General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

The story with this one is my buddy bought it cheap and planned on putting a Cummins in it, but he couldn't bring himself to tear apart his good, running Cummins truck, so he decided to drive it instead, and this one has been sitting next to his shed for almost 9 months now.

I'm torn as to whether I'd pull my 12 valve out of my red 2wd and put that in this truck and make it spotless, or leave the V10 in it and just clean it up some. Which would be finding or building a bumper, (I've always liked the massive Australian style aluminum bull bars) new lights, getting rid of the 5% tint, and new mirrors.

I just looked on CL and found another V10 4wd auto for sale, it's a 97 with 200,000 even and he's asking $1100, but he's got no pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Green Hell

The Green Hell
    Expand Collapse

Check it out! A V10 4WD sounds really cool.

3. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

So a guy I know bought his girlfriend an 09 4 door JK, just like she wanted, on Copart, but being Copart, it was sight-unseen, He goes to pick it up and learns that it is right hand drive.

He bought another white, 4 door JK for his girlfriend, but it didn't have a top or doors, so now he's trying to figure out what to do with this RHD one. Even without it's top and doors he can still get his money back 4 or 5 times over easily from it, Or, he's thinking about putting some proper axles under it and making into another toy.

5. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

2018 Ford Fiesta ST. Really best hot hatch!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

He could roll with it and become a mailman.

• Like Like x 3
  7. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

Well, do I have something weird!
    SO-- My dad owns a 2008 Toyota Sienna LE.
    It runs fine, it recently hit 100k miles. Except for one thing. If you let go of the gas while the car is going 10mph+, the car will stay at that speed forever. if you hit the brakes from 24mph to 16, the car will go back to 24 in 10 seconds. Weird right? Any help?

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

cruise control...

9. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

Nope, didn't have a cruise control.

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Stiff or out of adjustment TV cable?

That's assuming it even has one, Being a 2008, It's probably done with some kind of computer witchcraft.

11. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I saw this earlier today.
    ricemiataioptfghesfzerf.png
    why

• Like Like x 1
  12. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

That doesn't look terrible, I don't really mind it. It looks way better than Street Speed 717's old Corvette wrap. His new one is okay and has some cool history behind it but the old one was just ugly.

#5492 MotherTrucker02, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, I quite like that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

my grandmother has one that she uses to get hay and pull her horse trailer and goose neck camper that I believe has over 300,000 miles on it and could still do a lot more, for most vehicles it just depends on how well it is maintained unless it is one of those cars that blows up once it hits a certain mileage regardless on how it was maintained

• Like Like x 1
  15. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

Lined up a fun run against a brz and a cooper s for next week. Should be good.

16. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Remember to stay in your own frickin' lane. If it really is just for fun you've got no reason to cut, or to risk over/understeering into the oncoming.

17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Chuck I think you need to stop lining up against assholes, I've never had anyone purposefully cut over into my lane, and I've lined up with some sketchy folk.

Edit:
    Just for clarification, they were all on closed roads in Mexico. I promise.

18. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I don't race for money the same reason I dont have sex for money. Im An enthusiast, not a professional. Fun run only my man, nothing at stake but some thrills. Im more afraid of the boosted cooper than the brz, especially considering my current fuel map is super rich up top. Ill try to film them somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Please upload it!

20. amarks240

amarks240
    Expand Collapse

I will I just need to find a cheap camera. There are logistics too like where do I mount it and how do I avoid incriminating myself. They are both in the same performance class as I am so I know its going to be fun. Any advice is welcome ive never taken decent footage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice