General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll

llӇƳЄƝƛԼƠƦƊll
    Expand Collapse

Is England your city?
    OT: Charger or Challenger hellcat

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

After a battery recharge, a space heater pointed up at the gearbox for about an hour, and a prayer, the Journey started, but it's showing a "service AWD" light and throws up the "vehicle not in park" message if you open the door with the engine running. Also idles like a diesel, but it's been doing that since before and may have something to do with a different problem involving the air intake.

Chrysler = Crying hateful regrets stealing life, ending rationality.

3. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

If it is constantly doing that then maybe it's time to make some abstract art out of it if you know what I mean :rolleyes:
    engine would make a nice table

#9363 JBatic, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  4. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

As much of a Mopar fanboy as I am I will admit that Chrysler electronics suck from the mid 2000s and beyond. And Chrysler's Uconnect system is actually supposed to be one of the best.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I bet that all comes back to something simple like a bad ground. Good luck finding it though.

6. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Ours doesn't have UConnect; it's a low-line model with fewer functions in the touchscreen. Which basically means that it takes all the radio and HVAC functions that used to be done with buttons and shoves them all into one distracting & overall user-hostile touch screen (which I shouldn't have called "navitainment" as the "navi" part is not there in this one).

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

At least if my car ever decides to freak like that (unlikely, the Subaru electronics are pretty bulletproof and it doesn't have many in first place), I have the tools to diagnose:
    IMG_20170905_075939.jpg
    Oscilloscopes are mighty handy. Pictured is one I borrowed from work though I do also have one now. Can also read CAN with them along with LIN and SENT and there's a few applications for the scope itself
    IMG_20170428_115936.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. antil33t

antil33t
    Expand Collapse

mmmm scopes, mines like.. CRT and old. 100mhz fluke combiscope I scored because the place that had heaps upgraded to smaller scopes.

Actually come to think about it who did I loan it to...

9. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

In Charleston, South Carolina someone daily drives a Holden VL Commodore
    UsFan708.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. antil33t

antil33t
    Expand Collapse

of all the things to import the US, a dirty old VL On cop wheels lol

11. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

That's dumb, and strange. Most cars I've seen still have physical controls for the bigger stuff like HVAC and radio. I know my dad's truck does and it's FCA, but I guess it has more interior space to work with.

12. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I really hate the new infotainment system of vw as they dont even have buttons for the volume anymore so you bascally cant adjust the radio while driving

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Old Commos look hot on police wheels imo

14. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I work for a scope manufacturer so can borrow units freely, I also have one I salvaged from eWaste which is fairly old but works still, 4th channel has some issues but the other 3 are fine. Full differential, 12 bit resolution and +-400V input, but only 5Mhz bandwidth and 20Mhz sampling

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Definitely better than the standard wheels on our Opel Senators "Polizei" cars:

16. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

It does look like something Chrysler would've made in the 80's

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The only reason they get into the news is because people consider anything related to Tesla as news. You don't see news stories when other cars have fit and finish issues, the number of Mercedes that I have seen with door panels that don't align properly is quite a poor reflection on them as a brand, however that isn't considered newsworthy, because they aren't Tesla.

In the Model S that I have ridden in everything felt solid, however the materials and design weren't as nice as other brands. The Model X was less impressive, one of the rear doors squeaked and there was an interior panel that didn't fit properly. However it also had a smashed mirror because the owner of the company uses the cars that he leases, and apparently he doesn't look after them at all, so its probably had a hard life and a little bit of oil would likely work wonders. None the less it had those issues.

My understanding is that the early Tesla's were actually worse, since they were still figuring out all of the manufacturing side of things. Whereas most companies already have manufacturing nailed and over the lifespan of a product they will start to cut corners in order to deliver a lower production cost for themselves, which is essentially optimisation of the product, but with profit as the goal.

Honestly the BMW I8 felt no more solid or robust, it was just nicer to be in. In the same way that most Hyundai's feel really solid and robust, but use materials that are less pleasing to touch and look at.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Except the VL is RWD & came with either a Nissan RB30 or a V8 ;)

19. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

So it was something that Chrysler wanted in the 80's

20. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

they made a rwd conversion for the daytona that used a 318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice