General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Oddly I put Porsche over Ferrari most of the time. Obviously the guy with the Ferrari probably has more money, but the Ferrari is purely status, Porsche at least actually makes drivers cars and are willing to not be a piece of crap to their customers.

2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

That plus the Boxster is light and agile while the M4 is absolutely not what it once was.

3. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I just saw the newest sales figures of the First half year of 2016 in america is it true that german cars tank pver there?

4. GLion

GLion
    Expand Collapse

Most likely replacing it with another color or other shade of blue from old times.
    We'll have to wait for the 2017 impact colors.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

they still offer a stickshift for a start

6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Boi if you want raw no-frills performance porsche is one of your best bets. Although I'd get a 911 because rear engined = hektik handling
    --- Post updated ---
    I disagree about ferrari being pure status, I think ferrari is more performance-oriented than anything. Lamborghini is more of a status brand, it's basically the official "basic car bitch" brand. You know, the type people always share on instagram with #LifeGoals and shit like that.

7. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

If you want raw no frills performance you would be better off with something like an Arial Atom, BAC mono, Caterham, Lotus (not the fancy new ones) and so on. I think one of the big appeals Porsche have going for them is that they are fun to drive but also civilised. Its a more practical and sensible choice. Its a choice that will make your fellow workers feel a little jealous, as opposed to the above cars that would make your fellow workers and friends think that you are having a serious mid life crisis. Whereas a Porsche seems a lot more grown up.

Its the perfect choice for a middle manager that wants to have fun, but isn't allowed to show it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

1998 Porsche Boxster.

5-speed manual.

9. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

My fiesta meet with F-250 :)
    14224963_1116641775084515_5775765107525803571_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

11. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I bet they have fun in uk style multi story car parks :p

12. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

the us has those, but I bet the uk ones are a LOT smaller. there's this parking lot at a resturaunt near where I live. the parking spots are good for a fiat 500 or something, but I see pickup trucks and fullsize cars taking up 2 spots when anywhere else they would only take up one.:D

13. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't fit in the ASDA (walmart) carpark where I used to live based on height alone. Since the carpark is under the supermarket (with a large ramp inside to take trolleys down).
    asda.png
    You would have to park elsewhere and walk.

14. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

one time I was on vacation in germay and I rented a fiat 500X. it was considered to be a big car there.

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well, its certainly no Citroen C4 grand and I certainly wouldn't call it a huge vehicle, but I guess it is a larger vehicle, especially when compared to the original.

It next to the original:

16. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

a big car In Europe. Citroen-Grand-C4-Picasso-2014-widescreen-01.jpg a big car in America. Chevrolet-Suburban_LTZ_2007_1280x960_wallpaper_03.jpg untitled.png Ford-Excursion1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

just went searching to see if I could find an image of a Suburban and C4 grand next to each other. Then I saw this...
    suburban.png
    Looks like they just grabbed parts from a much smaller car and put a huge surround on them, nice...

Either way, couldn't find anything, so I slapped this together (note: not 100% accurate).
    Untitled-3.png
    The width of the C4 Grand is 1826mm, the suburban is 2007mm. Driving that on UK roads would be very fun, in a way that I don't want to experience :p

18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I have to say driving a big car in germany isnt that big of a problem from my expierence (i have a challenger a friend of mine has a ford mustang and another one has a chevy k30) we all drive alot in the city but mostly on the country and i havent run in any problems neither have my friends

19. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

i guess it will look like this and it looks fantastic:cool:

And they still put this ugly auto gear lever on the steering wheel *facepalm*

20. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Its not that it couldn't be done. And for 99% of the roads it would be fine (although you would be a bit more compromised than smaller cars), however there are many roads that you wouldn't fit down or would be a complete pita to drive along. For example:
    sedbuskln.png aberdare.png
    And while that first one is just a country lane that doesn't get much use, the second is in a Town and a fair chunk of that town looks like that (Due to its mining heritage therefore pack as much housing into a valley as possible for as little as possible). I reckon you could get through most of Aberdare, however because its mostly single lanes with traffic flowing in both directions it would not be much fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice