1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril D15

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

I had a question about that. Since there are only 2 segments widthwise, does that mean the front of the car can only bend on 3 points? Basically, suppose the car hit a pole half the distance between the midpoint and endpoint (or a quarter way between the 2 midpoints). Would the front of the car bend accurately, or only on the 3 points on the front? Sorry, kind of confusing.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The frame is 3 nodes wide but the actual front bodywork is 5 nodes wide. So it has a point in the middle, points on either side, and then points on the far left and right sides. It's about as high resolution as it needs to be. If you hit a pole, or anything for that matter, it bends realistically.

3. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Gab, you are in progress of my dream game. I have been into vehicles ever since i was 2. I also LOVE realism. Not to rush you but, could you release a download soon? Or a new video? if not, I respect that. Thank you. you will probably seeme around the forums some times!:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Well, he isn't the only developer, he (probbally) couldn't choose to release it him self.

5. MoJoe

MoJoe
    Expand Collapse

The car reminds me of the Istanbul pickup in Driv3r.

999-1-.jpg

6. Dexdex278

Dexdex278
    Expand Collapse

hey gebester you will put the other Gavril in this game?? Gavril MV4 g2 bandit????

7. BeamNGist

BeamNGist
    Expand Collapse

he said before that he won't. the new beamng cars are way more complex and the old ror-stuff is not the standard anymore. i could imagine him sort of "upgrading" his old cars to the beamng standards if there would be nothing else to do, but since there is a lot of work to do and there are soo many other ideas for new great cars i don't see this coming. (anyway , i prefer these new cars to the "old" gavril's cause they are styled this... crappy :D in my opinion the mv4 and the g2 and so on are beautiful cars, but always a bit too shiny for a game where the only sense in it is crashing ;) :D )

8. marcojcl

marcojcl
    Expand Collapse

donde puedo conseguir estos autos?

9. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

It hasn't been released yet. (Thanks to high school Spanish class--) No es completa. Lo siento por usted. :(

10. marcojcl

marcojcl
    Expand Collapse

es lamentable... estare pendiente. gracias! aprendiste algo de espa?ol: P

11. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Si. En mi clase de espa?ol, pero no hablo mucho. :p

12. HCFX2011

HCFX2011
    Expand Collapse

Cool truck. Definitely reminds me of the many GMT 400 trucks that I owned. Do you guys plan on building modern vehicles like a modern day F-150 equivalent or something of the like, with airbags and crumple zones? That would be awesome!!

Keep up the good work guys.

13. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't sound like they are. By the looks of it (and I feel like I read this somewhere), they are only going as modern as the 90's. I think that the cars they already have are as new as they will get. However, I can guarantee that someone will make a newer car after the game is released.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Most old cars are stronger anyway...

EDIT: Like 50's cars

15. HCFX2011

HCFX2011
    Expand Collapse

That's a common myth that people make! Perhaps in low speed collisions and dents and such they are stronger. But in a higher speed collision, the lack of crumple zones and high strength steel really doesn't stand up at all. I should know...I've worked in automotive crash physic fields and now work in accident reconstruction and analyzation, We've tested and investigated older vehicles. You can't beat the strength of a newer car.

That's the reason why I'm so intrigued by this game, it's right up my alley :p

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yep, old cars are total death traps. There are some (partial) exceptions, like the 64-66 Chrysler Imperial which had a ridiculously robust frame. Against a wall you'd die but against a smaller modern car I think the Imperial would come out on top just because it's so heavy and strong. It was actually banned from demolition derbies for being unfairly hard to disable.

17. HCFX2011

HCFX2011
    Expand Collapse

Imperials were tanks....they always creeped me out for some reason. The ones from the late 50's had this weird horror movie-like presence. The 62 era Lincoln Continental convertible is still my favorite classic :p

18. soltesz

soltesz
    Expand Collapse

Hungary writers and interested when it will be available in the new Rigs of Rods.
    Regards, Krisztian Soltesz

19. BosniaFTW

BosniaFTW
    Expand Collapse

Not really (like what the other above said), older cars are terrible with accidents. Just take a look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

20. HCFX2011

HCFX2011
    Expand Collapse

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

I think you need a better translator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice