General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  2. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

A meme was created involving Ford Mustang crashes.

Someone even made this video:

• Like Like x 5
  3. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Camaros are the best. That is the most halarious thing ever.

4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure my right front brake line let go. I'll have to take it to a shop tomorrow, unless my mother (who I still live with) prevails in her desire to have me replace the lines myself to save money. Either way, goodbye, one day hiatus from work I was hoping to use to rest and recover from this super-persistent uber-cold of misery.

5. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

When you out cruisin with the squad (5 people in my friends Vic) and a Police Vic goes by in the opposite direction, slams on his brakes, pulls a u-turn, and floors it to catch up. Tailgates us for a good quarter mile and then backs off and turns around once we crossed into the next town.

Curious, we turn on the police scanner to hear it saying "2005 Crown Victoria, color silver, (friends first and last name), (friends address)."

Needless to say, our ride ended pretty quick after that.

• Like Like x 5
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Anything to explain? lol

7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Only in Australia would you see a police car with an after-market tuned LSA V8 & V8 Supercar driver autographs on the boot lid.
    save over 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

When you consider how badly the speed Nazis have taken over Australia, it makes my blood boil all the way up here on the opposite end of the world that the traffic cops there even have such fast cars. There is just something uniquely perverse about it, like they're just taunting the civilian drivers now. The fact that race drivers willingly autographed a cop car makes me angry as well. We're drivers! We're not supposed to be friends with the police! Especially not in a place like Australia, which probably has one of the worst traffic policing setups in the world (seriously, what is it with road nazis and AU/NZ anyway?).

9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Mate, you really cant blame the cops. The road Nazis are the RMS (Roads & Maritime Services) & the government. Hell, the police have nothing to do with our mobile speed cameras.
    The few cops I've spoken to, hate them just as much as we do.

Plus, you cant blame cops when they are faced with bad speeders. Like this dickhead doing 124km/h through a central business district.
    124 in 60.jpg
    Some bloke even got picked up the other day for doing 230km/h in a 70 zone.

10. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Of course there are some egregious speeders, but if you really need 500 horsepower to catch someone, it's probably dangerous to even try.

11. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Australia does have a no pursuit policy, so if the suspect doesn't stop then they will be caught up with at a later date.

TBH I disagree with that. I think if they are running, it means that they've done something bad & really need to be stopped.

12. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

No, actually. That was the last we heard of it. Spooky though.

Last night I was waiting on top of a hill to take a left turn. The visibility is poor over the hill so you can look for headlights instead.
    I see lights so I wait. Turns out the oncoming car was a newer Police Explorer. He stops in the middle of the road to let me make my left then creeps forward to block the end of the road. I noped the hell out of there pretty quick.

Idk what is going on lately with the police in my town but something is definitely up.

13. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Don't chase and I won't run.

14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Apologies for not remembering, but are you the one who mentioned that crazy pursuit in your friend's Dakota with what may have been a cop impersonator? If so, maybe it was indeed a cop impersonator... and maybe he's still out there. Maybe there's another criminal around with a Crown Vic. Maybe someone stole a Crown Vic with important stuff in it. Maybe your friend has been off doing crazy stuff without you.

#2654 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  15. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

Nah, not me. He does crazy stuff with me in the car tho. Donuts and burnouts and revving between buildings in the industrial areas at night. He got it stuck offroad the other day on a stump. I ripped the gaskets between the H-Pipe and manifolds out so now it is pretty much straight piped.

16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

My friends haven't had any cops hassle them yet. It won't be long, though. Lots of dumb shit has and will continue to be done.
    The closest call we've had is doing a 0-60 run up a road with a speed limit of like 25 just to find a cop sitting in the coul-de-sac at the top. We've gotten the cops called on us a couple times but it had nothing to do with cars.

17. Quotation

Quotation
    Expand Collapse

Meanwhile the only thing that has happened to me with police is a $75 licence plate cover ticket. I do stupid shit like, weave in and out of traffic and stuff like that around cops, but they seem to not really care to much.

18. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I pray that you're joking.

19. bhorton

bhorton
    Expand Collapse

In the UK, the best things are the unmarked police cars. Its brilliant seeing a driver arsing about on the motorway being pulled by one of these.

20. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

Know what I want? I want wagons AND coupes for every modern sedan. They did it in the 70's, why not now? It might be just me, But I think a modern chevy malibu coupe would look really cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice