1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

Gavril T75

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Happyfaller23

Happyfaller23
    Expand Collapse

I agree with what you said yes, but it's just that I've seen the "alpha" card pulled so many times, it hurts. Also yes it's called Alpha because things are unfinished- we all get that (I hope).
    On topic- I can't wait for a interior view for this thing...the role playing will be real.

2. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

there IS an interior VIEW, there just isn't an interior itself yet ;)

3. Craftworth

Craftworth
    Expand Collapse

Sorry that again raised the topic about damage.
    I think the important thing that too strong, is the hood or the cabin is too weak. And it not depends from weight.

If we will take screen from B25Mitch, we see Hood vs Cabin=1:1

(imported from here)

In real life even the hood from aluminium, it will badly damaged but not the cabin.

(imported from here)
    (imported from here)

I know it's alpha, just my two cents :)

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Those are 10-20 year newer trucks and we don't even know what the impact speed is... on the T75, the hood crumpling is limited by the frame's inability to crumple (it can bend, but it's not gonna just get shorter) and the engine block's rigidity.

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Here's a thing

What happened in that crash is the cab actually came off it's mounts, crushing the hood between it and the wall and likely being stopped when it made contact with the engine block. This is even with modern materials. The frame of that truck during the crash is fine, more rigid than the T75 by the looks of it. The impact speed is likely to be 35mph, same as the bus MMI tested. Even then you find that the hood of the T7f is quite accurate to this moden semi... kinda. The modern semi truck's hood is much less rigid. The only difference is, if you look, you can see the A pillars tear the hood apart on the corners instead of folding it. That said, its the ONLY video of semi being tested this way. The Semi's in the images seem to have hit things that missed the frame, meaning that the impact was straight to the hood, tearing or shifting the engine off it's mounts even.

The T75 doesn't crumple... properly... yet. But its "sort of" accurate.

#785 Hati, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Thanks, I'll save this video for reference. It's really hard to find any kind of reference material for how these things drive/deform.

Still, the truck in the video has a sleeper cab which adds several tons behind the cab...

7. Unslinga

Unslinga
    Expand Collapse

Few beefs I have with this truck:

1: the truck is not stiff enough. I would expect it to be able to handle a bit of terrain without tearing it'self apart.
    2: the steering on this truck is really bad, and is not set up like you expect normal steering to be set up, I would firstly have beams going across to each of the pivot points of each wheel to stabilize each wheel against the other, also adding Ackermann geometry to allow the truck to move properly.
    3: rear wheels are a bad, and it's wrong that each wheel should have individual power like that. I would make the outer wheels lock to the inner wheels with some extra beams and have power transmitted to the inner wheels only. I would also strengthen each axle on the truck so that it doesn't feel like it's going to teat to pieces each time you throttle.

Another note regarding engine pitch, add a pitch variable to engine configuration so that the pitch doesn't change when adding another 3000 rpms to the max rpm.

8. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

I dont feel that we should complain about cars in experimental....its not finished and obvious things like what you mentioned are, obvious and are/will probably be worked on for the final release.
    As for your 3rd point:
    "slotType" : "semi_wheel_R_2",
    //lock the inner and outer wheels
    "differentials": [
    ["wheelName1", "wheelName2", "type", "state", "closedTorque", "engineTorqueCoef"],
    ["RL_2_outer","RL_2_inner", "lsd", "locked", 8000, 0]
    ["RR_2_outer","RR_2_inner", "lsd", "locked", 8000, 0]
    //["RR_2_outer","RL_2_outer", "open", "open", 0, 1]

And

"semi_differential_R_2": {
    "information":{
    "authors":"gabester",
    "name":"Gavril T75 Rear Rear Differential",
    }
    "slotType" : "semi_differential_R_2",
    "differentials": [
    ["wheelName1", "wheelName2", "type", "state", "closedTorque", "engineTorqueCoef"],
    ["RR_2_inner","RL_2_inner", "open", "open", 0, 1]

#788 Erik.s, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. Unslinga

Unslinga
    Expand Collapse

I'm not talking about a differential between the wheels, but a solid connection between them.

I know it's unfinished, but that doesn't mean he can't take constructive criticism. I'm not complaining, I'm stating what I think should be changed.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The differential serves as that solid connection, the game supports no other means of linking the wheels.

It also has a visible ackerman setup going on....

11. Unslinga

Unslinga
    Expand Collapse

Wheels are made up of nodes and beams, just like everything else, the beams on one wheel can be connected to the beams of the other wheel.

12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Nodes and beams which are automatically generated at run and not manually described in the vehicle JBeam therefore not being possible to manually latch a beam onto.

13. Unslinga

Unslinga
    Expand Collapse

Seems I was not aware of this... Maybe it's possible to allow 2 wheels to be locked together using nodes of some sort, as an option?

14. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

1: Have you ever gone off-roading in a giant truck not designed to go off-road? No? Large vehicles are extremely fragile. Try off-roading in a house.

2: It's designed like a real truck. What you suggest would be cheating. It already has Ackermann geometry.

3: I can't add beams between the wheels without coding a new feature which is currently impossible. The current solution is the best I can do at the moment.

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Diggin' the new tweaks to the T75. I know frame flex on these things gets pretty wild when driving on anything but a smooth asphalt road. These trucks are
    designed for massive torque and keeping it's massive weights in a straight line at speed. People seem to forget that after hours of thrashing around in a Grand
    Marshal driving the T75 in the same manner will yield results completely alien but entirely realistic for a semi. The brain switch just isn't happening.

16. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

I have bug with wheels of t-series. The tread pattern is not embedded. In general, there is something wrong with the tires.
    2015-01-22_00001.jpg

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Looks like Normals aren't loaded.
    Did you delete the cache before using the new update? Delete the folder "BeamNG.Drive" in DOCUMENTS and start again the game.

18. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Yes. I'm deleted BeamNG folder from Documents. But try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately does not work. 2015-01-22_00003.jpg 2015-01-22_00004.jpg

For example with working normals look like this: 2015-01-22_00005.jpg 2015-01-22_00006.jpg

I'm testing this on old laptop, but on better pc it does not work.

19. rmwheat10

rmwheat10
    Expand Collapse

I've got the same issue with the treads, along with the horrible framerate. I'm running the latest experimental build and I did delete the cache.

Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    GPU: EVGA GTX 780
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

20. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

There is an issue with the T-series (and any similarly complex vehicles) with some CPU's at the moment, so there isn't really much you can do until its fixed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice