WIP Gavril H35 Vanster

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Ai'Torror, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Today, I've decided to slightly upgrade the H25 Vanster to the H35 with dually rear tires.

Jbeam:

Another part that I've added it the cargo partition:

It is fully working and Jbeamed as well

If you have ANY ideas, on what to add to this small mod, just let me know

2. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

H45 Vanster?

3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I was kind of thinking about making just an extended version of the H35 on the H45 Frame :)
    --- Post updated ---
    This is what you've meant?

--- Post updated ---

The Extended H35 vanster's Jbeam is nearly complete :)
    --- Post updated ---

Is this weight accurate? 3037KG/6696LB for the Extended Van?
    to me it seems a bit heavy, as with only small piece of frame and body it weights 500KG more...
    And I did not change the Node weights of the body, most of that weight is in the H45 Frame :/
    --- Post updated ---
    I'd appreciate some volunteers for testing this van. (deformations, load capabilities and general bugs).

#3 Ai'Torror, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Isn't H45 HD frame?

You go from van to something between van and semi category, where in Europe you can't drive it with passenger car license anymore because of the weight, but those can carry a lot more than 1 ton of typical van.

It would then make it logical that thing weights a lot more because of sturdier frame etc.

So you get from 3.5 metric tons to something like 6-10 tons vehicle category?

5. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'd appreciate some volunteers for testing this van. (deformations, load capabilities and general bugs.
    It is the same as the Renault Master and Renault Mascot :D Both nearly the same, but Master can carry about 1.5 tonnes (according to documents, most of them can handle 3 tonnes of load easily (tested :D )). and the Mascot can carry I think about 4 tonnes, but it requires truck license :)
    I don't know how it works in the U.S.
    I've used the H45 frame, as I just didn't feel like adding a new frame :D This one I think looks okay.
    I just need to fix the UV's and make the fenderflares stronger, and less spiky in crashes.

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Ahem, drag config :D

7. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

That's for later :D

For now I need some people to test it to make sure that it is release ready.
    --- Post updated ---
    As of now I'm having quite a bit of problems with the Dually fenders, as they are fine in slow crashes into the lower part, but if you hit the whole side of the van (with a T-series at about 20-30MPH) the side spikes really weirdly...
    It is really weird, as it is only slightly modified JBeam from the D-Series, but it seems way softer and does that on impact. What is the most interesting is that the spikes come mostly from the body which has it's separate Jbeam...

If anyone could help me solve the problem I'd be really thankful, as this is my first try at modifying the whole body of the vehicle (insted of sticking a hill climb kit on the moonhawk which was way easier)
    --- Post updated ---
    Okay, I've gotten it to deform just about correctly, but I don't know how to fix the van body turning into this weird dark color after the fender flare gets damaged. the D-Series does that too, but on the bigger Van it is really noticeable...

--- Post updated ---
    I could put it on super heavy duty rear suspension, but then the brakes and the engine are not really enough. The body and suspension are actually fine with holding a concrete barrier bringing the total weight of the vehicle to over 7 tonnes :D

Attached Files:

8. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I've fixed the spiking problem (mostly).
    If all goes according to plan, today I'll send it to be approved for the Repo.
    --- Post updated ---

9. ViperCobra

ViperCobra
    Expand Collapse

Has the mod been uploaded to the repo?

10. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is waiting for approval. I still need to fix the textures, but I don't have time for making rntirely new UV map.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice