WIP Beta released Gavril Vendetta 0.8

Said to be one of America's finest creations... Ever.

1. mangledfurs

mangledfurs
    Expand Collapse

Looks good so far. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

@Driv3r1142 has me making skins
    screenshot_00073.png
    here is a simple police skin

• Like Like x 2
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

@Driv3r1142 I'm also open for skinning if you want me. I have a couple of ideas. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

eww XD
    screenshot_00074.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

@Joseph24 its Pizzaven time XD.
    I dunno if @Driv3r1142 thinks this is quality enough to put this in so I am probably going to just make this a separate mod.
    If anyone is curious it looks like this.
    Pizza_Vette11.jpg
    I can make other more high quality skins (The Penzke one is probably the one I put the most effort into Penzke_box.png ) but I don't know what other skin would be wanted for this at the moment since Sandwiches already made a police one. I could make a taxi skin if anyone wants but other than that I need suggestions lol.
    Some examples of what I can do:
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/trucking-skins.2951/
    https://www.beamng.com/resources/honolulu-hi-police.2920/
    --- Post updated ---
    Some stuff that I found, I can make these if you want @Driv3r1142
    1969-C3-Corvette-GT1-1024x5501.jpg junker051.jpg 116631.jpg 1980-C3-Corvette-Mach-5-1024x4971.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I have asked a few people to make skins already, as some of you already know as for they've posted screenshots. I don't need a ton, just one or 2 from each artist would be plenty.
    I will contact those who have offered with proof of skin creation skills to make skins.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I am skin creator.
    *confetti*

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

@Superchu Frostbite , if you have any other designs for the front and rear fuel cap badging, feel free to post them. The previous crossed sword and pen layout wouldn't work on the front due to the crossing point being off center.

I am preparing to start making some additional stuff.

Tonights addition is a semi functional luggage rack;

screenshot_01201.png

I say semi functional as in while it affects aerodynamics, it doesn't yet properly support any sort of cargo. I will be working on this as I go, but for now it's in game. Also I added back in the gas cap thingy (yay :p)

It will be optional too, so you won't be stuck with it if you don't want it.

As for other planned options;

There will be 2 stock engine options, the 291 and the 353. Both will be variations of each-other, as for there were plenty of variations of the 350 Small Block V8, also including much lower displacement in some variants. They will feature tuning packages relevant to the option packages that will be represented in the configs, similar to how you could get different engine parts on different option packages on the real vettes. Available transmission options will include a the 3 speed automatic, or a 4 speed manual.

There will also be one big block V8, the 423. This will be a non factory option, that will have options to set it up for racing. It will require that the user cut the hood of the car ( It will be an included part,) and will feature a custom hood scoop. You will only be able to grab a fully customizable 6 speed transmission with this engine.

The cut hood and hood scoop will be an aftermarket add-on for the racing configs.
    I decided against a shaker hood scoop for now since the engine mounts are kind of messy atm, however it's not completely ruled out after the engine is properly secured.

As for suspension options, I will model them after the Barstows options; Standard, Heavy Duty, Racing.

The model years will run from 1966-1972, with the 1966-1969 model years having pop up headlights, and the 1970-1972 models will have fixed mount headlights.

I will post more as I get there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Very excited for this mod! The constant updates are great. Finally a car that is moving along and is likely to be completed.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, most mods never make it very far along because the mod authors end up relying more on other people rather than themselves for a good chunk of the core work. Or they lose the drive, like I did with the Blue Collar mod shortly after releasing it.

On this, I'm trying to release a mod here that I don't need to go back in and add a ton of stuff later. No WIP-Beta released bs here, I want to release a final mod so I can do the same kind of work on my other mod projects.

Mainly it's because I'm just not the kind of person who likes to revisit projects once I've put them out to the public, I like to explore and keep doing/making new things :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

You could use the roamer as a bit of a headstart kind of, as that rack has support for cargo. (maybe just copy some of the files? idk I actually have zero experience in modding)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

Hey, this is looking good.
    If you want, I can help with the body panel simulation. Send me a pm if you have any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Eh, it was easier to JBeam it myself than to rip it off the Roamer, move the nodes around, and redo the connection beams.

The biggest issue with mine right now is that I can't place all the beams I need to in order to securely mount it to the rear of the vehicle. Mostly because of how many rigidifiers are in there to keep things from flopping around, and frame connections.

I will consider it ;)

15. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Well I mean just how the roamer's rack can carry cargo, maybe look into the files of the roamer and copy some of the code into the vendetta*?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

Okay, @Driv3r1142, I'll get a few mock ups posted later this afternoon. are there any criteria besides being approximately vertically symmetric? for instance, do you want it to perfectly fit in a circle? does it have to be mirror-able? just black and white? 4 color? How big do you want it? etc... I have a few more ideas than I want to make, so any reasonable restrictions would be welcome.

17. maty

maty
    Expand Collapse

Awesome

• Like Like x 1
  18. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

I'm with you there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

my post got deleted \
    all i said is that i understand about the net neutrality
    logic

20. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Huh? What was the significance of even posting something like that on a mod thread?

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice