General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

wow that's the least power from a modern car I have ever seen

2. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

It wasnt that modern its from the early 90s and it weighed nearly nothing so 50 hp are enough

3. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

One of these beasts? (minus the twin cam 1.3L fuel injected G13B though, obviously)
    Swift.jpg

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So many of them with so many suffixes and variations, like the ej255 in a wrx only being 230hp rather than 250hp.
    Subarus in a way are complex with the number of options available across models yet at the same time the interchangeability is all there, your 255 will happily replace the 205 in my wrx. And yeah it's alot to remember but you don't have to, it's all documented on the Google's like immediately.

The software my company makes which we used to data collection on my car recently while trying to analyse wheel bearing needs details of gear and diff ratios. 5 seconds on Google, nailed it, even got the centre diff ratio which is often absent without manufacturer private documentation.

5. Montego

Montego
    Expand Collapse

Recently, some chav scratched the side of my Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. I hope their Mercedes is more broken than my car.

6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

His has a diffrent front end basically this just in a bluish green

Attached Files:

• 250px-Suzuki_Swift_front_20081216.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. PIXELFIXER

PIXELFIXER
    Expand Collapse

Renault is my go-to car manufacturer because of their superior build quality and bright traffic lights.
    Heres an example of how renault can change your driving experience and not exhaust your wallet (too much) :

8. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Say what you like about Renault. The reality is there are still a lot of old Clio's out there, if they were actually unreliable, there wouldn't be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I nearly had a big crash yesterday wich makes me want to have a dashcam. So i was driving home from work when a car before me a lorry just did a full stop without reason the car after it just managed to brake and i too (if the car before me would have had a tow hitch id hit it) and when looking to my right there was another lorry standing next to me on the hardshoulder wich was previusly behind me wich means he must have drivinen over to the right in order to avoid me. If he crashed into us hed probably would've pushed me into the car in front and the one infront under the other lorry wich wouldnt have ended well. Also i was lucky that i didnt swerve to the left or right because basically i woul have been hit by something

10. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

11. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

My go to it GM are they good no but parts are so easy to find it doesn't matter plus they do have style to them (well the shit they had before the euro restyling )

12. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

GM is a good brand, but they fell when they made plastic, uninspired, shit like the 90's Buick Century and don't get me started in the Cadillac Cimmaron.

13. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

But I like the Cadillac Cimmaron.

14. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The Yukon definitely isn't converting me into a GM fanboy. It's unreliable as all hell and parts aren't as cheap as they should be. I can deal with unreliable, but when a rear axle bearing and seal cost $40 I start to have a problem.
    It's also the least solid feeling vehicle I've ever driven.

15. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Are you talking about a new Yukon? Because a 2006 Yukon shouldn't take your wallet that much. If you're talking about a 2017 Yukon, yeah all new cars will take your wallet and go down to the strip club with it when something breaks. Plus a rear axle bearing normally cost $20 for like smaller cars and $50 for large pickups.

#8715 nosraenyr kcirtap kcin, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  16. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It's a 97.
    A rear axle bearing and seal for a Crown Vic is $15. That's a beefy solid axle too.

17. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Than again the Yukon was based off a heavy duty truck so I guess it makes since? To let you know I'm not smart at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The Yukon is not heavy-duty.

I think you might be confusing it with the Hummer H2, which was based off the HD Silverado.

19. JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢

JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢
    Expand Collapse

It was based on the Silverado, however.

20. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Not the HD Silverado, though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice