On Hold Gavril D series NASCAR truck (release date yet to be determined)

Discussion in 'Land' started by matty1080, Aug 1, 2017.

?

do you prefer me using rendered images in my updates or if i use the screenshots of the models?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2017.
  1. rendered

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. unrendered

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

AMAZING !!!

2. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

The front end is a bit innacurate. NASCAR trucks from the 90's didn't have a splitter, or those braces on the splitter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Skoops[FIN]

Skoops[FIN]
    Expand Collapse

I think the one with the splitter and braces looks better.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Tyrone_FTW

Tyrone_FTW
    Expand Collapse

Cant wait!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Right. No-one has helped with the jbeam problem. Have a look at the NodeOffset in the jbeam.

6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wow! Nice job so far :)

Keep in mind that this shouldn't be drivable with a keyboard when you're done with it. Lots of power and no grip in NASCAR :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

But he's aiming at a mid 90's NASCAR truck. Not a NASCAR truck from 2010.
    No, that's ARCA.

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Wat... At top tier (Monster Energy Cup) you have 800hp, RWD cars, with a lack of mechanical grip, and barley any downforce.
    The same transfers down to truck series, to a lesser degree.

9. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

Dude, we would have far more cautions if your numbers made any sense. That's some iRacing type shit right there.

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Erm. If you tell a child to fly a 747, they will crash it. This does not mean that the 747 is a bad plane.
    If you tell an experienced pilot to fly a 747, they can fly it.

This is why Arca is a clusterf***, and in the higher series, people can control these cars.
    We already see a ton of RWD vehicle accidents IRL, vehicles WITH traction control, and other stability systems.

Hell, just drive the 200bx in BeamNG, it's very easy to lose control. With less horsepower than NASCARs

I don't know where you're getting these ideas from, but maybe you're looking at F1 cars? What I'm describing is consistent between anything I've played / seen in videos (irl videos). Whether it be iRacing, NR2003, BeamNG, rFactor ,or rFactor 2. It's just the nature of these cars. Low downforce, high horsepower, rear wheel drive. It's basic physics.

#50 Dummiesman, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 8
  11. Captain. Adam

Captain. Adam
    Expand Collapse

Off-topic : Your next plane project (after the An-12) is a 747 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

12. The Shotty

The Shotty
    Expand Collapse

what

13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Also, here is some video proof to back up my statements. This is at Daytona, where cars drive with 100% throttle under normal circumstances, on a fairly flat track. You barely have any opportunity to even wipe out. Yet look at this. Here's two drivers spinning off of corners (1:52 & 0:28), all by themselves.

It's not "iRacing stuff", it's just true facts.

#53 Dummiesman, Aug 6, 2017
  14. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Barley? Are you a farmer?

15. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

i i agree but i do appreciate that you actually picked up on that.
    i know i said i was basing it on the 1995 series but that was more because of the apparent production year of the d series. but i the mod is more generic NASCAR taking elements from many different series. for example i don't think the 1995 NASCAR trucks had roof flaps and the engine specs are most likely going to be based on the most recent carburetor NASCAR engine specs i can find. elements like the overall weight body panels will be based on the current regulations because they will be easier to get a hold of
    --- Post updated ---
    i w
    i wouldn't say im aiming for any particular year. the body shape is certainly 90's but think of it as more of a generic NASCAR truck, it will feature elements from different series and rules
    i might make different body styles, such as a more accurate front bumper
    --- Post updated ---
    thanks i was beginning to think i hadn't posted it properly because no one noticed
    --- Post updated ---
    dont forget NASCAR stock cars reach 300 kph by the end of the back straight at Daytona, but they do this with 42 other cars mere centimeters from each other, and these cars are huge and greatly disrupt the air around them, this means that the cars are constantly being moved around by the disturbed air and if one driver wanders too far there is very little the rest of the pack can do to avoid them

#55 matty1080, Aug 6, 2017
  16. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

They spin out because of the aerodynamics when it comes to drafting. When air is taken off someone spoiler, they spin out. Nothing to do with grip.

17. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Look at the second spin. There is no aerodynamics being changed in the draft.

18. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

dont forget NASCAR stock cars reach 300 kph by the end of the back straight at Daytona, but they do this with 42 other cars mere centimeters between them, and these cars are huge and massive disrupt the air around them, this means that the cars are constantly wandering around and if one person wanders too far then al
    correct, NASCAR tires actually provide a very high amount of grip, without it they would simply not be capable of going round the corners of Daytona at the kind of speeds they do without sliding up the track and into the wall, the banked track can only do so much to aid cornering.

19. CharredWing

CharredWing
    Expand Collapse

Will this have custom wheels and tires? Do you think that you can make Hoosiers for it?

20. Kentucky Fried Chicken

Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Expand Collapse

The NASCAR Truck Series at the time had Goodyears.
    --- Post updated ---
    Actually, the air was taken off his spoiler, causing him to spin. Didn't I just say that?

Also how did this conversation go from an inaccurate front end to you thinking NASCAR tires have no grip?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice