1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril D15

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Tmaxxracer12

Tmaxxracer12
    Expand Collapse

Well First OT: Great Truck Gabester! :p And iheartmods, If you look the side-markers on the front of the truck they look like GMC 1988-1993 and the bumper looks similar to a 1973-1987 chevy or GMC. The tailgate looks similar to a older dodge dakota. The six lug and being four wheel drive goes right along with being an 1973-1999 chevrolet or GMC style lug set-up. The mirrors are similar to 1994-1999 chevrolet mirrors. There Is probably more I could come up with.

Thanks, Tmaxxracer

2. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Gabester doesn't like it when you are comparing every detail of the car to real ones :)

Ontopic: I love the truck, I am going to abuse it when the game releases! Smash it into walls and trying to destroy it's suspension. You did a great job on this, like always :) Keep up the good work Gabe

3. Tmaxxracer12

Tmaxxracer12
    Expand Collapse

Sorry Gabester! I feel like a total Jerk now! I wasn't comparing because I hate it though. I love GM trucks. And this truck! Once again sorry Gabester!! :(

4. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

You are not a dick, trust me. Is this truck already finished or is it still a WIP?

-

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Everything is WIP, if the beam engine changed so would the truck I assume. Never assume though.

6. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

I was, like a lot of people, under the impression that this was an un-badged Chevy S10. But I have to say, I'm glad it's a Gavril. Maybe you could make all official BeamNG content some kind of fictional vehicle?

7. Lawrs91

Lawrs91
    Expand Collapse

They have to. When they're selling a game with fictional vehicles they have no one to ask for permission. If they make real vehicles, they have to get licensed by the manufacturer of that vehicle.

However: User created content can be whatever vehicle they desire to make since it's not officially in the game.

8. DanniBee

DanniBee
    Expand Collapse

Also another thing is the fact that vehicle manufacturers would probably never be comfortable with their cars getting as badly wrecked. I highly doubt we'll ever see official licensed vehicles in BeamNG.

9. Budnytrain

Budnytrain
    Expand Collapse

That was my impression as well, I'm sure manufacturers said something about not allowing their in-game cars to have their roof crushed and things like that.

10. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know that. I was just saying that it would be cool to be a commercial game that uses their own content, rather than getting licenses to re-create real-world cars.

11. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Okay, there may be an issue....bear with me..My notice is that many people want to create replicas of real world cars for the simulator...if that's legally not allowed how would that be regulated?

12. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

It's okay for people who mod video games to re-create copyrighted content. I believe using it in that way falls under the Fair-Use agreement.

What we were talking about is that all of the official BeamNG content will be fictional, so there will be no need for the developers to gain licenses for using copyrighted works. But this thread is getting derailed fast, we should be talking about the truck, not copyrights.

13. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So, my understanding is that the Third-Party content could be literally any type of car....?

Regardless, let's keep this thread to the truck ​(lol)

14. Treevus

Treevus
    Expand Collapse

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

And gabester, you've talked about having in-game add-ons for vehicles. Why not have a camper shell for this? :)

15. MercTrucker

MercTrucker
    Expand Collapse

A camper shell would be a lot of fun-especially one that can be tied down in-game and has weight of its own.

16. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

If the Gavril D15 made it into the real world and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety crash-tested this very pickup truck, I can guarantee that the Gavril D15 would probably get a "MARGINAL" or "POOR" rating.

So, personally, I think that Gabester should increase the strength of the n/b structure so if the game is released and my group, BeamNG Crash Testing and Vehicle Research Center crash-tested the D15, it would get a "GOOD" or an "ACCEPTABLE" rating, instead of a "MARGINAL" or "POOR" rating.

So, Gabester, this was my opinion for your D15. I am NOT criticizing your D15, but this was just a thought of improvement.

With Regards,
    BJT

P.S.: Please don't hurt me if I give your D15 a "MARGINAL" or "POOR rating. :eek:

17. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Your idea would be sound if it wasn't for these facts

1. We have no idea of the speed the D15 is being crashed at
    2. The physics behavior seems fairly accurate, as shown in Gabe's controlled test, seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRXTUqU31es

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEmTyZXREfg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdBJAYHpOto
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ml4__zhy0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgh-6XtX26I

In general, his simulated crash behavior seems fairly accurate if you look at the videos and compare them to the D15. When you test something you generally do things scientifically. That usually means postponing a conclusion until you have all the data.

18. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Why would it be an improvement? Not every real truck or car in real life get's an 'acceptable' or 'good' rating... And this truck is pretty old, and I can tell you, most real cars from the same class and age were damn unsafe. So if this truck would be safe, it wouldn't be realistic...

19. chainsaw

chainsaw
    Expand Collapse

I suppose I got bored. So I made this.

Attached Files:

• Gavril D15 - Chalk Concept Art.jpg
  20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

My eyes!! :( It looks ok small but full size. XF

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice