and fix it.

3. Roadside_Racoon

Roadside_Racoon
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting the same problem but only in experimental version.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Can't replicate the bug here on the latest experimental build (not released yet). Whatever the problem is, it'll be fixed in the next update.

5. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Why can't you guys release the builds you're using? (like every week) I don't get it. That's the whole point of the experimental branch. IMHO

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Because a lot of things are very, very broken right now.

7. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

We already have a thread for this question :p leave it in there please

8. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

K yeah sorry guys..

I don't mind bugs
    ​.

9. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

A bit of a bump, but I know this problem, I had this issue while modding the D15. They are not the halfshafts, but it seems you have an old mesh with the tie-rod consisting out of two parts, but a newer jbeam with sliding nodes (the nodes are moved compared to the non-sliding nodes version). Replacing the mesh with the newer tie-rod (one single piece tie-rod) should solve this issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice