WIP Beta released Gavril Vendetta 0.8

Said to be one of America's finest creations... Ever.

1. Superchu Frostbite

Superchu Frostbite
    Expand Collapse

Riposte is an aggressive/offensive fencing movement. it is an attack by the defender after a successful parry.it is very European.
    I forgot completely about the Merc Meteor. ow.
    Apollo is a German supercar manufactuer, so I doubt that Buick has exclusive rights to the name, but more importantly, almost all of the Apollo era astronauts owned C3 Stingrays.
    as for Rattler and Sidewinder, really many snake names would work... Diamondback, Cottonmouth, Boomslang,etc...
    as for Banshee.... I would ask Synsol, I think the name fits well to your project and it has historical significance.
    --- Post updated ---
    Centroura, maybe. Dasyatidae, no. Gavril would not choose a name that Americans can't pronounce.

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I will consider a config named Apollo, that'd be a cool Easter egg, but I would be at risk with the real buick because the model years for this car run from 1968-1973 atm, and the Apollo nameplate was put into use by buick near the end of those model years. Not to mention I would need a new name for anything between after 1973.

I can consider a snake name to add to the poll.

Americans can pronounce things, you're talking about a time when they weren't nearly as dumb as they are today. Though I am not really adding much to the polls because every time I do I accidentally add something that actually exists in this time frame.

3. BaneArisen

BaneArisen
    Expand Collapse

A small solution could be modifying the hood to have a small hump at the center to allow for the air cleaner and carb. If the hump is blended in nicely with the rest of the hood it may look almost natural. Seeing as your the designer with this car it does not have to match 100% the measurements of the corvette. From the look of it alot of corvettes did have a small bump that yours seems to be missing but that could just be the angle we are seeing it from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I am going to have to do that. The issue is that the hood is now separated from the front clip, so its going to be a pain to line everything back up properly (I care about keeping the lines matched up on the panels.)

5. BaneArisen

BaneArisen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah but hey it has to be done :/ Keep it up tho man! Also i hope your planning a cowl induction hood *wink wink* That could always solve issues if you want to put in larger motors. Something like a 572 may not fit under a stock hood.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 1968 Dodge Dart

1968 Dodge Dart
    Expand Collapse

This maybe another cancer name but, would Python work?

7. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

I am done adding names to the poll right now, I want to see how this shakes out over this week.

Nadeox1 wasn't happy with me asking for him to deal with the previous poll, and there's already one name that could get me in some copyright issues already (Tiger,) so I am leaving it as it is atm.

8. KèrozéN

KèrozéN
    Expand Collapse

lot of work, but i wait this ! :)

9. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to your suggestion, I realized how badly I messed up on the front :p

Its not a bad thing, I knew something had to be off but I couldn't tell what it was. Turns out the entire front end was modeled incorrectly. I had rounded off the front, made the slope of the fender arches too gradual, and the hood sat too low.

Well that gives me something to do today instead of reading spam, ahem I mean wonderful suggestions :p

10. GoredontheDestroyer

GoredontheDestroyer
    Expand Collapse

Well, what work is done looks good already, so... Keep up the good work! I eagerly await being able to cruise around in what has the potential to become a fine addition to BeamNG's garage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. oops (✔)

oops (✔)
    Expand Collapse

It would be great if it was named something like "Civetta Pony"

• Like Like x 2
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

1. I don't think it would work as an Italian car, since the Corvette is American.

2. Pony sounds more like a name for a car based on the Mustang.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Maybe I could do that for a future car project (Creating an Opel GT.)

1; You could try to squeeze it in under the Opel GT style body, however that'd be pushing it.

2; Agreed.

14. rli98

rli98
    Expand Collapse

Hey Driv3r1142, is it alright if you can tell us the progress of the car now? It's just that you and this entire thread seems way too focused on what the name of the car should be. Not trying to be mean or anything, just hoping that the name suggestions aren't distracting you from completing this project.

#114 rli98, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Funny you ask, I was working on it all the time whilst the sh**storm, ahem the constructive naming discussion was going on :p

Today's progress is a test of how the front end looks in game. Note that none of the front stuff is properly JBeamed yet, that is being worked on right now. I just used the game as a way to see how it was going to look, and I say it came out better than I expected;

screenshot_01100.png screenshot_01101.png

I will finish up the front face once I make another pass on the vehicle to finish up the interior stuff and rear stuff, such as the exhaust pipes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rli98

rli98
    Expand Collapse

Are you going to change parts of the body (not including the badging and symbols) so that it isn't identical to the C3?

• Like Like x 1
  17. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I was wanting to ask you something, Driv3r. Do you plan on doing any other body styles? Like the 1974 redesigned rear and larger rear window to name a few?

I'm hoping that it will have a t-top and convertible variant.

And here's some stuff that might give you ideas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

One engine i'm hoping you could add is a fictional version of the 500 V8, like some guy slaps a 500 V8 into this Corvette and goes drag racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Or an 80's Korean econobox.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

1; Depends. Since the body would have to be changed quite a bit for the mid life and end of life C3 corvettes, I doubt it will be in this mod, though is food for a future project. Reason being I am the one having to UV the model. If anyone wants to help me with the main body UV maps, I am open to modeling facelifts.

2; T-Tops were kinda thrown out early on, though I could consider them towards the end when I have everything I want in game done. I really just don't like the look of the standard C3 Corvette T-top roof. I like the harsher transition on the design I am using now instead. It also worked alot better with the modifiers I am using to help speed up some elements of the modeling process.

A hardtop convertible on the other hand is totally feasible with what I have already, I just need to separate the roof from the body, change out a panel or 2, and do some JBeam magic :p The roof on there now is literally the hardtop roof design.

3a, 3b;
    I've considered doing fixed headlights, its not impossible and would make some racing configs a bit better looking. Though they would not be body colored if they were mounted on top.

3c;
    A luggage rack is planned :)

3d;
    Eh, Doubt that will be part of the main mod, however the community will be welcome to make stuff like that out of my mod project.

3e;

Again that will fall under the issue of major facelifts :( I can manage the UV's for one body shell. Multiple gets overwhelming, especially when they're not even complete bodies in most cases to begin with. Skins work by having 2 separate UV maps, and it is a true pain when you have to use as few materials as you can.

3f; I've seen that pic before, it will be useful when I get to the point of modeling the popups.

I am open to making extra parts as long as they will not require compatibility with body skins, unless someone offers to help me with the UVs for the main body.

We will see what engines I add in ;)

Agreed, agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice