General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

BUT ETS STEEL DA SILVEYADO

2. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

There are construction differences between the normal Silverado (Yukon's base) and the HD one (H2's base).

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

The Yukon is on a half ton truck frame.
    30 bucks for an axle bearing still seems pricy to me. It isn't a very complicated part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its alright, tried checking prices for yukon axle bearings in UK. does £90 and about £20 shipping sound alright to you? £110. Almost 150 bucks.
    Rear wheel bearing for a bugeye though, less than 30 bucks shipped. And tbh, I cant find bearings for any vehicle much cheaper than that, like theres a few coming in at 25, some 35, seems to be pretty flat rate

5. XManic1995

XManic1995
    Expand Collapse

Pigeon attack poo on the my car fuk :mad:
    IMG_2968.jpg

5 min later...
    IMG_2969.jpg
    Done!

6. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I guess I've just been spoiled by the panther platform.

7. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

The H2 had its own special frame that was built specifically for it. It can't reasonably to be compared to the HD Silverado. The Yukon, either 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton, was far better suited for actual work. The H2 was a pretty awful GM design, its towing capacity is below that of 1st gen Tahoes/Yukons with gasoline engines like Potato's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

tbh, when it comes to things with wheels, I'd rather pay 30 bucks and know its a good solid bearing than pay 10 bucks and have something thats gonna seize at 70mph

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I agree.
    On rockauto, you can get a cheap rear axle bearing for a yukon for $20, but the average going rate for the decent quality ones is ~$35. Average for a decent quality axle bearing for a Crown vic is ~20.
    It's a pretty small margin, but this stuff adds up when it breaks constantly and will make it harder to turn a decent profit when I go to sell it.

#8729 Potato, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Good news there is gonna be a new Mitsubishi evolution
    bad news its gonna be an SUV.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

WHAT111111111!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111

MITSUBISHI IS MAKING ANOTHER SUV>>@>@>@>?@?@?@?@?

its not like they've already got about 20 in production

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. ItaliAsian

ItaliAsian
    Expand Collapse

Oh no how tragic, how could Mitsubishi ever make a SUV based Evo and betray their core demographic of 13 year old boys!?

Mitsubishi is a flop and has been a flop for close to two decades. There is a reason why they have been failing since the early 2000's and the reason is that they make really shitty cars and don't make cars that consumers want to buy. You might think that if Mitsubishi brings back the Evo it will save them, but it won't because less than 1% of car buyers would buy it. Nissan is now in control of Mitsubishi and they will save the company by making a shit ton of crossover SUV's because that is what people will buy and what we can wish for is that Mitsubishi will gain market share and will participate in racing again which will be the return of performance cars from them. As a owner of a Mitsubishi I don't have any high hopes for Mitsubishi anymore and it probably will stay that way until they start making decent cars again.

I couldn't find any sources of Mitsubishi bringing back the Evo in SUV form besides speculations. It is confirmed that the Eclipse will return as a crossover SUV, but not the Evo. Mitsubishi will not change the Lancer to a crossover SUV because that is currently their only sedan left on the market and they need at least one, so there might be hope for a new Evo when they finally decide to make a new Lancer but until then I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Eclipse as an SUV? Now that's going too far. Oh wait, I forgot, people these days would rather have a big clumsy pseudo-truck than a low, sleek, good-looking coupe. Why, I don't know, accurate speculation on those matters is beyond my powers of pessimism.

Join the American Body Style Rebellion, bring back coupes and wagons!

• Like Like x 3
  14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Why would Tesla put these ugly hubcaps on the Model 3.. if you remove the hubcaps, underneath are these sporty rims
    2.jpg 1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Because Tesla isn't supposed to be sporty, remember? In the brave new world, sport will be grounds for immediate execution.

16. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

17. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense, but why make those good looking wheels to put a hubcap on them? Why not use some steelies or a simpler alloy wheel?

18. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Balance of weight and strength is all I can think of but that's pure speculation

19. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

On the contrary, I'd be willing to bet the reason they didn't just slap on steelies was to appeal to car enthusiasts. They know a large portion of their demographic will just want the aero hubcaps in order to improve range by 17 feet, but owners who want to can simply pop them off and voila, sporty black alloys right from the factory. They even put Tesla badges on them. If it was any other company, I would agree that there would likely be some hidden motive, but I think it's undeniable at this point that Tesla is the "cool" car company, even if you dislike electric power.

@MotherTrucker02 @aljowen

#8739 Googlefluff, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

One big problem is you have a large bunch of people who keep asking for cars like a new Nissan Silvia (sporty coupe that happens to be RWD) but they will not buy one new so they are a big part of the problem, You got to have enough demand to make a car worthwhile.

Remember no one buying a certain car new means that there will be zero ones hitting the used market later down the line.

I really want to see a new Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 but sadly I can't currently see it becoming a reality anytime soon.
    --- Post updated ---
    this is as good as you are gonna get but sadly its currently only a concept http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/newsrelease/2017/detail1074.html?intcid3=FBen_20170920_na

Would love to see it becoming a reality as Mitsubishi lacks some sort of halo car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice