General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I guess I'd be all for it too, especially if it drastically reduced the amount of crashes from people who just don't care about others. Regardless of how soul depriving it is...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Welp, some studies have actually shown that actually, 80% of freight moved by truck in the US is only moved 250 miles at a time, hence why tesla aimed to cover a 500 mile range, enough for there and back, plus some juicing at the end points.

To be honest that surprises me. I'd have honestly thought its further, and clearly 1 in 5 trips is a lot further. But I guess thats what teslas going for.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Hey tell your mother if she don't know this but Honda have to recall some where in between 800,000-900,000 mini vans

4. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

If it's any consolation, if Tesla doesn't get their act together they probably won't continue to exist.

And with this whole debacle around electric/self-driving cars, yeah it will absolutely be safer and make for a cleaner environment (at least in the long run), but does it not concern you guys that the majority of the population will be "driving" lame cars with no personality? They will look at car people and see jerks who just want to pollute the environment and risk other peoples lives driving instead of letting the car drive for them. There will be nothing stopping them from throwing laws at cars until car culture is nonexistent because they will have the majority. Granted all of this will be quite a ways in the future, especially for those of us that live away from big cities, but it still scares me that car culture could die out either because of lack of interest or be forced out of existence by lawmakers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

The guy in the Nissan/Infiniti is the husband of the woman in the Dodge/Fiat. Its an insurance scam, she acts like the victim hit her & her husband waits up the road incase the victim tries to leave.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Every year a local radio station in my city organizes a Convoy to raise money for charity, this year over 700 trucks & 1000 motorcycles participated. Pretty awesome event
    000.jpg 0000000.jpg 000000.jpg 0000.jpg 000.png 00.jpg 00.png 0.jpg 0.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. MotherTrucker02

MotherTrucker02
    Expand Collapse

"Was the dark of the moon on the sixth of June in a Kenworth pullin' logs" That one? The one literally called convoy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Honestly, the idea of a self driving car replacing most cars scare me, it would solidify the idea that "cars are just applications" and head to pretty much what i think is a dystopian world for a car guy and probably make mankind lazy as hell.

And also, imagine a world where every fucking car is the same car with a different badge and where the sound of a turbo 2JZ or the roar of a supercharged 440 V8 is replaced by the sound of a electric car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. That sounds about right. The one with the rubber duck.

11. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

That's the 1976 version to let you know

• Like Like x 2
  12. nosraenyr kcirtap kcin

nosraenyr kcirtap kcin
    Expand Collapse

Let's see what Bob Lutz (a former GM vice chairman) have to say about Tesla https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/tesla-is-going-out-of-business-says-former-gm-exec-bob-lutz.html

13. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

14. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

If you ever feel ignored, just remember this 'no parking' sign that I park in front of every day.
    00000.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Totally not related, but I'm sad they don't sell cab-over vans in North America anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Only new cab-over van available in Australia is the Toyota Hiace
    00000.jpg
    Mitsubishi Express was also sold here until 2013
    000000.jpg
    Express is the last vehicle ever to be sold in Australia with a 1 star ANCAP rating :p

17. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

You can see why it gets a 1 star lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, they're not the safest, but I just like them for some reason. I'm more interested in the smaller passenger ones like the LiteAce, though, which aren't really sold anywhere at this point.

19. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

To be fair you could probably make them just as safe as a smart car.

20. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

The Smart car is not "unsafe" by any means.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice