1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Gear shifter with gaming wheel question.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by BowlerHatJack, Dec 21, 2016.

1. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I have some question about gear shifters for gaming wheels:

First off, are they worth it? Is it really worth it to spend some extra cash just to get an shifter?

Secondly, what if the vehicle that you are driving in game has more gears than the shifter? What if you are driving a car with seven gears or the t series in beamng? Does it cut off from gearing any higher than the amount the shifter has?

And thirdly, what if the vehicle that you are driving in game has less gears than the shifter? I would guess that there wouldn't be a problem as you probably just shift the ammount of gears that the vehicle has and don't bother about the extra gear(s), but i just want it clarified.

In the second and third point I mainly wanna know how beamng handles it but also how other racing games handles it.

I haven't looked to much into different kinds of shifters as i'm not 100% interested in getting one, but would the Logitech shifter here (http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/driving-force-shifter) do well for me as I have an g29?

Thanks.

2. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Shifters can make your game experience much better in a manual car. If the car has more gears, then oh well, you are stuck like that. If you have less gears, you just simply stop at 5th gear. If your pedal has a clutch pedal, then you are pretty much good to go. If they weren't so much money, i'd definitely get one. But if its high quality and has good reviews, then you should probably get it. Its worth the money tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

If the car has less gears than the shifter any higher gears than the top gear will be regarded as the top gear (If you select 6th gear in a bruckel moonhawk it will go to 4th gear). If it has more gears, you will have to use the paddle shifter to shift up (such as in the T75 as there is currently no range splitter like in ETS2). Also the manual gear shifter will make the game 500% better, especially when driving manual cars. Rev matching is awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Forgot about the top gear haha. Yup, gears do make the game much much better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice