General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

24mph.

But seriously, My guess is 55mph.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't be suprised, the car isn't exactly light and i doubt that engine is anything impressive except for the turbs.

3. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

1977_plymouth_volare-pic-7713021021217253808-1600x12001.jpeg you have unlocked PLYMOUTH VOLARE. You must drive PLYMOUTH VOLARE for the rest of your life.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

I think the cam cut out before I was done accelerating. Probably at least 50 by the end of it.

Also it weighs like 3000lbs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Sure sounds the part tho. I'd be fine losing to it In a drag race any day. I've lost to MUCH worse, especially before I swapped it. I think highly of car guys that get the kicks that we do out of cars never intended to be anything more than a Steel chariot to move you to and from the shops and work when we feel like it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Like Like x 1
  7. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I finally have my P plates and my mum works at a place called Supercheap Auto so I may be able to get a dashcam much cheaper and show people what sort of roads are on my doorstep. Literally.

8. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Stock 240 is 114hp and 136lb. A stock turbo 240 is 160/187. I dunno if my turbo has a cam or not, but it's probably making about that stock turbo number.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

It just hit me tonight - you know that video of the 370Z driver driving like an utter maniac in thick traffic that's been making the rounds of all the meme compilations lately? It's actually really scary if you watch the guy's hands on the wheel. Any racing book will tell you that smoothness and looking far ahead are the main hallmarks of basic driving competency, but that guy has neither; he's making quick, jerky movements and seems to be reacting to things at the last moment. In short, he's vastly overestimating his own skills and is likely to seriously hurt someone if he doesn't stop that.

10. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Could you post a link of it. I haven't seen or heard of that video and i usually skim past most videos.

11. lukerules117

lukerules117
    Expand Collapse

Well that seems like something pretty much anyone could tell without even seeing the video and besides, even with all the skill in the world if you drive like an idiot you are still going to end up killing yourself, and based on the fact that guy recorded himself driving illegally and put it online I'd wager he isn't the sharpest knife in the shed.

12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Guy can't even shift well.

14. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Giorgi would have crushed this novice 350z chump.

15. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

This scene, especially the shot at 5:17, immediately came to mind when I saw this. I know a racing book will tell you to be smooth, but I feel like there's not much precedent for weaving through traffic like that. You can see the jerkiness in the video amarks240 posted too (though that guy died so he might not be the best example). Not saying he's a good driver or intelligent person (and he's definitely overestimating his abilities; even the best driver in the world wouldn't do that in public if he knew his abilities), but comparing him to the professional drivers in that scene, he's not that far off to be honest. Just needs to find a race track more than anything so he's not endangering anyone else. And maybe learn to shift a little better.

#4775 Googlefluff, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  16. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

I usually try to be a nice person, but to be honest I would love to see both of those idiots slide off the road into a light pole, or something of that nature, at the speeds they were going. I have no respect for you if you drive like that on public roadways.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Hey, what do you think of the new Jeep Compass (2017 one)
    Whe don't know much on it, other that it is based on the same frame as the Renegade.

But I have to admit that it look very good.
    Funny enough it seems like in USA it would be 2018 one, cause it the first time we get the Compass in France I guess.
    I know it's a small SUV in USA, but it's a pretty big one here.

#4777 Ulrich, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  18. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

Spotted a Coupe in my Coupe
    2017-01-10210810.jpg

19. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

I always think its funny when something like that happens.

20. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

Even with how ridiculously stupid that is, it looks fun. I wanna do that in Beam.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice