General Car Discussion

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by HadACoolName, Mar 6, 2015.

1. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Wrong thread ignore

#9861 NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck, Dec 5, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

I may be telling you things you already know, but when you go to drive it the first time... drive it like it's worth a million dollars. Wait till all is clear to gently pull out, smoothly pull away from stop lights, wait till you have been driving around a while before you start even pushing it a little in the corners, and DEFINITELY don't drive it in the rain.

I say this because the Corvette is a very lively car. Even my 84 can spin the tires at will with as little as a third of the throttle applied. Don't get brave with it until you are fully familiar with the car and what it can/will do. ESPECIALLY IN THE RAIN! I can't stress this enough. My Corvette is sideways everywhere you go in the rain and can break the rears lose by just changing gear (Its an auto unfortunately). Keep your head on and learn the car first before you start having fun with it. Respect it and it will reward you 10 fold.

3. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

that's because it was a rebaged Mazda 121.

If it funds a crazy super car like what Porsche did with the Carerra GT (Paul walker deathmachine) then it isn't that bad.

In other news the Tesla emits more CO2 than a Mitsubishi Mirage, so if you wanna save the planet buy a Mirage! http://www.leftlanenews.com/mit-tesla-s-emits-more-co2-than-mitsubishi-mirage-98743.html

Also the next gen Mirage might end up being based on the Renault Clio.
    https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/next-mitsubishi-mirage-to-go-upmarket-116248

4. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You don't say...? :eek:

:p

• Like Like x 1
  5. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

Tesla Model 3 in Norway (With Danish plates)
    000000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

So alot of my brothers colleagues now critisise him for wanting a alfa and not a polo but now weve settled on that alfa so well defend our decission. Also we locked at used polos but theyre more expensive have fewer things as standard more kms on the clock are more expensive to insure and it has a shitty 1.4 liter engine which will blow to pieces if you look at it funny so why buy it? Because its a vw so you pay premium for a badge wich doesnt mean anything except unreliable and untrustworthy

7. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

In my experience, the people with VW's I know, and me, generally find them quite reliable. But I guess if you've had a different experience with them, then fair enough.

At the same time though, why do people keep criticizing your brother's car? It's not their car. Let him drive what he wants!

8. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree with you and they can be reliable sometimes but engines like the 1.4 are just unreliable and the 2.0l engines do often have problems

9. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The buyers of luxury cars are usually of the age when your neck and back thank you for buying a taller car.

10. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

Judging by the look of half of these types of vehicles, their eyesight has done it's fair share of ageing too

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

VW's are unreliable and poorly made, so the best alternative is an Alfa? What sort of loopyland do you live in where any of that makes sense?

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

In a land where this happens. Same land where the '80s are over since more than 30 years.

13. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

What went wrong with Nissan? In 2010 they were 7th place, now they're literally less reliable than a Peugeot. Lets be honest. You've gotta be really aiming for the bottom to be below them nowadays

14. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

So why not go the extra mile and buy a Lexus?

Just before anybody says "but Alfa Romeo has a sould/is art/babble/other babble", I remind it's got the same drivetrain as the Opel/Vauxhall Vectra.
    --- Post updated ---
    Renault part sharing.

15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I don't know. Having a whole range manufactured in Europe probably didn't help.
    Lolwut?

Survey is about the Giulietta, which has absolutely nothing in common with the Vectra or any GM product for that matter.

16. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

All of them do? I find that hard to believe, since according to Wikipedia, the Vectra hasn't been sold since '08

I guess I should've should've seen that coming, but even Renault theirself have almost a 20% higher rating

17. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

He's probably confusing it with the AR 159, the only fruit of the ill-fated cooperation with GM, which used reworked Ecotec engines.

The 159 itself was discontinued in 2011.

18. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

If you want the best suv made in the past 10 years get a Mitsubishi Outlander.

#9878 ktheminecraftfan, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  19. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

What? It's mediocrity distilled.

20. Googlefluff

Googlefluff
    Expand Collapse

I don't know where you got the idea that they stopped making reliable cars in the 80's. I know from experience they kept it up until at least the fourth generation Golf and Jetta, but I'm not familiar with much after that. I think it's also worth pointing out that the cars on the bottom of that list aren't necessarily unreliable, they're just less reliable than the others. It depends on how they did their calculations. I know two people who own Jeeps (a JK and a Renegade) and the build quality isn't excellent, but if that's what a 42% looks like, then a 74% can hardly be considered bad. We're long past the days where there were cars that had trouble starting before they left the lot.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice