General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I was merely using my own circumstances to prove a point: electric cars fundamentally restrict their owners' ability to go places and do things, especially on the spur of the moment. A trip that would be easy in a gasoline car now requires careful planning and frequent, long stops.

Besides, you know what I think about building to the lowest common denominator anyway. Your "most people aren't enthusiasts" argument is the same one that leads to "family-oriented" vehicles being boring and awful to drive.

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

So just redid the calculation for the nissan leaf and it would be 34000 euros then wed get 5000 euros from our government so it would cost 29000 euros a rapid with the same specs would cost 29000 euros but we get at least 20percent on the rapid so the leaf needs to save alot of money

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

You might be able to haggle some money off a nissan leaf too.

Also, the Renault zoe is about £8000 cheaper than the Nissan Leaf at its base list price in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Yeah could be but we have 3 cars already so we dont need another now and the range is still the biggest problems with those cars

• Like Like x 1
  5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

That's fair enough, I was more commenting on that if you are going to run the numbers on whether an EV is affordable, it may be better to use the cheapest option and account for haggling on both sides of the equation if you are planning on doing so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I guess when you don't have the money you have to get crafty and find an affordable alternative.

Dam
    http://www.motoring.com.au/classic-ford-falcon-v8s-at-shannons-107836/

#7986 ktheminecraftfan, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  7. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Recently got a GoPro and I wanted to test it along with my homemade magnetic mount.

Not to toot my own horn, but I think my pickup sounds pretty dang good. I had no idea though that my turbo was that loud when I let off to shift.

• Like Like x 3
  8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

am i the only one that always configures cars when u have spare time?

9. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Nope

10. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i also just found out that subaru offers their old brochures as a pdf just downloaded all of them and now i have a good bed lecture. Does anyone know if there are diffrent manufacturers who do that?

11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Yesterday, I went out driving for the first time in a local empty parking lot near a BiMart in my grandma's Kia Spectra with my grandpa in the passenger's seat. I did not even scratch it anywhere, but I can say that it felt very different from driving in BeamNG (mostly because I use a keyboard and orbit cam in Beam). Here is what I learned in 20 minutes of puttering around at 5 to 15 miles per hour about my driving skill:

*I am mostly smooth at braking.
    *My steering inputs are relatively fluid.
    *I am quite herky-jerky with the throttle.

#7991 DriftinCovet1987, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  12. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

What is good at braking supposed to mean

13. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Well, what I meant was that I am much smoother with the brake than I am with the throttle. That does not mean that I can brake well, though.

14. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I just read some posts on this Reddit page https://www.reddit.com/r/ToyotaSupra/.

Yeah a80 Supras are expensive to buy (at least in freedomland of america) and maintain. I guess its like that popular girl at high school that everyone talks about her being amazing then you go to date her and you find out she ends up spending most of your money.

I wonder if anyone on this fourm owns one of these things.

16. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Yeah again sorry :

We are still looking for a new car. We are fixed to 3 cars :

-Cadillac CTS Elegance AWD 270hp
    -Wrangler unlimited Rubicon V6
    -VW Tiguan Carat 190hp

Yeah, those cars doesn't share anything, I know.

The wrangler is Probably the worst choice, It have the less equipment, bad gas mileage and It's not like we're gonna do extreme Off-road. It's still a very rare car here, and a good looking one. But I know Jeeps doesn't have a good reputation.

The Tiguan is probably the more sensible choice. I trust VW. But that's the thing. It's borring, you see them everywhere on the road and it doesn't have anything really intresting.

The CTS is pretty freaking cool, a lot of equipements, it looks good, I've never seen one on the roads, it's big enough for a familly car, but it also cost the more, and my Father always wanted an SUV.
    Yeah I know « Uhhhooh god I4 in a 2.2t Cadillac it's not enough » 270Hp, 0-60 in 6sc, that enough for us. And again, as I said I've never seen this car irl, it's really rare in Europe and I have no idea how reliable it is.
    There's very few Cadillac dealercheap as you can probably guess, but there's one close to where I live.

So what do you think ?

17. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

With the solid line, chevrons on the ground, chevrons on a sign, two keep right signs, plus all the oncoming traffic and the fact that no one else is going that way, it would take a colossal moron to screw that up. Or vodka. Or both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I would auto-answer CTS in that situation, because it's not an SUV, so it's automatically better to me. Especially if it can be got in a manual. Though I'm not sure if they've cleaned up their reliability act since the first part of this decade.

19. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I would also vote the CTS, but I do like big sedans.

20. Nathan 03

Nathan 03
    Expand Collapse

Where is this?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice