General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Well, I finally did something impossible yesterday. Blew the engine in my green excel (race one). Was racing at Mallala, tapped the limiter in third gear on the straight going about 120kph, felt it bounce off it once, heard a loud rattling noise from the engine then a huge cloud of smoke blew out the bonnet and up the windshield. Pulled straight over to the closest flag point, officials said there were flames out the bottom of the car when it blew. Anyways had to get it towed back to the pits, leaked black oil absolutely everywhere, engine bay, grass where I stopped it, on the track, the tilt tray of the tow truck, in the pits and on my dads trailer (because he decided to drive it on). Engine was absolutely smashed anyways, before i bought some indians had it (and presumably drove it) with a blown top tank on the radiator. Engine had so much blow by it blew the dip stick out in practice and sprayed a massive cloud of smoke everywhere leading onto the first lap of practice.

Anyways we have a spare engine ready for it just need to swap it in, will keep you guys posted in the What did you do to your vehicle today thread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

canthandlemyswag
    swag_dance.gif

The new Mirage do look pretty cool after a few mods. Now just if they had a turbocharged version especially with how light they are (in modern standards)

Screenshot2013-03-19at80756AM_zps54e403cd.png

3. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

holy fucken shit bro thats a fuckin sexy ass fuckin automobile my goddamn its sexy

4. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

But you have to admit its no Evolution but hey its got potential.

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Its the closest thing in Body shape to an Evo that they sell in the UK. So it will have to do I guess xD

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I'd just buy an old mirage and put a turbo on that, you'd get plenty of change from that which you could spend on other performance mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

You do have the Mirage R5 but too bad there is no road going version, hell i would buy it if i had the money.
    --- Post updated ---
    Or for around the same price of an older current gen Mirage you could buy an older Evolution, but you will have to face dealing with age, high insurance costs and some dickhead trying to steal your Evo.

#7087 ktheminecraftfan, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  8. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Because i have nothing in my mind, i'll just list US cars assembled or made in various countries

-"Buick Iran".

-Yutivo Camaro.

-Chevrolet Malibu.

-Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera.

-Dodge Coronet

-GMC C/K Stepside.

-Jeep Ahoo

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I mean, I guess its a road car xD

Not sure if rally cars fall under specific road regulations or whether you are allowed to daily drive them. I would assume it would be fine though, if you can deal with bucket seats, racing harnesses etc in your daily driver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It's not sold as a road registered vehicle so nope, you'd have to jump dvla hoops

• Like Like x 2
  11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  12. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

I saw a Porsche today :D
    PhotoGrid_1496277257331.jpg

13. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

You may want to check your sources again, GM never had a truck plant in Saudi Arabia. I'm quite curious as to how many red GMC trucks ended up there, especially suck rare optioned models, bright red, long bed, step side, big block, Silverado C20's. My best guess is that they are old Halliburton trucks, due to that bright red color.

14. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

You've heard of the Iraqi Taxi before, right? Equally interesting deal.

"In 1981, Saddam Hussein’s government ordered 25,000 Malibus with GM of Canada to be used primarily as taxi cabs. The specs included the 229 cubic inch (3.8L) 110 hp (predecessor to the 4.3 L Chevy 90° V6 unrelated to the Buick V6). They insisted on a three-speed manual, with a floor shifter, air conditioning, HD cooling, AM/FM/cassette, front bench seats, 200 kmh speedometers, a rugged tweed-vinyl upholstery, and heavy duty suspension was also in the package to deal with the rough roads."

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/automotive-history-snapshot-1981-chevrolet-malibu-iraqi-taxi/

Also the even more rare Iraqi 1990 Caprice that never got exported due to the Gulf War.

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/auto-biography/1990-iraqi-9c1-from-canadas-skunkworks/

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Going back to the "how many hp do you need to merge onto the motorway" topic xD

9:46

With 4 people in it too :p

• Like Like x 2
  16. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

WP_20170601_08_49_09_Pro.jpg
    This has been for sale nearby for over a year. I think I'm finally going to call just to see how much they're asking. The interior is pretty rough so it might not be to expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

funny thing this week for a few weeks the dutch government was looking to replace almost all police cars wich are currently the : vw touran, vw transporter, vw golf, vw polo, and the vw amarok but that thing is used in the army and beach guard so they come to a collusion and choose to replace them with the Mercedes b-klasse and Mercedes vito and the reason they say why is because of the relialbillity wich is complete bullshit the only reason why they need to replace is because last year they cracked down on the civil servents working at and with the departement of justice and defense involving a huge volkswagen deal made back in 2011 and they found out about a hole corruption affaire with also included car importer pon wich later also got caught with dealing in Caterpillar parts for loads of money so this year the contract ends and they had to find a replacement

18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

19. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

20. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

Holden somewhere in the UK.

For sale*

• Like Like x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice