On Hold Gavril D series NASCAR truck (release date yet to be determined)

Discussion in 'Land' started by matty1080, Aug 1, 2017.

?

do you prefer me using rendered images in my updates or if i use the screenshots of the models?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2017.
  1. rendered

44 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. unrendered

23 vote(s)
    34.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DakotaMadi

DakotaMadi
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

dont worry about me, do it in your time and speed of working

2. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Since someone asked maybe you caould possibly use a system similar to the barstow's front sub-frame in a far off update after it's realeased?

3. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

we did consider that but because of the way the truck is constructed it wont work. the truck doesn't have a sub frame so instead of the front end coming off cleanly it would stretch the roll cage and chassis rails, which would just be a glitchy mess

4. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

OK then just wondering. Even without that I think this will be a very cool mod

5. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

it will be far better without it

6. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

Yea :)

7. Billydabomb

Billydabomb
    Expand Collapse

Just looking at it is amazing, but with all the features already planned for it will make this a huge highlight for the year. maybe decade. XD

8. SuperSneakyKitty

SuperSneakyKitty
    Expand Collapse

Hey there big fan of the work you've done. I've been lurking this thread for a while now and decided to make an account to ask if you still need any information about anything regarding the engine. I'm a bit of a nascar enthusiast, especially the technical side of it. So any info you need I just might know. Like I said big fan of what I've seen so just looking to lend any kind of hand that I can.

9. sjbphoto

sjbphoto
    Expand Collapse

Maybe an wip release? I know that you might not want to do this, but I love where this is going. I've always wanted a mod like this and its been driving me crazy how much I want to drive it. If you don't want to do this that's no problem, its entirely up to you. Good luck!

10. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

The
    The engines, gearboxes and diffs are done already. Right now we need weights of different components.

11. SuperSneakyKitty

SuperSneakyKitty
    Expand Collapse

Well what era of truck did you decide this was going to be exactly? Pre 2007 nascar motors were built off of gen II chevy small blocks, but past 07 they started to use what they call the R07 motors. I actually have the intake off one of those so I can give you the exact weight of it, and I can probably find block, heads, and rotating assembly weight too. Not sure if I could individual connecting rods, crank and piston heads though but I'll dig through the info I have.

12. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

I
    I want it to be pretty much finished when i release
    The engine weight is counted as a whole. Because the engine is all one piece in jbeam

13. Vess Osiris

Vess Osiris
    Expand Collapse

I work with a couple of late model teams, I know it's not the trucks, but I could probably get you some weights of different components.

14. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

Suspension components?

15. Vess Osiris

Vess Osiris
    Expand Collapse

suspension, body panels. engine and transmission are the only things I cant really weigh

16. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

Sweet

17. SuperSneakyKitty

SuperSneakyKitty
    Expand Collapse

oh well in that case, the weight of the R07 i know as a whole is 525lbs (238kg) fully assembled DRY.

Your average gen II SBC with a cast intake weighs about 575lbs (260kg)

I beleive the currently used transmission in nascar is the A431, i couldnt find the exact weight of it but another popular transmission used in asphalt circle racing is the Jerico clutchless 4speed (very similar to the A431) wich i know weighs 72lbs which i beleive was around pre 07 so you could use that for either or.

As for the rear end its another one of those Nothing Specific type of things. That being said a popular rear end for racing is the Ford 9" which weighs about 194lbs (88kg) factory. stock housings are about 38lbs but they'd swap out for an aluminum housing which would probably weigh closer to 28lbs, so id say for the rear end 184lbs (83kg) would be an intelligent estimate.

I also have detailed spreadsheets of gear ratios for these transmissions if you'd need at all. Hopefully this info helps you out a bit!

18. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

Fantastic!
    We can use your estimates as starting point and then tweek them to get the overall to be correct.
    The spreadsheet of the gear ratios will be usefull for making the default setups

19. SuperSneakyKitty

SuperSneakyKitty
    Expand Collapse

These are straight from the manufacture's corresponding websites. any other specific parts you need info on?

Attached Files:

20. matty1080

matty1080
    Expand Collapse

Just the weights of suspension compenents like the shocks, springs, wishbones, axles, diffs, hubs ect...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice