General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

If I would have a helmet cam, I would have captured quite a lot of close calls. Most of the close calls have been caused by some old people or russian drivers (I live about 40km from the border) but there's been a couple situations caused by me tbh :p.

I actually got t-boned 2 summers ago by an old lady that came behind a yield sign. I couldn't really see her coming to my lane because of the way the intersection was and I wasn't very experienced back then so I couldn't swerve properly (had a moped back then and they don't teach you all the same things for moped drivers as they do to motorcycle drivers). He hit my bike directly where my footrest is but I moved my leg back just before the collision which probably saved my leg (still hurt like hell). Barely avoided falling over but when I stopped at the side of the road and looked back, the old woman was already driving away. Couldn't see her license plate and couldn't catch her with my moped anymore. :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one who thinks that April Fool's article about a Hellcat-powered 488 would actually be a really good idea? You know how much car industry people love badge engineering; stick a Dodge badge to it, make some superficial style changes, and sell it as, straight up, the Dodge Hellcat or something similar. LOL bye Ford GT.

3. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

This plate placement aggravates me beyond belief.
    save over 1.jpg

4. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

JDM bro

5. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

That's not even JDM, that's just plain lazyness/stupidness.

6. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

And what I said was just a joke. :[

Today I learned that DKW 1000s had vertical speedometer
    Armaturenbrett_DKW_1000S_de_Luxe.jpg

7. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

Holy **** 76k on it, I'd take it in a heartbeat, not to mention is manual. 9k isn't to steep for a 2004 Type-S, my 2003 Premium is worth 6k in blackbook, they are a extremely reliable car to. I've run the car harder than hell this year since I bought it, it is at 222k on it and still runs perfectly. The only thing I did to it was throw a drivers side motor mount last week so the engine moves a bit now until I fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Insurance is really high on it for some reason. I think cause it's a high theft vehicle. Mustang GT are cheaper than some 2-door Honda/Acuras. Idk how the bank would feel about a loan on a 12 year old vehicle either.

9. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

76k on an rsx type s is nothing. If it shifts good buy it. The transmission will go way before the engine if you treat it like a racecar. Call up synchrotech when the Trans starts grinding and they will sell you a carbon synchro kit. You be able to shift that k20 Trans literally as fast as you can pull the handle and never grind. Food for thought I wish I had the 6 speed k20a2 Trans bolted to my b16b. It could be done but I'd have 6 reverse gears and one foreword gear.

10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

can the transmission not be reversed?
    While rare, some transmissions can be. The subaru ones for example can have a small section remachined to allow the centre differential to be flipped, effectively reversing the transmission (used when swapping subie engine into some rear engine vehicles).

11. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

This is dangerous to say but I think if that was possible it would be common place to see by now. People would mass produce adapter plates. I'd kill for a sixth gear. At 70mph I'm turning at least 4k

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Ford to BMW:

• Like Like x 2
  13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Gorgeous
    FGX1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

agree X 1,000,000. I wish America had falcons. so this is to ford Europe and Australia: HELLO, HELLO, AMERICA DESERVES THESE TWO, HELLO.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Pretty happy with how my car is looking lately tbh.. But I'm probably 2% finished.

Screenshot_2016-04-06-22-32-58.png
    ss+(2016-04-06+at+01.06.39).jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

what engine does that Miata have? how many horses? that car looks like it would fly.

17. DrowsySam

DrowsySam
    Expand Collapse

Stock 1.6 B6ZE, a whole 115hp.. Sure does fly haha.

Supercharger very soon, stay tuned. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I will.

19. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I agree, but the Europeans don't have the Falcon :p Its an Australia/New Zealand exclusive

20. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I've got to buy a new car eventually, and I've actually got too many options. BMW 328i, Accord V6, Mazda 3/6. The one I'd really love to get is the 2013+ accord touring, but they start at $19k at least, and my budget stops at about $16k max. ~$12 would be better, and <$10k is best.

I think part of the problem is my budget is too wide. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice