WIP Beta released Gavril Vendetta 0.8

Said to be one of America's finest creations... Ever.

1. 1968 Dodge Dart

1968 Dodge Dart
    Expand Collapse

Mid engine Vendetta?

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Doubt it

3. 1968 Dodge Dart

1968 Dodge Dart
    Expand Collapse

It would be cool though.

4. WinnebagoMan

WinnebagoMan
    Expand Collapse

Thankfully the 305 was only standard equipment in late model 80-82 California Corvettes. All the other states got the 350 as standard in place of that boat anchor.

5. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

So the race skin combined with the barn find skin? Got it.
    I got a race skin coming. Dunno if @Driv3r1142 is gonna make race parts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Eh it could be a future concept car. After all, I do want to eventually tie in Gavril to Civetta, and make a Gavril equivalent to the Bolide :rolleyes:

It's a fictional world so its ok I guess :p Maybe if Chevrolet ever releases a MR Corvette :cool:

I am going to make a few parts, but it's gonna be relatively tame. I am ruling out any additional bodies, as for they would involve the work of practically an entirely new vehicle, and would possibly ruin any skins already made for the mod.

Still though, this is going to be a blast for anyone who likes older cars for racing.

7. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

In that case this would be more appropriate for a 350 V8 ;)
    https://www.desmos.com/calculator/w60fxgh0pc

Keep in mind that this engine was tested with a supercharger equipped!
    Code:
    "enginetorque":[
            ["rpm", "torque"] //Torque curve
            [0, 0],
            [500, 170],
            [1000, 260],
            [1500, 320],
            [2000, 353],
            [2600, 376],
            [3000, 398],
            [3500, 406],
            [4000, 415],
            [4500, 412],
            [5000, 400],
            [5500, 374],
            [6000, 343],
            [6200, 325]
        ],

#567 Octothorp Obelus, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  8. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Mine came with the 350 in it thank heavens... granted I don't live in CA... I think if I had one with a 305 I would probably swap it almost immediately...

Although those numbers you have there seem really high... in the 80s most Corvettes were barely pushing 200hp in the 350, nevermind the 305... are the engines you are posting torque curves for modified in any way? I would think they would almost have to be to be pushing nearly 270hp out of a 305... nevermind nearly 400hp out of a 350.

9. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

The 305 was not tested in a vehicle, but on a rack.
    The 350 does have supercharger on it and was tested in a vehicle; however, I'll edit my post to state that.

10. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

@Driv3r1142 just curious you want 2 small stripes going down the top or just one big stripe?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I personally like 2 :p

You can message me these questions you know :rolleyes:

12. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Ok. I was just asking because 2 stripes might take a bit longer to align.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

Any chance I could get in on making skins for the Vette?
    Is there a UV template or something I could get a hold of?

14. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I will consider it. If not now then I will have skins UVs posted when the mod's released for people to work with.

15. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

Hey, don't mean to be that guy, but how goes work the Vendetta? From perusing previous pages, I've noticed there'll be a "Regulation Nation Vendetta" - Will that include those absolutely gaudy urethane front and rear bumpers that one could find on later-year C3's?

16. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Since I was getting bored of aligning stripes, I decided to do another simple skin. A MIDAS Monkey MID Monk skin for the Vendetta. Like the one made for Hot Wheels by the Gas Monkey garage. Should be done in about a day or two. Then I’ll go back to aligning stripes again. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

FullSizeRender.jpg

This? Yeah.

I would say worse... I am doing what GM never really did successfully in the C3 generation; Butchering the Corvette. It took them much later generations. Big Business rebelling against the Democracy. Like it always has, but you know, actually screaming about needed crackdowns on emissions and crash safety and ruining their reputation in the process. 'MURICA! After all, We'd still have mighty fine automobiles if we had Communism, Just look at Russia.

Don't use my words and take this thread off-topic.

Anyway...
    I am bringing back the swing axle suspension that was seen on the Corvair, replacing the chrome trimmings on the front and rear with 5 MPH crash bumpers, I am boxing out the shape, I am changing it from fiberglass to more traditional materials, it's going to get crappy small displacement engines with low power output, and other small details I haven't figured out yet.

In all, it's going to go from world class sports/muscle car, to sh**box economy car rust bucket. And it's going to run Gavril so far into the ground that they had to stop producing consumer automobiles for about a decade.

Well, that's where I want to take it anyway.

Yeah, when (and if,) I get to it, I will make a separate thread for it, as for it will be a separate mod, sharing only the frame and mounting points with this Vendetta.

Alright... :p
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, as for main mod progress, I am working on other things to keep my other skills up and going strong. Modeling, major JBeam construction, problem solving, texture creation and editing, and just the other skills I need to keep making a vehicle, that tend to erode for me if I don't keep doing them.

Speaking of modeling, I am actually modeling something right now, that I intend to bring to BeamNG. But it isn't the "Regulation Nation" Vendetta, instead it's something I intend to reveal once this mod is out.

I will hint, it's part of something much, much more ambitious and daunting; A lot of simple things can add up to a complex whole. I don't think it takes a genius to figure out what this means :p

I am hoping to release this version of the Gavril Vendetta anywhere between this next week, and the end of March. I only need to add a fuel tank, get the configs sorted, and add in the skins. Everything else is pretty much there and behaving the way I want it to.

Don't quote me on the proposed release date, it's just a personal goal; I may or may not meet it, depending on how lazy I am or how sidetracked I am in other projects I find more interesting.

18. Truckersteel

Truckersteel
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... My ideas are kicking in...

19. WinnebagoMan

WinnebagoMan
    Expand Collapse

Please, I beg of you, make the regulation nation vendetta feature those abominable Pontiac and Cadillac small block V8's from the early 80s. You know, like that 260ci in the coupe DeVille that was literally weaker than that year's base model V6, or the Pontiac 301/265 that was so awful GM killed it after 1 year. I would love to be driving an aerodynamic ABS-plastic-encased supercar that can barely tackle a 20° grade.

20. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

Well the gas monkey skin was.....disappointing to say the least. It looked way too pale and phony. Kind of like some people irl
    So back to stripes I guess...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice