General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Possible it was an S14 Zenki, their front end looks similar to an R33 to the untrained/tired eye.

Going off the description, hard to tell if JDM or not, Only sure fire way to tell would be to check the steering wheel if you see it again.

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

One thing i always wondered why does everybody forget the r33 anyway?

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

Yuck, any auto jap sports car is an instant boner killer. However i did have an experience with an auto MX-5 which was on the verge of giving me a boner. @Inertia knows what i'm talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Because, as far as I'm concerned, the R33 Skyline wasn't really significant. It's wasn't the Godzilla R32. It wasn't as fast and didn't handle as well as the R34. It didn't look as good as the R34 either (although it is damn sexy). It was destined to be forgotten.

5. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Im then the probably the only one that isnt fond if the styling of the r34 id prefer the r33 or r32

6. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

What about the Nissan Skyline V35 :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

I believe it's mainly to do with styling issues. Performance wise, the R33 is not that much better than an R32 (keeping in mind all RB26DETT engines had the same power from factory), so it didn't have the surprise appeal of the R32, which was revolutionary in terms of speed upon it's release.

Back to said styling issues, lot of people see the R33 as "fat" and "bloated" or just generally ugly, to the point where there is a meme in which the R33 is replaced by a boat:

Personally, I think they are stupid. But that's just my opinion:p

I guess people also prefer the R32 because it's the original ゴジラ, and it looks better. As to why people fanboy over R34's so much? dunno, probably Paul Walker's fault XD
    To quote the great Keiichi Tsuchiya, "This is a Cefiro!"

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I love the 33

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

The R33 is my favorite skyline!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I think most people outside Japan forget/don't realize that the Skyline was just boring family car that happened to have a couple exciting trim levels. I personally prefer the looks of the base R32 sedan over any of the sporty variants.

r32nissanskylinesedanprevious5of16nextbacktor32nissan___.jpg

My all-time favourite is probably the R30 wagon:
    R30-08.jpg

#7470 Googlefluff, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

I saw one of those new Hyundai coupes with a loud V8 ( I don't actually know if it was a V8) that was lowered. It was at an intersection where a public library was located.

I heard it from inside

12. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Sadly, Hyundai refuses to put their 5.0 V8 in the Genesis Coupe. I don't know why, it'd just make an already fantastic car that much better. A V8 Genesis Coupe is the only car of that caliber I'd consider buying over a Mustang (well... that and an SRT 392 Shaker). Oh well, this is why engine swapping exists I guess.

13. ConcordeLXi

ConcordeLXi
    Expand Collapse

I like an R33 sedan with a small spoiler.
    R33Sedan.jpg

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. aesthetic_tea

aesthetic_tea
    Expand Collapse

In all honesty, I don't like Skylines that much. I'm more of a Mark II Supra person. I would love to own one, someday, if there is any alive. :C

• Like Like x 1
  15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

In terms of Skyline's, I'd love an R32 GTS-T sedan.

IMG_8129.jpg

This particular one is for sale by Japanese Classics for $11,000. Needs the driver's seat re-upholstered, so I wonder if they'd take $10,500 for it. Doesn't matter, I can't afford it anyway. They have a couple Silvia Q's as well. Tempting. They have a 1JZ-GTE Soarer too. Even more tempting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

VW Golf with Land Rover wheels?!?
    IMG_2620.jpg

17. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Looked in the rearview mirror as it passed and the back end was obviously S13.

Like I said, I was pretty tired at the time, so it could have had the standard S13 front end, or an S13.4 faceswap. Like I said, if I see it again, I'll check it out.

18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I live the r32 gtst because its still somewhat reachable and can be made into an gtr quite easily i recently found one at an importer for 8000 euros and it still looked Alright and didnt have alot of kilometers on it

19. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

lolno:p I can imagine a 4WD conversion would be a nightmare. Also no widebody.

That said, they did make a GTS4, which is a HCR32 GTS-t but with the GTR 4WD system. I'm sure you could mod one of them up^^

20. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

youre probably right but im guessing that the GTS4 is really rare and a more expensive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice