1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril D15

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Aug 6, 2012.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

No, those were made a completely different way and aren't up to the standard of BeamNG.

2. biohazard

biohazard
    Expand Collapse

Hey Gabester, I was wondering if you had an image yet of how much destruction your truck could take. I was also wondering what is the max payload of the D15 was, could it carry then that micro sized car from one of the video's.

~Bio

#42 biohazard, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  3. dsiOne

dsiOne
    Expand Collapse

Are you guys ever going to break down the differences between the two versions of the tech? Just from watching videos I can tell there's a big difference, but the skeletons look very similar.

4. Zack240

Zack240
    Expand Collapse

Wow. All I can say is awesomeness.

5. spartan239

spartan239
    Expand Collapse

I really like this truck, as seen so far. It may seem sluggish, but I bet it gets up to speed right now, and as the game gets more realistic and on its way, the truck may be able to move faster with a more realistic stability. I really like how it deforms. Keep it up.

6. TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps yes, but couldn't we have a damage texture for that, just like in ROR?

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Those were annoying in ror, they might be harder in ce3

8. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

That looks so great! I can't wait! :D I love old Chevy trucks! That thing is getting it whenever I get my hands on a piece of rough terrain and this truck :)

I'm wondering though, is it for optimization that there are no reflections on these vehicles? Or is it because it hasn't been coded yet? I'm not saying it makes it look worse, because I actually think it looks way cooler like this, although I don't quite know why.

After I had just been playing that 'spin tires' game with the fancy deforming terrain, and after I read this...
    ... there was really just one thing I could think about: How awesome would it be to have this truck, stripped of most of its bodypanels, with a slight suspension lift, some chunky offroad tires, a bullbar and exhaustmanifolds sticking through holes in the hood... And a good big pool of mud! That would be sick, especially with some nice particle systems...

Also, on a side-note: Do you think that with a whole lot of redesigning of the n/b, we could convert some vehicles from RoR to BeamNG later? Or would it be easier to just rebuild the complete node/beam system for one? Wouldn't mind to convert my old Ibiza model to this later lol, seeing as the performance in this engine is way better optimized(or so it seems)...

#48 Mythbuster, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  9. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I am not a dev but I think it might be harder to convert them. BTW I like your Ibiza, it's a nice hatchback.

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

CryENGINE actually doesn't support real-time updating cubemaps on moving meshes. So that's one area it's behind OGRE graphically.

Should be possible to convert vehicles with a script, there'd just be a lot of fixing problems afterwards to get it to work well.

11. blake98

blake98
    Expand Collapse

Oh that's awesome, But you know what would be best? ( i know this isn't a vehicle but) I would Think this would make the game great if there are Animals! Such as dog, cats, rabbits Etc. It would test the developers most certainly.

And I'm hoping if there are animals i know its horrible but I'd love to see a bit of blood and gore but there should be like a 15+ age restriction... And i just realized again that this is a soft body physics game not Grand theft auto 4 :L But I'm going to keep it here in case the developers get any ideas

12. Lilgti

Lilgti
    Expand Collapse

What.

Seriously. What?

13. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

That would defiantly add to the realism but i don't think there going to add blood and gore.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Agreed he is trying to make a sim into a M rated shoot em up game, or posting because he can. I like stuff like bf3 or mw3 but don't turn a game into something it's not. It's like explosions in ROR.

15. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I have one question, Did you make like NB frame rails in this truck that run the length of its body? Can you bend the trucks frame?

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The frame is basically a box with many segments (2 widthwise, a whole bunch lengthwise). Everything has been tuned so it twists and deforms just like a real truck frame.

17. HerrFalcon

HerrFalcon
    Expand Collapse

I never actually like a pick-up truck similar to this model.
    But somehow, Gabe, you just made me amazed by this model of vehicle

Looking forward to play with it in future :D
    Sure it's going to be fun

Keep up your awesome work you've done, Gabester. I'm just a random person, who is a fan of your vehicles!

18. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

A V8 version is obviously needed, but it looks like a lot of fun to drive. I don't care about it being slow, most pickups are anyways...

19. dariush

dariush
    Expand Collapse

Me too!:p
    Even if you don't talk or reply to me:( Ohhh well...HHHMMMM

20. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice