1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril H15 Vanster

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DuceDuck

DuceDuck
    Expand Collapse

Dear, Forum reader or Dev Team
    If they make an update for the H-Series, i have some ideas of what i would like to be added.
    1. A new modern van model, like the picture below

2. A utility version of the van

3. Options for what to put in the cargo area

etc
    4. More options for the cutaway model, like a bus

Thanks for reading my post.
    Sincerely,
    DuceDuck

#201 DuceDuck, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 11
  2. deathpallie325

deathpallie325
    Expand Collapse

I would like to see the Gavril H-Series Passenger Van added to BeamNG.drive.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

Now that the D45 Ambulance is our box ambulance, will the H45 Ambulance be deprecated and replaced with a high-roofed vanbulance?

There's quite a bit of overlap between the D45 and H-Series now, so that would be one way to diversify the types of configurations. The box ambulance wouldn't necessarily be removed, it would still be accessible in the parts menu under the Upfit drop-down.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. devilboy662

devilboy662
    Expand Collapse

I think that the H-Series just needs a high roof in general, would make perfect for lighter duty ambulance, passenger van/ converstion van, and/or more cargo space.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Not necesarily, there are a few tipe of ambulances. Most noticeable, general use and a Movile Intensive Care Unit. Being the latter an advaced model desined to take care of patients in inmediate risk of death (Think someone that had a car crash and had lost an arm among other critical injuries.) It includes life support, Oxygen and the basic equipement of an operation room. The bigger H45 ambulance could be the latter, since is bigger it would make sense for it being the bigger specialiced unit and the vanster variant being the light duty model with only the basics and intended for transport in stretcher

6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Why would they remove one of the best configs??
    (I mean they removed the Covet Beater which was even better so rip)

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

However, I don't think we should remove the H45 Type III ambulance. We could potentially have this as a Type II ambulance working alongside this, since the ambulance skin does work on both the Vanster and Cabster bodies.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

Something else that could be done to increase configuration variety is to have different default skins for the H45 and D45 box ambulances.

For some reason, when I picture a Ford F-450 ambulance, I see it in high-visibility yellow for use at an airport, so maybe the D45 could get a skin like that. It would definitely add a little variety to the game, being the first official airport vehicle to serve the Utah or Italy airports.

9. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I hope we see some hubcaps like this in the remaster.
    upload_2020-12-20_16-12-20.png

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  10. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Never mind, I'm stupid. The "Small Smoothie Hubcaps" are identical when used with gray steel wheels.

11. PIISIGMA

PIISIGMA
    Expand Collapse

H series „Sherman”

Like this

Attached Files:

• 8B9308A5-FE60-4D3D-9521-9BBFA15013DA.jpeg
    #211 PIISIGMA, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  12. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

Sherman*
    Panzer would fit best on an european van version.

13. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

Previously, I was hoping for a pre-facelift version in the remaster, but now I'm more excited for the possibility of a newer, facelifted version in the future. We could even get a couple of redesigns, one from 2003 and another maybe from 2008.

Not only would it continue to tie together Gavril's design language of the early-to-mid 2000s, it could also bring us another (technically) contemporary vehicle if the H-Series follows in the footsteps of its real life counterparts by continuing production well into the early 2020s, using a design from the late 2000s on a platform from the early 1990s. This would also hint at Gavril's design language of the late 2000s and early 2010s, giving us 4 consecutive decades of Gavril vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

That's not a van, that's a full on APC... I know the relatively similar Sentry APC's are based on F-550 platforms. Those are significantly beefier than the F-350, which I assume is most comparable to our HD H/D-Series frames. However, there are actually a lot of options for an armored H-Series, just not military grade APCs. Personally I'd love to see some Cash-In-Transit armored trucks in game as these are really silly options for heavyweights and can be used in some interesting missions/scenarios, though I know at least some people would find it to be too arcade-y to be doing anything silly with such a serious truck. At least we have the JATO ram plow city bus...

We can't get too crazy since we don't have a medium-duty truck platform in game to work with, but the D/H 35/45 should be enough to at least see the smaller cash-in-transit armored truck options. Some of these are visually rather subtle, or at least subtle enough that you will actually need to pay attention to notice the details. Heavy duty doors/windows, maybe a bull-bar and DRWs. For something a bit less subtle we could see a cabster with such changes and an armored box, and for something really crazy we could see something with a new body from the firewall back.

Note how from the outside this mostly looks like a Ford E-450 with a van body plopped on top but with a couple armored plates scattered around. Sometimes CIT vans don't look much different than factory stock, sometimes they have bull bars, and so on.
    Source: https://www.imcdb.org/v355930.html
    temp5.jpg

Note how this F-550 retains its stock-looking cab and utilizes an armored box uplift. This would probably be the easiest to add since it's more or less just a special uplift plus armored doors/glass, and can therefore be put on any uplift frame that's an appropriate size. Compare that to the above and below options which both require a new or heavily modified entire body. Of course this means it's visually rather unimaginative.
    Source: http://www.inkastrans.com/products/armored-vehicles/special-purpose-vehicles/cit-ford-f550/
    temp6.jpg

Note how both of these Ford F-350's only retain factory-appearing bodywork from the firewall forward. I've always had a soft spot for this strategy of armored truck because of how weird some of them end up looking.
    https://secureservercdn.net/198.71..../2012/04/IMG_1743-Medium1.jpg?time=1609451285
    temp3.jpg
    Source: http://www.2040-cars.com/Ford/F-350/1978-ford-f-350-armored-truck-8-gun-ports-170290/
    temp4.jpg
    With how rarely van's get facelifted, we might end up seeing this thing get a massive model year spread with only a minor facelift and a new interior or two. I think that's safe to expect, but pre-facelift is still a question mark IMO. It would be huge to see a van-culture era truck somehow, but I don't think that's really possible unless they take the Ford Econoline route and drop an entirely new body onto the platform. Of course I'd like to see that, but that's more work than I'm expecting to see just for a face-lift, especially with how much stuff it sounds like they already plan on doing to it.

Speaking of facelifts,I'd really love to see the introduction of a V6 as the engine for the 1997+ base models. I know it isn't strictly unrealistic to have i6/V8 base model engines, but I feel a V6 would be a more natural choice here.

#214 ManfredE3, Jan 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. HeadlightsThePerson

HeadlightsThePerson
    Expand Collapse

I think that we need the Police config to be updated. I don’t think it’s been touched since it came out. Maybe it could be replaced with a SWAT-type skin and parts, kinda like the bank truck @ManfredE3 was talking about.
    F17B9564-87C4-4930-87B0-89B1C69A45BA.jpeg B4B84693-2BBE-46A6-8725-DD0B5151165E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The SWAT could be a separate config similar to the ambulance, with a different upfit but the same lights and stuff. The police version should be heavily modified imo, it's extremely unrealistic for a police van, not heavy duty enough and doesn't seem purpose-built, just looks like someone slapped a light bar on a normal van and painted a few stripes. Real police vans are vehicles used for transporting either officers or prisoners (I imagine the former is the case for the config we have), the ones I've seen have tinted windows in the back and a retracable "cage shield" on the windshield, and obviously full interior that has double rear doors so nobody can enter from the outside on the run. Could have the taillight guards too. There are also emergency response variants that don't have any guards but instead they have a roof rack with ladders for some reason, maybe to rescue people stuck on top of something. I can't find a picture but that is a thing. Basically the thing the police van desperately needs is the interior, without it it makes zero sense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lukas64 the dog

Lukas64 the dog
    Expand Collapse

an coach/bus version of the H series like this

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ExistingUser

ExistingUser
    Expand Collapse

I would love a refresh of the H-Series, maybe a complete refresh of the front fascia and rear into something like a Ford Transit.
    Oh and a passenger van configuration, please!

19. acynder

acynder
    Expand Collapse

I dont know, the transit may be too european for the h-series

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. ExistingUser

ExistingUser
    Expand Collapse

Good point..
    Maybe then the devs can do a little mashup of a Sprinter / Transit and start a European van line under the ETK name? That would be an interesting idea I think

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice