General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

My bad, thought you owned the A119

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Nah, the trailer started to sway & he couldn't get out of it.

Apparently the Navara's frame was twisted in the crash too, so both are write-offs

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, I don't like the look of that setup at all, small truck, small utility trailer, and a car that barely fits on said trailer. I think the towing capacity of those Frontiers is only something like 5500 - 6000 lbs, and I'm guessing that trailer loaded was probably around 5500.

Also I'd have loaded the car further on the trailer if possible, I'd bet that is what caused the accident, too little tongue weight, trailer started to sway, and it got too violent, and flipped.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah with proper tongue weight that accident probably never would have happened. Even if he just had trailer brakes it would have been easy to correct the sway.

8. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

Alright thanks

1984 much?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Well, sure, it is rather a lot. But I don't really find it invasive. Generally I think it serves a good purpose and is used well. But as shown in my above posts that isn't always the case.

Having said that...

All large commercial vehicles (lories, coaches, buses etc) must be fitted with CCTV over here

• Like Like x 1
  10. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

:eek: woah, what a c^nt

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

No I totally understand. These measures are totally logical, seeing as the times we live in are so turbulent and violent. It's all in the name of security

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Violence is always a thing, frankly the UK has had it much worse than currently and within the last 30 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, violence and crime in general are pretty average to low when compared with what they used to and could be. The main reason for the cameras being there is so the police can see everything and hand out fines like free sweets. Pays for itself after just a couple of weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

that's what I ment

15. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

This will be an expensive investissement, but it will worth it. I'm a bit disappointed, few months ago they were still selling "Official" stock VW parts. But they probably ran out.
    Stockshocks.jpg

16. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

I approve, 89 low option V20 Suburban, TBI 350 with a 4 speed with almost no rust? That's a find. I just wish someone hadn't painted the grille and mirrors black.

There are a few things I'd check though
    1. Miles, find out how many miles are on it, those EFI 350's are tough to kill, but it'd still be nice to know.
    2. Find out if it's got a semi or full float rear, being an 89 it could have either, depending on what GVW it was ordered with.
    3. Check the frame around the steering box. If It's ever had big tires on it, theres a possibility that the frame can crack around the steering box, and that would need bracing, immediately.

18. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

I actually kind of like the mirrors and grille, but I have a strong distaste for chrome. Mileage is definitely something I was planning to check and I've looked into the steering brace already. Offroad Design looks like a good place to get one. The DOR brace I put on my pickup has helped stiffen things up quite a bit so it's a mod I would do regardless of cracking. As for the axle, to be honest I didn't know much about semi vs full-floating. After reading up on it it looks like full is definitely the stronger and better option. What would be the best way to figure that out visually, if the guy doesn't know?

19. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

I won't be of any help but... Wha 3500$ You can't find anything like that for less than 30 000€ here. I know it make sense, 'cause US and stuff but, yeah, I'm jealous

20. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Murica
    Running costs would probably be insane too. I can't imagine it gets above 15 mpg and I'm guessing that you guys tax larger vehicles more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice